• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which coolant for 2016 XM?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Just picked up a 2016 XM and reservoir is empty.
My 2013 P Tek uses traditional green coolant.
Wondering what is in this 2016 as It is no longer visible?

Thanks

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I just picked up the same sled about a month ago, there is pink coolant in it, so not sure if you would want to mix. I called my dealer about it because it was low in the resivour but he told me not to fill it all the way to the full line because they spit it back out. Anyways I would call your dealer or find a coolant that is pink lol.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
After some research, it appears green does not mix with anything.
Orange, pink, yellow etc may or may not mix well with each other. (wow, that really helps)
Turns out the only thing compatible and safe to mix with the others is possum piss.

Now all I have to do is find a sleeping possum and a bucket of warm water to place it's paw into.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
You have to remove the cap to check the level. The level in mine rises an inch once the cap is loosened. I have also been told that you can't fill them to the line without them spitting some back out. My dealer says that as long as you can see it in the reservoir you are fine and don't worry about it.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Coolant

Peak makes a universal that mixes with all colors

Premium Features