• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

does any body know

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
got a set of iceage antistab and avid drivers on the anti stab how far back from the leading edge of the wheels should the rails be cut back I cut a nice smooth rounded edge but their only recessed a quarter of an inch or so and for the drivers how loose can you run the track or should I just stick to spec? on a side note I have 2.86 pitch 7 tooth drivers and want to figure out my final gear ratio have 20 40 gears so that's 2.0 but don't know how to figure in the drivers any advice is appreciated thanks!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I thought my last anti stab package came with instructions? Either way, take out your center shock so you can move the front arm of the rear suspension through it's full range of travel to see first if it hits the drivers and if it does measure back to where it dosnt.
I did a drop and roll and kept eight tooth drivers which put the anti stab clear back in the big hole the hifax screw goes into. So you probably won't be that far back

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Remove the front limiter strap shaft and place the bolt through the shaft on the Pro rmk and AXYS models. Then cut and radius the front of the rail around it. Also make sure to smooth the front of the hyfax off using a grinder to ensure the track clips do not grab the hyfax.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
so I placed the anti stab kit in traced wheels recessed the mark a quarter of an inch cut and smoothed from what I'm seeing its not enough?? going to try to attach picts. thanks all!!
and no their was no instructions just a iceage sticker :D

IMG_2258.JPG IMG_2259.JPG IMG_2260.JPG IMG_2261.JPG

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
This is how I cut mine. Works great. You might want to round yours a bit more
0c00ff322d43f6829e8914fb75ac9ba4.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Should be totally fine like that but a tiny bit more radius on the front of the hyfax wouldn't hurt. I have seen someone jam the track into the hyfax and break the mounting scew off sending the hyfax around up into the tunnel... VERY dumb problem that can be avoided with a hair more work on the grinder

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I just got avid drivers, is it the same ? with stock hade to check/tighten every other ride or I would get the lovely ratchet and it hade to b tighter than I would like just wondering if I can leave it a little looser?

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
AK what did you settle on for clutch work and a final drive ratio? just got silber's kit and they sent me their weights with the hole drilled thro them and weighted alan keys 165-327 spring and a 160-260 secondary spring. I have no doubt it will get me out their but when you are covering 0-12000ft and 3-12 pounds of boost with just weights that's got to leave a lot on the table for the guy at low or hi elevation or hi or low boost {guessing they shot some where in the middle} I am looking at 3 pounds at 0-3 and 5 at 3-6 live in Fairbanks and ride other sleds around hear but will most likely test and tune here and finalize in Cantwell/Summit thanks for the help/input!

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I just got avid drivers, is it the same ? with stock hade to check/tighten every other ride or I would get the lovely ratchet and it hade to b tighter than I would like just wondering if I can leave it a little looser?
If you have a 162, the track should hang .5" under its own weight. That will put the tops of the rubber drive lugs even with the hyfax. You can run it looser that that, but your rolling resistance won't be any less.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
AK what did you settle on for clutch work and a final drive ratio? just got silber's kit and they sent me their weights with the hole drilled thro them and weighted alan keys 165-327 spring and a 160-260 secondary spring. I have no doubt it will get me out their but when you are covering 0-12000ft and 3-12 pounds of boost with just weights that's got to leave a lot on the table for the guy at low or hi elevation or hi or low boost {guessing they shot some where in the middle} I am looking at 3 pounds at 0-3 and 5 at 3-6 live in Fairbanks and ride other sleds around hear but will most likely test and tune here and finalize in Cantwell/Summit thanks for the help/input!

You live in AK and did not go though me for a Silber kit? Shame! :face-icon-small-ton

That setup will not work here, will need different weights and helix. We have done testing all season on Indy Specialties and now will be including the setup in my kits.

You can go other routes but again those weight he sent do not have enough weight even at 3# at low normal AK elevation.

I am running close to a 2.3 final ratio.

Last edited:
S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
yea called your shop....no answer called silber asked if I should just go through u....they said we can take your order asked if I could drive down and get the remap from u they said just send it in to the address on the silber sight. well any way I've got 77 grams in now and can throw 81 grams in max still not enough huuu? what are you wanting for the Indy Specialties set up and what does it entail? or is that something I need to call them over. any way thanks fore the help!!!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
yea called your shop....no answer called silber asked if I should just go through u....they said we can take your order asked if I could drive down and get the remap from u they said just send it in to the address on the silber sight. well any way I've got 77 grams in now and can throw 81 grams in max still not enough huuu? what are you wanting for the Indy Specialties set up and what does it entail? or is that something I need to call them over. any way thanks fore the help!!!

Weird, guessing you left no message.

The kit is $475: Helix, Weights, both springs.

You current setup will not work. You can get with Silber and see what they can do for you.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
no I did not leave a message the wife said im tired of hearing about it just order it.....I capitalized!!! any way do u have the kits in hand/are the weights adjustable? (I would rather not start a pissing match between silber and you they said the kit would work you said it wont I cant even check it out till next winter. do they know the kits wont work I told them where I live and the elevation? like I said just sounds like a pissing match! as you know every ride is priceless and im not wanting to play around with it half the season to get a tune that workes. past experience on clutches have taught me most kits from down south don't work so great up hear and that tuning a setup involves 3 or 4 helix 8 or 10 springs and 2 or 3 sets of clutch weights by the time I am happy with it! to skip all the BS and just pick up a kit that is tested and proven hear for 475 is going to save me a lot of headache and money thanks again for the help.

Premium Features