• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

***Poo primary on a Doo questions***

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
ok. here is the deal. i picked up a polaris primary and i am going to have the taper machined to fit my pto end on my doo REV. i was just wondering if i can use my doo belts and has anyone had probs with the clutch hitting your side pannel.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
yes yopu can use your stock belt, no it wont hit the side panel. It is very imporant that you dont just go to any machine shop to have the taper cut. i suggest Dave Jaffe in Bozeman Montana, he did mine and he has done a bunch before.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would have it done my Micro-Belmont, some machinists MAY be able to do a good job, but having someone who KNOWS what it takes to do it correctly may save you alot of $$ and problems in the long run.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
thanks for the help guys. they guy who is doing the machining has been a machinist for almost 30 years and had a high perf. head/ motor shop for 20yrs so he knows his **** otherwise i would be a little sceptical about doing this. i will have it balanced after i get it machined. thanks for the info!

Premium Features