• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

worked a 860 today with the etec

S

sonic

Oct 26, 2008
Medicine Hat
Sonic-Where do you fit in all of this? I see you are from the same town as good 'old Fred.....you guys ride together or what? Maybe its your sled he is putting down???? I am sure that 880 with the single pipe still runs way better than a 860 with twins! :face-icon-small-ton

i dont ride with as//////.but fred like i said any time you want to try a well tuned 860let me know.thanks kelsey for the awsome moter.i dont run twins???????

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ok my bad! I thought I seen a post on here tonight about your piston wash with twins.

S

sonic

Oct 26, 2008
Medicine Hat
look under the name sonic 860 xrs/xp,the one sled is my brothers he just added twins i post some things for him to try and help him out,seems to be coming together for him now,sorry for the confusion

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
just got in from a cold cold day, wow has this thread progressed

got just over 250 miles on the etec and have drove it less than 70 myself, today it got worked by a 860 on a 2.5 track, but still is a player

i have no plans running the etec the way it is now, we will have a turbo on it shortly, with a better track, breakin should be over soon i hope

as for the 880, lost two more paddles on the 3 inch track over the week, will need a replacment soon

as for the 860/880 comparsions, i have been with the 880 now on its forth year, and seen some strong 860s, but also some that have cost the owners alot of money and never did turn out, so much that the dealer does not sell the kits anymore, excuse after excuse gets old...

now for how i compare the etec to the 880, i will jump on it a few times a day to compare, i found it to be real tippy in the trees today compared to the 880, and will be hooking up sway bar once again with skis set to wide stance, found the etec sterring to slide more than turn, like the higher seat on the etec, but the etec needs a 10" handlebar risser

as for power, it feels good but just lacks the tq and arm wrenching feeling, i took both sleds up a shoot today, and the etec falls off were the 880 just keeps going, even track poaching does not get it overly close, i know the 3 inch track will help the etec a ton

happy new year

S

sonic

Oct 26, 2008
Medicine Hat
just got in from a cold cold day, wow has this thread progressed

got just over 250 miles on the etec and have drove it less than 70 myself, today it got worked by a 860 on a 2.5 track, but still is a player

i have no plans running the etec the way it is now, we will have a turbo on it shortly, with a better track, breakin should be over soon i hope

as for the 880, lost two more paddles on the 3 inch track over the week, will need a replacment soon

as for the 860/880 comparsions, i have been with the 880 now on its forth year, and seen some strong 860s, but also some that have cost the owners alot of money and never did turn out, so much that the dealer does not sell the kits anymore, excuse after excuse gets old...

now for how i compare the etec to the 880, i will jump on it a few times a day to compare, i found it to be real tippy in the trees today compared to the 880, and will be hooking up sway bar once again with skis set to wide stance, found the etec sterring to slide more than turn, like the higher seat on the etec, but the etec needs a 10" handlebar risser

as for power, it feels good but just lacks the tq and arm wrenching feeling, i took both sleds up a shoot today, and the etec falls off were the 880 just keeps going, even track poaching does not get it overly close, i know the 3 inch track will help the etec a ton

happy new year

well fred ///happey new year;;;any time you want to try the e tec or the 880 just let me know.thanks kelsey and///////// for the AWSOME 860.LETS NOTFORGTE THE ROSSTERBUILDED CLUTCH .....THANKKS BOTH YOU GUYS.AND A happpy new year

S

sonic

Oct 26, 2008
Medicine Hat
well fred ///happey new year;;;any time you want to try the e tec or the 880 just let me know.thanks kelsey and///////// for the AWSOME 860.LETS NOTFORGTE THE ROSSTERBUILDED CLUTCH .....THANKKS BOTH YOU GUYS.AND A happpy new year

rk tek 860 /////any time fred//any time......let it snow:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The last 20cc is magic:face-icon-small-dis

There are some performance differences between the 860 and 880.I own both motors and also recently tuned 5- 860,s and 3 -880,s of all brands, On the bench you can really see who puts the quality effort into the porting,That said the 860,s will spool up quicker and has a snap not found in the 880 which needs to ran a little less RPM,s and clutch loaded a tad more.Could explain less snap. the 880 has some Rpm recovery quality's not found in the 860.It can be pulled down however recovers instantly, motor is no peaky. Both great motors depending on its intent. For the long deep pulls the 880 which likes a tad richer jetting pulls harder and longer and for ditchbangin on /off throttle the 860 can not be matched. Assuming these are all jetted/clutched properly,This is splitting hairs since they are close and many variables. the E tec which is a strong stock motor is just that,A stock well tuned motor.No need for a pissing match,I think we who spend a fortune and countless hours tuning a Mod motor get butt hurt when we hear a stock motor will conquer.Butt not in 2011 ,not yet

A
Dec 27, 2007
I am with Sonic ! Lets have a Alberta 860/880 Shoot Out I will bring my little 860 and my 174 which Fredw claims 174's don't have track speed! I don't care where we go in the mountians! As long as it not the river in Medicine Hat! Egg him on Sonic I will join you ! I am open up to Mid April! HAHAHAHA

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
I am with Sonic ! Lets have a Alberta 860/880 Shoot Out I will bring my little 860 and my 174 which Fredw claims 174's don't have track speed! I don't care where we go in the mountians! As long as it not the river in Medicine Hat! Egg him on Sonic I will join you ! I am open up to Mid April! HAHAHAHA

I want in on this, Last time i was out i beat up on a 880 which was tuned very well motor and clutchs running a 163 2.5 not by much though. THE 163 etek was still on break in but was not even in the same class although the rider wayed an extra 70 lbs. my split second 860 was untouchable with iced up pilots hardley even ran on bottom end, clutching needs work as well but it did have a 174 3" track which in my opinion is the biggest decider. a stock xp with this track geared right would beat up on any of those sleds (e tec,860,880) running the stock track thats my 2 cents but i am deffinetly in for the xp shoot out

S

sonic

Oct 26, 2008
Medicine Hat

to me that sounds like a good idea.lets get it done.so fred if the 880 is that good.there should be no problem.lets run that sled with some 860 that are tuned and running,not these sleds that arent.

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB

Lets do it i seriously want to see this 880 perform. Lets be real 20cc's is not going to yeild much more than 5hp and all i hear is how these 880's will destroy 860's all day. sorta lame really, why dont you just advertise for split second. its all a person hears about on this, i am with kelsey heh and i dont even run his 860.

A
Dec 27, 2007
Well we seem to have lots of attention here! All I can doo for Kelsey here is I have his domes and head, but still a 860. So anybody got any idea of dates that they can make that will work maybe we can get a roll call going here. People will need a bit of a notice especially if they were from Medicine Hat ! (hint hint hint)
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

D
Oct 13, 2008
All I wil say to everyone challenging Fred is that if the snow is deep he has a 3" track. I do not know him, but I do know how well those tracks work. Hope this happens. Would like to see the results. I think he also posted that his 880 is not the typical 880. I think he said his has bored carbs, y-pipe and maybe a couple other things.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I am in, Spring break would be great March 25-27, Crows Nest Pass have any good snow? Fernie, Corbin?

Last edited:
Premium Features