• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what brand bike would work the best

sniffone

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2011
i was just wondering what brand bike everybody is running with the mountain horse setup i am leaning towards the yamaha because the air filter is above the tank and the air intakes are above the radiators. any input would be appreciated.:face-icon-small-con

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Just get the most powerful per pound machine you can afford and bare to look at (color, brand, 2stroke, 4stroke, new, used) and join in on the fun. If your reading all of these threads you'll see there is still perfecting to be done especially with carbs, EFI, and the intake. This sport is in it's infancy and is only going to grow, maybe you will come up with one of the solutions!

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
There is not one particular bike that stands out more than another. There are two types of bikes, motocross bikes and trail bikes. The motocross have the best mountain climbing performance because they rev the highest and the trail bike have a better low end cruising power and have some more comfort options. I like the KX 450 myself simply due to how easy they start, I can start them with my hands. However we have found that there has never been a bad bike built. They all hold up extremely well and I think you will be happy with whatever you buy. Also keep in mind that the MH is universal to every dirt bike out there so if you are not happy with what you buy you can swap it over to something else and will only need to buy a new fit kit.

Last edited:
T
Feb 16, 2012
There is not one particular bike that stands out more than another. There are two types of bikes motor cross bikes and trail bikes. The motor cross have the best mountain climbing performance because they rev the highest and the trail bike have a better low end cruising power and have some more comfort options. I like the KX 450 myself simply do to how easy they start, I can start them with my hands. However we have found that there has never been a bad bike built. They all hold up extremely well and I think you will be happy with whatever you buy. Also keep in mind that the MH is universal to every dirt bike out there so if you are not happy with what you buy you can swap it over to something ells and will only need to by a new fit kit.

Well, that is not realy correct, right? The new bike has to be supported by Timbersled, not all bikes are, so it is not true "universal" just almost.

/U

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
These kits will match up to any recent or modern off road motorcycle, left, right hand drive, as long as it has a similar swing arm the chain and spacers can be aligned. Husky, VOR, Suzuki, ATK, Husaberg, Aprilia, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, and so on. There's more to it than just swapping from one to another since there are no universal swing arm bolt sizes or spacing between engine and frame but if you have the parts it's an extra minute or two diff. Everyone uses 520 sprockets.

Last edited:

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Well, that is not realy correct, right? The new bike has to be supported by Timbersled, not all bikes are, so it is not true "universal" just almost.

/U

If it is a dirt bike and the chain comes out the left hand side of the engine then the MH kit can be mounted. We have not found a bike yet that we could not put the kit onto. Maybe there is a bike out there that no one has herd of that the kit can’t be installed on but we have not found one yet. The kits listed on our web site are the ones that we stock a fit kit for. There are a lot of older bikes that we have not worked on, however the kit will fit all of those as well but we do not have a designated fit kit for them.

Please look at http://www.timbersled.com/snowbikekits.htm to see the bikes that we support.

Last edited:
Premium Features