• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dirt bikes!!!

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
Who has bikes and wants to do do some riding this summer? I sold a couple of my old bikes and was able to upgrade to a 2004 WR 450. Not much of a track guy, I love riding up into the Mtns and out in the desert.
ne2u5y2a.jpg

I think I am gonna get some supermoto wheels and tires and ride it to work at Snowbasin.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Who has bikes and wants to do do some riding this summer? I sold a couple of my old bikes and was able to upgrade to a 2004 WR 450. Not much of a track guy, I love riding up into the Mtns and out in the desert.
ne2u5y2a.jpg

I think I am gonna get some supermoto wheels and tires and ride it to work at Snowbasin.

up in Morgan been riding all week. 09 YZ450. any time

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Can't ride Cherry Creek next weekend unless we stay on the extreme North end, within 2 weeks of the Firebirds race. In fact, Cherry Creek is pretty much off limits for me until after the SugarLoafers race on May 17th. But I am game for anywhere else!!

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Can't ride Cherry Creek next weekend unless we stay on the extreme North end, within 2 weeks of the Firebirds race. In fact, Cherry Creek is pretty much off limits for me until after the SugarLoafers race on May 17th. But I am game for anywhere else!!

Did you race the knolls sat? We were out there riding. We got to see most the riders come by us through some sand woops and then a left hand turn into a hellatious cloud of dust. I was on a white yz 450,my son on a KTM 65 with the #4 and my wife and daughter in a rzr 4. Did you see us? It had to be first lap cuz everyone was still pretty close together. And before you go saying you were watching the woops I know for a fact my son has been blitzing woops while watching another part of the track to see if someone is doing a particular jump or some other dumb ars thing instead of watching what's in front of him:) I would think we were somewhere in the north west corner of the course. The woops were right after a little sand hill. How many laps did that race go? I heard the course was like 30 miles long! My son now thinks he wants to do it but I heard the peewee course was 11 miles long and I don't think I could stand to let him go out that long with out me riding with him! At least on the motox track I can see him wherever he is!!

That race looked pretty brutal! It seemed like it would be ok when headed east and west but when headed north and south I don't think anyone but the leader could see what was 5' in front of him. We went back out today and it was awesome. Hardly anyone around and wet wet sand:)

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Yes, I raced it and it was brutal!! Never had trouble seeing, but the whoops and sand took its toll. I did see a couple of groups watching, so I am sure I saw you guys. The course was 27 miles, I did all 3 laps. You should come race and get your son into it, I only started doing it last year and have had a blast!!

Hey, is your son trying to be like me?? My number is 4s!! :)

Last edited:
B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
He's been sporten #4 since he started racing sleds 5 years ago. He gets kinda pissed when he sees a slow #4 so you better represent!! He said he wants to try one is there a website? I looked at the Desert foxes page and the only race listed was the knolls one. I don't understand the classes either. Motocross is all age/cc based. I could only see big bike, peewee, and minis? Do they have a 65 class?

I'm sure he'd love to race one if there are more this year. Not sure I could hang for 75 miles! My 9 year old on the other hand would do 75 miles, come in eat a piece of pizza, drink a Gatorade and then ask if he could go ride some more!!!

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
The mini class is obviously a class of smaller CC sizes, age does not matter, start him off in the 65A class, dont get too freaked out when you see the 85 Expert Class start, these 4-5 kids are very fast but they all have enough talent to not hit he slow kids, yes all minis are on their respective loop at the same time, except they get released in waves so the fast kids get out in front first

check out this Knolls finish by classes, scroll down to the bottom to see the 65A class chttp://usraracing.weebly.com/uploads/7/8/8/3/7883188/2014knollscls.pdf

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Lmao poor kid in the 65b class needs someone to race:). I know a couple of the kids in the 85Expert and the winner of the woman amateur class. They also race motox. Are they strict about the number plate background colors with the kids? Ktm 65 plastics are a PAIN to change!!

CC nice finish!! Lucky for you I can't race that class till the end of the month;)

Thanks for the links guys. Im sure we will be giving it a try! If the weather isn't too bad tomorrow we are headed back to the knolls. My son really likes riding out there. 99% of his bike riding has been on a track and I think he likes the change. Although he just makes a course out there and runs it a 100 times:)

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I'm not sure how detailed each club polices the mini bikes, i would ask a club rep involved in the race you attend

Option: you can buy a $5 temp 3-sticker number kit at each race that you just slap over your number plate.

If your kid only gets to race once, The Sage Riders National (May 3rd) will be the race to attend as it has NH&H national coverage.

Most racers say the Wendover Enduro from last year was defiantly the best race

I understand your pain, except my 5 yr old does not like loops, he thinks hes a big kid and just wants to ride all the crap i ride. Its so painful riding for 1-2 hrs at 15 MPH

Last edited:
Premium Features