• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

forum all f***** up

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
It truley is about the money plain and simple.In another thread on this site a sled dealer stated that shop rate are up to as much asc 100 an hour now because of no sled sales and they have to get it some where. same as here these magazines are nothing but a bunch of advertising and not worth reading at all. i paid here but am slowly moving away. some qwill stay some will not.In my opinion the break up of the old snowest is tragic to say the least.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Hey I have a question also. Why is it OK for you to use profanity on a site that kids and families visit? Does that seem OK to you? I know you have a question for Christopher and that is fine. But why do you need to swear to ask your question?

yeah sure.............

Most wives want nothing to do with this site. All it represents is another bad habit that consumes time and money. Oh, and I know paid subscriptions are up in the 5-10 year old category, but I doubt there is any innocence being lost.

So wheres the category for kids? Families? I think you are thinking of Christopher’s other forum?

Like usual, MOST, moderators on here are so disconnected from those they moderate they use wild tangents to support their own holier-then-thou ideas. If you think sledders don’t use fowl language, you have never been sledding.

129041951049156755.jpg

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
OK I'll bite.....

yeah sure.............

Most wives want nothing to do with this site. All it represents is another bad habit that consumes time and money. Oh, and I know paid subscriptions are up in the 5-10 year old category, but I doubt there is any innocence being lost.

You may or may not know this but you only sign up and pay for one membership per house. So if dad signed up, any other family would also be paid members.

So wheres the category for kids? Families? I think you are thinking of Christopher’s other forum?

I did not realize that snowmobileing was a man's only sport? But to answer your question I would consider the entire forum a place for kids to be. Or would you like to keep them out of your area's?

Like usual, MOST, moderators on here are so disconnected from those they moderate they use wild tangents to support their own holier-then-thou ideas. If you think sledders don’t use fowl language, you have never been sledding.

I think I have a pretty good idea of the language that sledders use, however since the site has rules we have been asked to enforce them. It's really that simple. No hidden agenda or "holier While you may think of this as a disconnect from your world. There are others who wont see it that way.

But I know what I say will not matter to you anyway, but some may be interested.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
Magazine sales are lagging because the magazine sucks, plain & simple, it's just a whore for advertizing & fluff. I get the mag (no idea why, I don't pay for it) and it's about as useful as supertrax (another one that shows up for free)and they're both best used as firestarter to get something useful out of them.

They can't come up with quality original content, so they decided to start charging for the real quality content (ours) so here we are.

The "magazine" that was the CO section lost it's full time staff, and it's guest writers, so nobody's gonna pay for that content. The only forum that I visit on here that's lively anymore is the cat forum, which fortunately has done relatively well. There are still decent people around in there, so it keeps people looking. I don't know whether to wish snowest well, or good riddance. There's a lot of people here that have very useful info, if snowest hired a few of them on to the mag, maybe they could make some money selling that rag again too.

I agree, the magazine is garbage. They say its an added benefit of being a paid member- Snowest Magazine is useless and filled with errors, who the hell edits that thing anyway. I get the magazine too for whatever reason and use it to start the fire at my cabin lol.

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
Magazine sales are lagging because the magazine sucks, plain & simple, it's just a whore for advertizing & fluff. I get the mag (no idea why, I don't pay for it) and it's about as useful as supertrax (another one that shows up for free)and they're both best used as firestarter to get something useful out of them.

They can't come up with quality original content, so they decided to start charging for the real quality content (ours) so here we are.
Right. The whole print industry is struggling because SnoWest sucks and can't generate creative content. Makes sense. Or, the internet is changing the way people get information and magazine and newspaper subscriptions across the board are down.

In reference to advertising, your subscription doesn't pay for the magazine - advertising does. A subscription covers very little of the actual cost of producing the magazine. Have you looked at other magazines lately? They also have ads...

And the second part there, that would only make sense if what was in the magazine was a regurgitation of information from the forums. The magazine and the forums are two distinct entities. The argument above was that using the forums as a loss leader doesn't work.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
yeah sure.............

Ah...hm.

Snowmobiling is not a men's only sport.

I am a woman and I am addicted to riding. I have a woman friend who rides with us because her BF does not ride. I've "met" a number of women riders on forums like this one. Are we a minority? Yes. But we're here, and some of us are more addicted to perusing the forums than our guys are. I know I am.

There are also a few youth on here that I've noticed. One 16 year old posts regularly here.

I'm not saying I'm offended by foul language. I'm not. But I'm more impressed with people who lay out their argument in a logical and mature manner. I would think the mods pay more attention to that than they do the cuss-filled rants.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Right. The whole print industry is struggling because SnoWest sucks and can't generate creative content. Makes sense. Or, the internet is changing the way people get information and magazine and newspaper subscriptions across the board are down.

In reference to advertising, your subscription doesn't pay for the magazine - advertising does. A subscription covers very little of the actual cost of producing the magazine. Have you looked at other magazines lately? They also have ads...

And the second part there, that would only make sense if what was in the magazine was a regurgitation of information from the forums. The magazine and the forums are two distinct entities. The argument above was that using the forums as a loss leader doesn't work.

Funny, that post got deleted, guess admin is too thin skinned to listen to opinions about their mag.

It's not the ads that bother me spanky, it's the PITIFUL lack of useful content & obviously biased articles. Ads are a fact of print life, and really are the only useful thing in the magazine!!

Mod-stock seems to be a decent mag though, I'm not saying they're ALL junk. Only seen sledheads once or twice, so I can't comment there.

Btw, when they're owned by the same company, saying that they're two totally distinct entities is a pretty ridiculous statement. Choices made in one area of the business have a direct effect on other areas. Where do you think those people with their names in orange below work? (aside from Christopher that is)

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Well I've got an awful pile of vices and personality quirks, but I normally don't swear much, especially if I'm typing. But to be presented with the new expectation that there will be NO vulgarity or swearing or harsh words on a sledder 4m is so absolutely disconnected from any possibility of reality that its no bloody wonder the members who are actually sledders, and the most valuable for info and resources, are rushing out the door. Holy crap, what friggen planet do some of you thin skinned, holier than thou, do it my way or else, you can't talk to me like that cause I'm special, people live on. Obviously the powers that be now, and the suck up helpers have never spent much time sledding or even with sledders, cause if your expectation is to have a 4m full of sledders and eliminate all swearing, vulgarity (in your opinion), pictures of scantilly clad men and women and personality conflicts, good luck to the 100 of you, have fun in your world of purity and holiness.
But I for one may watch from the sidelines for a while.........but I ain't gonna step up and buy many shares in your future.
Sledders are real people, kind of a quirky bunch, and I like em, ....all of them, even the ones whose habits I don't much like. Take the good with the bad ...or get the he)) out of the business. JMO.

You folks have a good day now !

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Ah...hm.

Snowmobiling is not a men's only sport.

I am a woman and I am addicted to riding. I have a woman friend who rides with us because her BF does not ride. I've "met" a number of women riders on forums like this one. Are we a minority? Yes. But we're here, and some of us are more addicted to perusing the forums than our guys are. I know I am.

There are also a few youth on here that I've noticed. One 16 year old posts regularly here.

I'm not saying I'm offended by foul language. I'm not. But I'm more impressed with people who lay out their argument in a logical and mature manner. I would think the mods pay more attention to that than they do the cuss-filled rants.

Hence the term "Most"

There are women in this sport, my wife being one of them.

Logical is my point, Mod makes this site out to be for sponge bob and square paints. Rather then just coming out and saying. "Hey I dont like foul language." or "Its the rules" we dance around it. theres a reason the site automatically ******* all foul language. It just another way to divert attention of the topic and muddy the water

Thats all I am saying

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Hope this thread does not go much longer as I won't be able to read it - being a simple " basic member " and all - another crock.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What? So you say this in bold........

Hence the term "Most"

Logical is my point, Mod makes this site out to be for sponge bob and square paints. Rather then just coming out and saying. "Hey I dont like foul language." or "Its the rules" we dance around it. theres a reason the site automatically ******* all foul language. It just another way to divert attention of the topic and muddy the water

Thats all I am saying

Yet 6 posts before you say that I said this.

I think I have a pretty good idea of the language that sledders use, however since the site has rules we have been asked to enforce them. It's really that simple. No hidden agenda or "holier While you may think of this as a disconnect from your world. There are others who wont see it that way.

I don't mean to be rude, but this shows that you don't really read what I type because I said the exact thing you wanted to hear before you asked for it.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
Hence the term "Most"

Thats all I am saying

That's fine. My post wasn't about the cursing or whatever, just that there seemed to be assumption that this was a all boys club. I just wanted to toss out that there are some ladies and kids around. Personally I don't care if someone tosses out a cuss word here and there. I've worked in a male dominated industry since I was 16 and enjoy male dominated sports...I'm pretty used to it!

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
OK I'll bite.....

Originally Posted by Rprecision
yeah sure.............

You may or may not know this but you only sign up and pay for one membership per house. So if dad signed up, any other family would also be paid members.

I did not realize that snowmobileing was a man's only sport? But to answer your question I would consider the entire forum a place for kids to be. Or would you like to keep them out of your area's?

But I know what I say will not matter to you anyway, but some may be interested.

Its not about what matters to me, thats not the point, your guit trip aint going to change that.

Lets start at basic understanding, The word "most" is defined as:

most (mst)
adj. Superlative of many, much.
a. Greatest in number: won the most votes.
b. Greatest in amount, extent, or degree: has the most compassion.
2. In the greatest number of instances: Most fish have fins.
n.
1. The greatest amount or degree: She has the most to gain.
2. Slang The greatest, best, or most exciting. Used with the: That party was the most!
pron.
(used with a sing. or pl. verb) The greatest part or number: Most of the town was destroyed. Most of the books were missing.
adv. Superlative of much.
1. In or to the highest degree or extent. Used with many adjectives and adverbs to form the superlative degree: most honest; most impatiently.
2. Very: a most impressive piece of writing.
3. Informal Almost: Most everyone agrees.
Idiom:
at (the) most
At the maximum: We saw him for ten minutes at the most. She ran two miles at most.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English, from Old English mst, mst; see m-3 in Indo-European roots. Adv., sense 3, short for almost.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t understand how you make this leap to suggesting that I am prejudice against women. My wife is active in sledding; if I still had a signature you may have realized that.

You presented your objection with foul language on the basis that families (nuclear?) and children commonly visit this site. My question was rather simple. Where are the categories for families and children? And no, I don’t want to keep them out of any area, really ? Do you really think that “most” women and children hop on snowest to read the technical forums, fouled plug, truck and trailer? That’s my point, if this is a family site where is there section ?

If you’re a Mod and don’t like foul language, I’m cool with that, to me its not a big deal. You routinely hide behind other reasons for being a Mod. You said it yourself “It’s the rules.” Not because Snowest is a “Family Establishment” and we need to save the virgin ears of children. Who do you think your kidding?

That is why there is a disconection

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If you’re a Mod and don’t like foul language, I’m cool with that, to me its not a big deal. You routinely hide behind other reasons for being a Mod. You said it yourself “It’s the rules.” Not because Snowest is a “Family Establishment” and we need to save the virgin ears of children. Who do you think your kidding?

That is why there is a disconection[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Enlighten me....

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Because Rprecision said "You routinely hide behind other reasons for being a Mod." since he is talking about me I thought I should know the other reasons I routinely hide behind. Hey, maybe knowing this I can be a better mod down the road.

The best mods are the ones that are seldom sticking their noses into everything. I'd bet most are wishing the the days where BigD was in charge. The over moderation of this site was the beginning of the end.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
why the *$&%^ are we even having a $%&*$ing conversatio about foul language when it's asterisked out in the first place?

Does this not seem moronic to ANYONE else??

Btw, if you're old enough to be on a computer & surfing the intrawebz, you've heard all sorts of *!**ing swear words. Thank goodness the holier than thou types are protecting us from ourselves.

Also, any woman who sleds is a badass in the first place & has heard it before, probably the first time they got stuck & told their **^*ing husband to get the **** over here & help out!!!!! :face-icon-small-hap:

SO @#*@# you then!!!!:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited:
Premium Features