• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does anyone know this guy????

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
Well as if snowmobilers don’t have a bad enough rap already. I had the privilege of fallowing a real cool operator out of the park, leaving Cooke City yesterday. This guy was driving a four door black dodge diesel with a sled deck and a two place trailer. Not sure what state, but personal plates that said either “MO PWR” or “NO PWR.” This guy went out of his way to lay down a huge cloud of black smoke at every occupied nature pullout for the 30 miles I followed him. Don’t get me wrong I dislike greenies ideals and Yellowstone National Petting Zoo as much as anyone, but there is no reason to attract negative attention to an already targeted sport.

Our travels together came to an abrupt end when he blew by a mini-van being driven by two women who were startled by big smoking truck roaring past and went into the ditch. The guy totally saw it happen too which was shown by him hitting the brakes while deciding whether or not to stop. As soon as he saw me pull up beside them and stop he once more dropped the hammer and roared off. Luckily they were not stuck very badly and I hooked on and had them out in less than five minutes. They were very appreciative and sent me off with a bottle of wine which they insisted I take for aiding them out of the ditch.

If anyone knows this guy do me favor and smack him in the back of the head for me, and explain how he is hurting the snowmobile community when he drives like an *******.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Should of been reported right after he caused the other car to go into the ditch...Might not of gotten a ticket, but would have some explaining to do.

K
Dude sounds like a real "Beauty".
Of course I don't know the A$$hole as I live in Canada, but wish I did so I could pass name along. Good on ya for helping out the lady victim. I' m no tree hugger either but a guys gotta wonder in this day and age of everything "environmentally friendly" why isn't something being done about these black smoke belching pieces of crap we see everyday on our roads and highways?
I hope you reported the incident.

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
I bet he is 4 ft tall and blows black smoke out of big black truck to compensate.:face-icon-small-ton

S
Jan 1, 2005
Cedar Rapids, Ia.
Peckerfaces everywhere

Don't know who or what truck your talking about, sounds like he/they have bad manners. Probably needs a good smackin, along with the parents at some point. To see it and not stop, tsk, tsk!:face-icon-small-sho:mad:
I don't know about the causing of the mini van to ditch it, that smoking and passing doesn't cause other vehicles to go in the ditch. Pretty certain from the info I'm getting out of this the 1's in the van would have been the 1 to get a ticket(failure to maintain control) or some variation wording depending on your area.
I know I enjoy romping on my big white truck, but it doesn't smoke much, as the Duramaxes generally don't need to dump all the extra fuel to make great power to pass. (I'm not 4' tall, but I am compensating with a programmer):rolleyes:

R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
There's a few around making us cringe when we see that. I saw a real good one during the Jackson Hole Hill Climb a few years back that was kind of funny since I don't think it was intensional: It was a nice week end, almost spring and the town was full of our usual hippies and skiers but also the bilers from everywhere, perfect East meets West weekend. A giant lifted Montana 4 door powerstroke with sled bed pulls up to the stoplight at the same time a greenie arrived with the crazy sled-dog and 20 bumper-stickers stuck to his Subaru wagon, windows down so the psycho pooch could do laps and yap out of every opening. Well, Bubba decides to do a burnout while waiting for a green light with his 36"super-swampers, his 4" straight pipe eye-level with leaf-lickers open back window. Tons of black smoke comes pouring through the Suby, then turns to gray as the white tire smoke joins in. After probably a full ten second demonstration of how-to-win-friends-and-influence-people, the light turns green and our colleagues roar away oblivious to what they'd just done to the little dreadlock dude in their blind-spot.

W
Jan 2, 2008
I'll prolly get red for this.....

but I could totally see myself doing some of the things mentioned above..I don't do it, but could see myself doing it.

I'd be giggling like a school girl filling subys with black smoke :D

I would draw the line at running them in the ditch though, maybe the dude you seen was way over the line but I'd have some sympathy for the guy seeing as how I'd be havin fun doing the same thing

its a good thing my truck doesn't smoke like that (i'd be tempted)
I'd rather have better fuel economy and make my tires last ahwile. Perhaps thats my upbringing?

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
but I could totally see myself doing some of the things mentioned above..I don't do it, but could see myself doing it.

I'd be giggling like a school girl filling subys with black smoke :D

I would draw the line at running them in the ditch though, maybe the dude you seen was way over the line but I'd have some sympathy for the guy seeing as how I'd be havin fun doing the same thing

its a good thing my truck doesn't smoke like that (i'd be tempted)
I'd rather have better fuel economy and make my tires last ahwile. Perhaps thats my upbringing?

Don't get me wrong I like to blow smoke, but I try to be different with the snowmobiles in tow especially in the mountains. I don't want my behavior to close the areas I ride.

Once at a stop light in the city we smoked a guy real good that had his window down smoking in the middle of the winter. Good times.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
were the ladies drunk? what kinda wine was it?? Any good??? Also what kinda van was it, nice one or a POS?

Most importanly were they hot? soccer moms perhaps?

vanstuck1.jpg

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Well as if snowmobilers don’t have a bad enough rap already. I had the privilege of fallowing a real cool operator out of the park, leaving Cooke City yesterday. This guy was driving a four door black dodge diesel with a sled deck and a two place trailer. Not sure what state, but personal plates that said either “MO PWR” or “NO PWR.” This guy went out of his way to lay down a huge cloud of black smoke at every occupied nature pullout for the 30 miles I followed him. Don’t get me wrong I dislike greenies ideals and Yellowstone National Petting Zoo as much as anyone, but there is no reason to attract negative attention to an already targeted sport.

Our travels together came to an abrupt end when he blew by a mini-van being driven by two women who were startled by big smoking truck roaring past and went into the ditch. The guy totally saw it happen too which was shown by him hitting the brakes while deciding whether or not to stop. As soon as he saw me pull up beside them and stop he once more dropped the hammer and roared off. Luckily they were not stuck very badly and I hooked on and had them out in less than five minutes. They were very appreciative and sent me off with a bottle of wine which they insisted I take for aiding them out of the ditch.

If anyone knows this guy do me favor and smack him in the back of the head for me, and explain how he is hurting the snowmobile community when he drives like an *******.

I seen that guy. Do you drive a brownish chevy truck? I was in the grey yukon with the IQR on the back of a 2 place.

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Maybe you should have caught up to him and talked smack to his face and not on the net. Who really cares anyway. If they lost control due to the fact that he was passing its not his fault they went in the ditch. You know driving isn't for everyone.

Premium Features