• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP ME QUICK, I am on vacation!!! diamond drive

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
just got to west yellowstone today, went out for a quick run to test out my new to me 07 m1000. I trail ride about 5 miles, no problem. Hit a hill, full throttle up it, I hear a little grinding, I think it is ratcheting or hitting the ground under the snow. I ride a bit more, then all of this sudden on a climb I just stop. I think I blew a belt, check it out, nope belts fine. I put the the sled in reverse, it goes back into gear, and I am fine for another 30 seconds till I climb again and sled does the same thing. It is going into a "neutral". I trail rode the sled back with it going into nuetral every minute or so. I put it into reverse to get the gears or whatever to realign again, and it works for a minute.

I have the DD ripped apart right now, everything looks good, except there is slight wear on the edges of the revers forks. I am thinking of putting it all together and disconnected the reverse servo motor, see if that makes a difference. Any ideas before I put it all back together, and see this.

Thanks. I will be waiting for replies

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
go over to the Cat store in the morning, they will fix you up

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
just got to west yellowstone today, went out for a quick run to test out my new to me 07 m1000. I trail ride about 5 miles, no problem. Hit a hill, full throttle up it, I hear a little grinding, I think it is ratcheting or hitting the ground under the snow. I ride a bit more, then all of this sudden on a climb I just stop. I think I blew a belt, check it out, nope belts fine. I put the the sled in reverse, it goes back into gear, and I am fine for another 30 seconds till I climb again and sled does the same thing. It is going into a "neutral". I trail rode the sled back with it going into nuetral every minute or so. I put it into reverse to get the gears or whatever to realign again, and it works for a minute.

I have the DD ripped apart right now, everything looks good, except there is slight wear on the edges of the revers forks. I am thinking of putting it all together and disconnected the reverse servo motor, see if that makes a difference. Any ideas before I put it all back together, and see this.

Thanks. I will be waiting for replies

I have a complete DD with M8 gears in it you need some parts.
I'm at the Forum Ride at the Holiday Inn.

PM me if you need parts, I give my cell and we can connect.

KSH

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
KSH, thanks. I Just put it back together. It seemed to go together more flush then when I just took it apart. Also, I am going to disconnect my back up reverse servo. I have a bit of confidence that it will work. If it does not, I will try and get in contact with you tommorow night. Thank you very much

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
KSH, thanks. I Just put it back together. It seemed to go together more flush then when I just took it apart. Also, I am going to disconnect my back up reverse servo. I have a bit of confidence that it will work. If it does not, I will try and get in contact with you tommorow night. Thank you very much

If you need it, let me know.
I will be pulling out early Monday.

S

superfast

Nov 26, 2007
Billings Montana
we had the same issue with a m1 we just worked back and forth till it went into gear and stayed there... got back home tore it apart and the little plastic pieces that go on the reverse shift forks were shot that is most likely your problem just replace them

Premium Features