• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help 09 Turbo Nytro

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
After listening to peoples opinion I bought a 09 turbo nytro Zbros front ezride rear impluse turbo. This sled is a handful to maneuver the front keeps dipping down you have to stay in the power to keep its head up is this normal has the simmons gen 2 skis the fat ones even when you stop you can tell it takes a lot just to pull the front up let say out of the water turning and boon-docking this sled could be a nightmare.

The person who sold me the sled said I have to get use to the four stroke power I swear this sled feels 625 675 if a king cat is 500.

A lot of people say weight means nothing but when you going down hill to turn around to go up and your front stays under water in powder I see no chance of it coming out please post some opinions on this .

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Weight

Your sled feels like 625 because it is at least that. Check factory weight and add all fluids plus some extra for the turbo and larger fuel capacity and more yet if it has been stretched. Gravity will make coming down hill tougher on a 650lb sled vs a 500lb sled and the Nyto is no exception.

R
Feb 21, 2010
Im no pro, but if you have control rod on this i would set it to max transfer to track and lossen the limiter a little.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Definitly takes some getting used to especially if coming from a 2-stroke. They are heavier forsure but once you start letting the sled do the work for you it becomes very agile. Watch some of the boost videos, the sleds they are riding are no different than yours they just know how to use the throttle to maneover the sled. Hang in there you wont regret it.:face-icon-small-hap

M
Jan 14, 2004
There are ways to get some weight out of the Nytro but in the end as was mentioned the throttle is your best friend with one of these.

M5

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
How is the suspension setup?? It sounds like you need to play with it. Loosen the back up try to get some transfer, tighten the front make sure there not to soft and your front is just rolling.

Like said above a little time on the sled and you will start to get the hang of it and let the sled do the work for you.

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Coming off a Doo xp but I will do the back suspension first loosen it up first were heading to Mccall this weekend. I rode an 10 Nytro stock and was fairly impressed with it and thought time to buy a four stroke I called it a misbehaveing Doo I will post on here any problems I might have to get them worked out.

Thanks to everybody

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Well I tighten up the front and loosened up the back first real ride on this sled all I can say is WOW WHAT A RUSH it took some getting use to but just point and shoot it steers ok the back is great was wondering if I was going to be able to turn out on a hill she does fine.

If anybody has an Impluse I do have a question at 5600 Rs she runs real fat she'll come back down to 4600 is this common?

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
if you have the stand alone fuel controler its running a bit fat on the bottom. paul is supposed to be working on a map to fix it.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
You need more time on it for sure and you may never like it, time will tell. I cant ride a nytro to save my life. So i feel the same as you when riding one. Although my buddies who own turbo nytros will lose most two stroke guys in the trees and ride them like a light weight two stroke sled.Im not a fan of the older EZride but play with your set up and see if it helps ya the like the others have said or maybe swap some one for a timber sled. The timber sled may suit your ridding style more?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
You need more time on it for sure and you may never like it, time will tell. I cant ride a nytro to save my life. So i feel the same as you when riding one. Although my buddies who own turbo nytros will lose most two stroke guys in the trees and ride them like a light weight two stroke sled.Im not a fan of the older EZride but play with your set up and see if it helps ya the like the others have said or maybe swap some one for a timber sled. The timber sled may suit your ridding style more?

The older EZRide's I thought had a longer front shock which made em feel lighter on the front end?

Premium Features