• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there a fix for the Belt issue?

stephenr_65

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Henefer, Ut
Is there a fix for the rev Xp Belt issue? I have added some major venting and i am still lucky to get 75 miles out of a belt i have ruined five belts in about 350 miles i can throw snow on my clutches after climbing a hill and the snow boils off them like i just threw it on the pipe

Last edited:
H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
If your clutches are getting that hot, they are slipping, creating heat destroying the belt. I have a hard time believing its the belt when Ive rode with guys who don't have this problem or venting. (although it does help)

Have you looked into the setup? What spring, weights? Bushings not seized. rollers good?

S
Dec 25, 2007
spoke to my doo dealer and he said mid jan ski doo will issue an update on how to correct the clutching. he said to hold the used broke belts, might be able to warranty them.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
Good belts

I have no idea why some sleds have a belt problem & some don't. I have an 08 163, 300 miles on the same belt. I just put the 2cool front & rear vents on before my last ride. I had to tow my friend out, with him on his sled, 30 miles, & still didn't get the clutches hot. Maybe it's the Felker setup.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yes, there is a definate fix....nothing more than proper clutch settup. The settup that comes stock is a recipe for heat! Doing nothing more than using a proven settup from prior year Rev's and no more heat issues.
At the very minimum add primary weight to run 8200 on clicker 4.
Add a progressive helix (44/33) and that'll allow you to run a little more weight and hold RPM on the hill. If you ride mostly steep/deep also gear down a tooth on top.
Just add some primary weight and the heat wil drop dramatically, I can't believe the settup that came stock...makes zero sense for anything but belt sales.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Yes, there is a definate fix....nothing more than proper clutch settup. The settup that comes stock is a recipe for heat! Doing nothing more than using a proven settup from prior year Rev's and no more heat issues.
At the very minimum add primary weight to run 8200 on clicker 4.
Add a progressive helix (44/33) and that'll allow you to run a little more weight and hold RPM on the hill. If you ride mostly steep/deep also gear down a tooth on top.
Just add some primary weight and the heat wil drop dramatically, I can't believe the settup that came stock...makes zero sense for anything but belt sales.

what springs are you running? and what elevation? is your sled total stock?

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
belts

trashing belts every trip out... clutches so hot they will cook bacon on it... deflection is correct.. pulling the clutch apart tomorrow and try adding weight to the pins...

M

MontanaPowder

Nov 30, 2007
Kalispell
What are you measuring for correct belt deflection, all I have checked will not adjust nearly tight enough. I think they may be riding long at takeoff on the outside cord and staying out of correct contact pitch angle hence all the belt dust. I was blowing belt in 2 or less hours till today with shorter belt by one inch.

D
Nov 29, 2007
McCall Idaho
there is a really good fix.

move the jack shaft, or move the engine.

the engine bounces or vibrates up and down as the pistons go up and down. if hte piston and the belt are lined up, the belt will slip everytime you are wfo and the piston goes down.

don't worry. it is only 8000 times a minute.

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
there is a really good fix.

move the jack shaft, or move the engine.

the engine bounces or vibrates up and down as the pistons go up and down. if hte piston and the belt are lined up, the belt will slip everytime you are wfo and the piston goes down.

don't worry. it is only 8000 times a minute.

What a stupid statement!!!!!!! XP hater.

Premium Features