• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comparison: Zbroz vs Holz A Arms 2012 Pro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
maby

Built like this, one solid piece of tube with two bends welded from the shock mount to the ball joint. With another piece of tube coped into the front.
2011-12-13_18-44-37_987-1.jpg

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I still have lowers in stock to replace bent ones if you do not want the downtime. I have black and Greys left.

If you bought a set from me get with me so we can make sure your sets get swapped out.

Last edited:
L

littleanthony

Apr 17, 2010
mass
I have a 40" original design set that are still sitting in the box, should I use them? anyone have problems with old design? what about replacements if I have a problem?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I have a set of Timbersled A-Arms. Maybe I'll at least throw them on the scale before I install them. They are the older ones with non-machinced spindles. Not sure the weight difference between the two.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Zbroz hopes to have the fixed replacements available at the end of January. They are working hard to get them finished as fast as possible. We still have some spares if anybody is in a pinch and can't wait until the new ones are ready to ship.

nortrop

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
NE Tacoma, WA
Why was the design changed? Fewer welds, cheaper to make? I have a set of the old style arms and they seem bulletproof. Am I screwed if I need replacements?

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I used to have a high opinion of Zbros products until I talked my buddy into buying a set for his Rev. He bought them used, but you couldnt tell they werent new. They were in mint shape. First ride out both lower arms crumple......and he didnt hit anything that hard. The one side, his ski caught something under the snow and he came to a dead stop.......but he was only going about 4mph. I cant remember what happened on the other one but it was minimal.

He phoned Zbros and they told him it wasnt there problem. That he must have cranked something. He sent in pictures, explained exactly what happened and they still told him to piss off.

He couldnt believe it. Especially considering that he had a holz front end on the sled for three years of HARD riding and never had an issue. So.....he put his holz back on and now the zbros is laying in the corner.

Last time I talk someone into buying a zbros product.:face-icon-small-fro

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
so it seems to me, id rather replace a heim joint i can keep in my pocket sooner and easier than an a arm in my truck. this is great info for the non name loyal guys with the stock parts. keep it coming guys.

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
I worked at zbroz last summer and the new design was meant to look like a trophy truck style arm. It made the arm easier to make as less bends and copes had to be made to the ends of the tubing. They were able to be left square on the ends which made them easier to fit before final welding. A die was made which would allow laser cut plates to be bent into the shape of the boxed in structure. Different sets were made and installed on one of the zbroz own sleds which was then taken out and pounded on. No failures occurred with the prototypes, so the decision was made to go ahead with the build run. When I came back to Canada in August, all the individual parts were done and ready for assembly. I'm sorry there have been issues, but I know the zollingers will fix you up.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
which a-arms will fit the Assault-12 without changing the stock shocks??
Holtz??

No on the HOLZ for sure. That was the first place I checked. The Zbroz website doesn't specifically say they make them for the Assault, but I'm assuming that's what the wider ones are for. I called and asked the same question and hung up still unsure what I was told... :face-icon-small-con

Fast Rider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
Wanted to bring this thread TTT and see...Has anyone received there update z bro's yet? If so have you tried them out? Are they holding up? I'd be amazed if there were any issues based on what I've been told about Z Bro's but some feedback would be great

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Had a friend install the zbros arms on his Polaris pro to find the left and right lower arms measured different lengths. They were out so bad that his steering rods need to be adjusted! Needless to say they were returned. Something to watch for .

Premium Features