• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1988 Indy 400 SKS

goinxtreme119

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Helena, MT
Hi recently picked up 1988 Indy 400 SKS for my daughters to start riding on. It needs a little clutch love. I am trying to swap out the drive spring, and secondary spring. Polaris wants 40 bucks for the blue spring 120-300. SLP makes 120-320 for 25 bucks any thoughts will this work? I also am replacing the secondary spring and buttons. I have searched high and low not able to find the ratings on the polaris red secondary part#7041198 which is recommends but I also can not find a change for the higher elevation for this driven. Sled will be ridden 5000-8000ft.

Want to run the 120/320 SLP spring in driven, 10mRed wieghts (44+-grams), and the correct matching secondary which I can not find... if could run an SLP would like to just so ordering all same place. Also as it a sled for daughters to learn on would like to keep costs down.... input?

Thanks guys

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Phone SLP and explain what you are working on and what you are trying to do. They will be able to tell you exactly what you need. Not many, if any, companies have more "been there, done that" experience than SLP.

Premium Features