• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts on mototrax front spindle with yeti ski

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
Anyone that's been around a mototrax kit think it could be done? I like the mount style of the spindle but think the yeti ski would be a better fit.

Any ideas/thoughts?

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Anyone that's been around a mototrax kit think it could be done? I like the mount style of the spindle but think the yeti ski would be a better fit.

Any ideas/thoughts?

It can definitely be done. Both the MotoTrax, Yeti, and Timbersled skis have the same mount geometry. The only difference is the length of the ski bolt that secures it to the ski frame. If you use the bolt that came with the Yeti ski, it will mount very easily.

M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
Has anyone gotten the Mototrax spindle and done any testing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been running one with a Yeti ski. Mounts up just fine. Due to me ordering the spindle for the wrong set of forks, we have been running it with the incorrect orientation until we get the correct brackets for the forks. Running it this way (tucked more under the bike with less rake) has put alot more stress on it than the correct positioning would have. Still it held up fine through 2 race days. The D bar did bend slightly at the last race, but no damage to the fork was done, which in my opinion is a win, as that is what the D bar is designed to do (bend before damage to the forks occurs). The bending also likely wouldn't have occured with the spindle mounted correctly. I think its the way to go. $20 D bar vs. $100's for new forks.

M
Mar 14, 2012
Has anyone gotten the Mototrax spindle and done any testing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our dealer up in Edmonton Canada, Alberta Cycles, has been running them all season on all of his kits, he seems to love it.

His name is Mike Mcgrath and his shop is Alberta Cycles, I don't think I can post phone numbers but you can google it. He would be able to tell you specifics like trail and powder characteristics.

Premium Features