• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FAST M10's suspensions holding up ?

B

boosted metal

Apr 4, 2008
kelowna,b.c
I am just about to install the latest fast M10 w airbags into my tapex. I had a few older ones with the fox coil over shocks in the past. I had issues with the rails cracking / breaking at the front rail bumper,rear upper cross shaft bending:tape2:. I was just wondering how the latest ones are holding up[ special the air bags] :face-icon-small-con, cheers

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Did your old M10 setup have CR Racing rails? I am looking at a used setup and it has CR rails. Any problems other than the rails?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
The problems of the old skids are long gone. The live axle slides are a waaaay better design and the center of the rails are raised to prevent caming over. They extended the c to c on the 159-162 skid and the 174 was built with a 32" c to c. I ran the new live axle skid with Airwave shocks for the last 1.5 seasons with zero issues. The rear air shock doesn't stack up like the old fox/ohlins shocks that the old M10's/CR10's came with. This is what caused the rear cross tubes/shafts to bend. They have a slick new adjustable limiter set up this year, looks like it will work great.

GetAttachment-10.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

Last edited:
B

boosted metal

Apr 4, 2008
kelowna,b.c
The rail problem was w fast rails. The last m10 had cr rails w no issues , You can look at the fast [ older ] m10 rails and see where the problem lies. I broke one set at the front rail bumpers. Almost bought used set of 162 fasts . Removed the bumpers and sure enough the crack was starting. It always starts at the bolt holes for the front bumpers [ 1/8'']. I then called our local m10 dealer and he had a set of take off 162's. He took a look before sending and they had cracks at the same place. They must not cut they rail out curved.. Im guessing they cnc cut the rails, drill them and then curve them?

Sammy

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
Stony plain, Alberta
The problems of the old skids are long gone. The live axle slides are a waaaay better design and the center of the rails are raised to prevent caming over. They extended the c to c on the 159-162 skid and the 174 was built with a 32" c to c. I ran the new live axle skid with Airwave shocks for the last 1.5 seasons with zero issues. The rear air shock doesn't stack up like the old fox/ohlins shocks that the old M10's/CR10's came with. This is what caused the rear cross tubes/shafts to bend. They have a slick new adjustable limiter set up this year, looks like it will work great.

Just installed my new 162 skid that i bought from Trevor, i know of all the changes over the earlier skids including the new air bag for the front shock (yet to be released) however i am not familiar with the new limiter. Have you got any pic's of this set up. May have to phone Trevor to get the skinny on this.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I'm getting a new M10 live axle installed on my Nytro as we speak. Both the shocks had to go in to get an update to the bags or something cause they weren't holding air. I had the old style M10 (Coil Over) on my Apex and it worked flawlessly. I wasn't too crazy about the air shocks for the reason that I'm scared they will leak air........guess I was right but the dealer has assured me that the update will fix the problem. I sure hope so after all the $$$ I've dumped into it:face-icon-small-sho

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
My front shock would leak down over a couple days. The only time I ever added pressure to the rear shock was when I wanted to increase or decrease pressure, it's never leaked. I could care less if I had an air shock in the front.

Premium Features