• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fastrax project Pro RMK

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
finally got Project Pro on the scales and I have to admit...I'm satisfied by the results!

439 lbs dry with the only fluid in it being the brake fluid. Thats with all stock body panels , 4130 front bumper and stock gutted hood. we are lacking the carbon fiber intake plenum which will add a pound or two but then again...should be fitting up our first Pro carbon fiber hood tomorrow which will knock off several more pounds over the stock gutted hood.

at this point, I'm confident enough to say that we can definitely build 163 pro chassis turbos that are hell for strong and under 440# ...easy!

Add some lighter a-arms, lighter hood and side panels and knock off a bunch more weight....

Curt

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
you guys crack me up!

We are going to pop into the Boise mod show with it so if anyone wants a better look...

Rune....when is a monster motor gonna get dropped in that new Pro ? you know ya wanna do it man!

Been meaning to ask; how does the IQr plastic match up to the pro...? You mentioned a single cylinder for the poo case a while back, kinda hot version...

Now, triple WC case + your cyl.....? + PRO...

Rune

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Well, the Project Pro saga is coming to a close...she has been purchased and will be sitting in the new owners garage shortly after the Boise sno show...we only get one short tuning ride.....sniff....:face-icon-small-sad

Oh well...on to the next one! I'm thinking 174 /Timbersled on the production Pro RMK we have now...iron out any runability and suspension issues of the stocker first of course so we can help our customers out! Then...porting/pipe/head combos...I'll have to use one of our billet motor plates of course...and geez, if I'm that far, might as well throw in the extended case/D&R kit so the approach will be better and oh yeah, those boards will never hold up to my footprint so we'll have to do the Carbon Fiber running boards on it for some strength so I might as well do a hood at the same time, right?

man, I'm having flashbacks...:doh:

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Wow, this season has flown by so far! I just realised that I never really showed you guys the finishing touches on this project so here you are.....

The turbo intake began by removing all of the stock intake plenum and hand building an aluminum floor to close off the area. then we used a short piece of tubing for the connection point for the turbo inlet hose-here it is mocked into place in the hood...

projectproandidahosnowshow002.jpg

Once fit and fine tuned, a little good old black paint to make it blend right in...

projectproandidahosnowshow003.jpg

Then we went to town on the headlight! We gutted the light housing, cut the entire backside off and kept trimming until all we had left was the outer lense and a couple mounting points. Then we cut the outer lense into a skeleton frame to be covered with intake screen. here's a shot of it all trimmed up and mocked into place...

projectproandidahosnowshow005.jpg

Here it is all covered with intake screen and installed in the sled...

projectproandidahosnowshow012.jpg

Then, some light flexible aluminum tubing to connect the plenum to the turbo inlet...

projectproandidahosnowshow001.jpg

The last hurdle was getting the coolant overflow tank in the system-we found that the best route was to fab up this narrow little aluminum tank and install it on the pto side of the frame for the cleanest hose routing...

projectproandidahosnowshow006.jpg

Next, fabbed up a simple guage bracket and mounted the guages...

projectproandidahosnowshow008.jpg

Then we fired her up , bled the systems and loaded up to head for the Boise snow show where we met up with our friends from Timbersled Products and piled in the booth with them for the show.

projectproandidahosnowshow045.jpg

and here's a shot of Project Pro sitting in the Mod show...

projectproandidahosnowshow024.jpg

She won Editors choice at the Mod show which was pretty cool and we finally got to meet a bunch of our customers from Idaho and put faces to names which is always a good time!

The following Monday, we met with Ken, Project Pros new owner, and spent a day on the snow with him and then he hauled it home to Oregon where he's been piling on the miles ever since.

End of story....sniff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features