• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP Style Ice Scratchers on a Polaris RMK with Pictures

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Hey, so I've seen a lot of people on forums looking at getting better scratchers for their RMKs to replace their stock Poo ones. the BRP style ice scratcher, also made by RSI, is the best IMO. With the dual coils it has less of a chance to break vs the lightweight titanium ones on the market.

1: Removed stock scratchers
2: Using a grinder, file one side of the lower nut. (Right nut in the pictures below. This allows the lower positioned nut to clear the rail profile that sticks out on the back side.
IMG_4559.JPGIMG_4560.JPG
3: Install BRP/RSI style scratchers in stock holes on the rail. No drilling for these two bolts. Circled in red. Tighten.
IMG_4561a.jpgIMG_4558.JPG
5: Mounting the scratcher holder can be done in a couple positions using the stock hardware, or you could purchase DURAFLEX™ ICE SCRATCHER HOOK, CLAMP. This allows you to mount a holder without drilling. Or you can drill a hole in a similar location but there won't be much of the scratcher holding on.
930967146.jpgACSS-ICE-NA-N114-0000_2_1024x1024@2x.png

I ran the BackwoodsBMP rail brace, so I just drilled a hole to mount the holders closer to the scratcher so it wouldn't pop out as easy. This style flicks more snow/ice up sooner than the stock Poo ones so it helped with cooling.
Cheers

IMG_4557.JPG

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
Thanks for this. I'm replacing the stock scratchers on my '22 Matryx, intersted to know why you chose the BRP style over duraflex?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
If you use BRP's scratchers remember that the Polaris track is 1" narrower on each side than the BRP tracks. This means that the coil bit protrudes past the track edge 1" more on a Polaris than a Doo.

I've had them on several Doos and Lynxes with the wider track with no problems but I had the Doo scratchers on my last RMK and I did loose one of them before I had even used it, I assume that it got hit by a tree stump or something similar and got "peeled off". After that I kept them in the garage until the season made them necessary.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If you use BRP's scratchers remember that the Polaris track is ½" narrower on each side than the BRP tracks. This means that the coil bit protrudes past the track edge ½" more on a Polaris than a Doo.

I've had them on several Doos and Lynxes with the wider track with no problems but I had the Doo scratchers on my last RMK and I did loose one of them before I had even used it, I assume that it got hit by a tree stump or something similar and got "peeled off". After that I kept them in the garage until the season made them necessary.
Let me fix that for you

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
If you use BRP's scratchers remember that the Polaris track is 1" narrower on each side than the BRP tracks. This means that the coil bit protrudes past the track edge 1" more on a Polaris than a Doo.

I keep them down and forget about them. Never had an issue. IMG_5415.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

The brp scratcher base plate cracks and falls apart.

Leave them in your garage.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Don't need the holder - end of the scratcher tucks nicely into the rail cutouts

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Have installed the BRP scratchers on three PROs and they work well. Tried to order a set of the new Poo scratchers and was told they won't be available until April.
Saturday, while crossing a rodeway with icy berms the Khaos rolled backwards and bent the stock scratchers so will convert it also :ROFLMAO:

Premium Features