• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Structure Repair / Tube Replacement

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'm prepared to offer a Front Structure Tube replacement service. For those with the cheap Faux Carbon Fibre Front Structure tubes that are Fragile and break without any warning. I have built fixtures to replace the damaged cheap Faux Carbon Fibre Down tubes with a thin walled Titanium tube.

Here is a photo of what is done;
picture.php

Stock Carbon cross tube with Titanium down tubes, Lightened Lugs; 1141 Grams

Compared to the stock weight;
picture.php

Stock (as removed) Faux Carbon Fiber Front Structure; 1115 Grams

For a 26 Gram weight penalty if using stock steel fasteners, and yet never have to worry about a broken down tube again

Upgrade to my Titanium fasteners and that number quickly goes to a net weight saving over stock.

I'm also willing to buy front structures with broken tubes, for stock, to cut down on the turnaround time. I could start an exchange program. I'm willing to fixture for the AXYS front structure as well. I just have not got my hands on one yet to build the fixtures.

TI tube replacement is $200 plus shipping. Thank You for looking!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I now have a couple AXYS Front Structures

And I will be making the fixtures to refurbish them as well. I'm hoping to be able to maintain the same price point, but the AXYS will get all three tubes changed to Titanium. It just depends how cheap I can source the 1" cross tube in TI.

Premium Features