• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1998 600 xlt vs 1998 600 powder extreme

P
Feb 18, 2009
Hi i was just wondering if anyone could give some input on my question here. Im thinking of buying a stock 1998 600 xlt 136 track for lake racing and stuff like that. My question is would it beat a stock 1998 600 powder extreme 136 track that i also might be thinking of buying? I know both engines run reliable when stock, but i was just wondering which would prevail?

R
Nov 28, 2009
WELL if you know anything about sled no offence but the twins have more get up and go but at higher speeds the xlt will smoke the powder extreme it will just have more there. i had a powder specail 600 and i now have a xlt rmk i had them both at one time on the lake and in powder the xlt was the best and lightest so i sold the xlt and both sleds were stock with about 2,000 miles and the rmk has slp trail skis but they are plastic and my cat had plastic to but the xlt had ware bars

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Powder Extreme

The Powder Extreme is a 600 triple piped triple that was rated at around 118 hp and it ran like a scalded cat when dialed in and had an aggressive rider on it. I think the XLT would not stand a chance even piped. But I have not ever been around a piped XLT, I ride a single piped one. I had several friends that rode them when they were new. Their only short coming was that they were quite heavy.

R
Nov 28, 2009
oh i didnt know that that the exteme was a tripple my specail 580 bored to 600 was a twin and the xlt was faster sorry i didnt say

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
ive ridden both and the cat is waaay faster but feels alot heavier than the poo. if you are lookin to lake race then the pow extreme would dominate, on the other hand if you want to do anything else its pretty much a wash, good luck.

Premium Features