• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vents for '06 700RMK??? Belt eater!! Help.

I picked up a factory demo sled last year with 350 miles on it. I put the SLP can and air box on it, and removed the front rad cooler as well. I also removed one set of bogies and put reverseable scratchers on it, and changed the top gear from a 20 tooth to a 19. I ran the stock belt on it for two rides before it totally grenaded literally into pieces. Of course no warranty. The next belt had side strings peeling out of it in no time at all. I don't do any trail riding except to access the mountains. I do lots of boondocking in the open trees pulling lots of throttle. Should i be installing vents to keep things cool. What have other guys been doing, and is there something else i should try to help the life span of my belts. I picked up a Gates Xtreme 44X4640 belt at the end of last season and will give it a try this season.
Let it SNOOOWWWW!!!
Cheers:beer;
Chris.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
In addition to what bigfoot said get the slp torque arm/ push arm kit for it too Also venting is a must. They keepsthe clutches much cooler than without. Make sure the clutches are propely aligned and also proper belt deflection is important.

Compfusions motor mounts are highly recommended also while your at it do fatboyfrenchys (sp?) oil/throttle cable kit too

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
Get some shock tower vents from here.
http://www.carlscycle.com/eshopitems_cat_2438-19667_limit_n_imgview_y.Intake__Airflow.htm

Also Id run a 3211115 belt they can handle the heat like no other belt. Look on ebay or if you can't find one buy one from Babbitsonline you will have to look up the belt under oem parts punch in an 07 700 dragon and click on drive train that will get you to the part # to be able to order it.

My first belt did the same thing as one of yours, the cord was pulled out about 1 inch with 375 miles on it. So I put the 3211115 on and it lasted twice that but I still had high belt temps so I geared down to 19/42 and vented so now it should last a lot longer.

Last edited:
N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I picked up a Gates Xtreme 44X4640 belt at the end of last season and will give it a try this season.
Let it SNOOOWWWW!!!
Cheers:beer;
Chris.[/QUOTE]

These are good belts, I sell them and have run them on all my 900's without problems. However these are a harder compound belt and only being single cogged you need good venting.

N

NewfieBullet1973

Dec 20, 2007
Vent, Align the clutch, SLP Torque Stop and Push Arm - you have already replaced airbox and removed rad.
Run a better belt - I put over 1000 miles on the 1115 belt last winter and still seems to be OK. Follow any/all advice in this thread and it will help.
Good Luck

V

Vertical

Mar 10, 2008
alot are running the 66/44-42ER..not sure how diff the 42 is from the 46..but seems to be the most common on the 900

The only difference is the transition from the 66 angle to the 44 is shorter. It's .42 inch instead of .46

Premium Features