• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need a chest protector

D

Duvall Dean

Nov 8, 2003
Wenatchee, Wa.
last Friday I suffered a rib injury and want to prevent that from
ever happening again.

what product is best and price isn't an issue

thanks in advance, DD

Nov 27, 2007
I've worn a Tek Vest for 2 seasons. Don't even notice I'm wearing it. It adds some bulk obviously but as long as your jacket still zips up you'll be fine.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
used a tek-vest and switched to a bee-ware vest, like it better.

PM F-bomb on here and he will take care of you.

MX

Last edited:
S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
Check out this stuff.

http://www.aegixgear.com/

Well built and you can order it online. Certain REI locations carry them. The padding is built into the liner and they also carry other pieces which offer stand alone protection.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
x2 on the 661 core saver, I tried a tec vest and found it too restrictive. The core saver doesn't give the protection of the tec vest but I don't even realize it on until i go to take my stuff off.

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
B Wear

B Wear all the way.

I got mine from Rob (F bomb) but he no longer is a dealer for them.

I bought one for my wife from a fellow Snowester from MN. It was a small and brand new, fit her perfect, and was a great price to boot.

He also had a Large size for sale (new) if your interested pm me and I'll get you his contact info.:):)

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I've worn a Tek Vest for 2 seasons. Don't even notice I'm wearing it. It adds some bulk obviously but as long as your jacket still zips up you'll be fine.

Tek vest, you dont even know its on!

Yep. Snug it up, keeps you warm... loosen it up to get more air and stay a little cooler.

Won't ride without it, even loading/unloading. It's higher on my list of gear than a helmet.

Edit: I got the regular Tekvest-tekvest... not the klim one, even though they're the same thing just without the Klim colors and price tag. Also got the shoulders with mine, they're nice for roost protection and on colder days, makes you race-legal. They go on and come off easily.

Last edited:
O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
why wouldnt a standard motocross chest protector work instead of a tek vest.....they are about a quarter of the price...........

Motocross chest protectors are for roost protection. They aren't intended for hard impact protect such as being thrown off the sled and into a tree (that hurts, A LOT).

I use the B-wear.

Y
Jan 4, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Hey Ollie...thats good to know.....I was about to rummage through the shed and find my chest protector I use when riding my d bike.........i was pondering the same question but didn't post a thread..........thanks!

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
I use a Moto Cross stiff plastic chest protector but it is very important to get one that fits properly because it is stiff and will bruise your bicepts if it is too wide across the front.

In my opinion the soft protectors flex too much and do not protect from a good handle bars to the chest blow which I encounter ever couple of rides.

Just my .02 cents

I also like the them because they allow a lot of air flow and do not add a bunch of warmth. I am too hot most of the time anyway with out more added warmth over my stomach and chest.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I wear a microfleece shirt, t-shirt, tekvest, then the beacon and then the pullover or jacket depending on the temperature. After a while you dont notice the vest unless your not wearing it. Then you feel like something is missing.

Premium Features