• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo & powderclaw

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Had one on my Trx-1. It was great in the powder, but not so great in other conditions. It spins a lot. I also had a few paddles come off in a short time. My thoughts on it were that it was good for a stock sled so that it would float in the powder better, but the extreme 16" wide was better for a turbo. It would be my second choice after a 16" wide extreme.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Dangerous?

More dangerous than the attack 20. If not then i am not to worried. I don't do to big of hills anyways. I got the pc really cheap so I figured I would try it. I am not running huge boost and I prefer powder boondocking anyways.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I think for smaller hills and lower boost that it would work great. It won't trench as much as an extreme, it will spin you to the top of the powder. Down hills are fast like an attack 20 on backwards.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I think for smaller hills and lower boost that it would work great. It won't trench as much as an extreme, it will spin you to the top of the powder. Down hills are fast like an attack 20 on backwards.[/QUOT

I thought the extreme felt like a trencher in the powder. and I have a attack 20 in reverse and can handle the downhills.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I have a pc on my nytro and I love it. (non boosted for now, super charger is on the way, I can give feed back on the track after install) it takes the sled to a whole new level. climbs better boondocks better I really like it.

J
Nov 27, 2007
pc

I ran one last year on my tapex it worked great in the pow early season but unfortunately hit a fence post and ruined it before the snow set up. but given the oportunity I would run a extreme instead..

C
Nov 26, 2007
running my own turbo set up 12-14lbs. put a 162 claw on and love it. i am more of a tree rider though so i wanted something to get me up and going and it does this VERY well..we have really dry snow here too..as far as coming down hills didnt notice much difference vs. the stock one, which is junk, especially for a boosted sled. never run a CE so i cant comment on them.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
I run a PC on my TM1200. It works great. Not even remotely close to the same as an Attack 20. Downhills are not nearly as "scary" as many would have you believe. No, it is not as efficient as the Extreme on downhills, but it is still very manageable.

Sam

Premium Features