• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Next Project?

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I've finally got everything else out of the shop and now have time to finish this gen 2 I started along time ago. It has an early vanamberg tunnel with a strange skid that I'm not sure what it is? half gen 2 and half homemade? with Wildchild's rail extensions. A 162" x 2.5" camoplast track, possibly a maverick? 8 tooth extrovert drivers and an edge chaincase for a poorboys drop n roll. It has a nice vanamberg double pass cooler, new Wimpys radius rods, Simmonds gen 1 skis, fox shocks all around and pretty much all stock plastic. I started another W/C 1200 for it but after reading about Sledstew's 1375 pro I'm having second thoughts about this thing. I'd like to get into a newer chassie, maybe an IQR or a pro if I could find the right sled to start with. I really want to go 1350 with it regardless of the chassie but I need to find a Union Bay head for it (see my WTB ad if you have something) I bought a set of Crankshop pipes from flying pig awhile back for the gen 2 but if I go to a different chassie I'll come up with something. I have to at least get this thing back to a roller and out of the shop and that will happen soon, lots of little things need fixing, or aligning, or straightening, or :face-icon-small-dis Here's a few pics as it sits today.

gen 2  watercraft triple 002.jpg gen 2  watercraft triple 003.jpg gen 2  watercraft triple 004.jpg gen 2  watercraft triple 005.jpg gen 2  watercraft triple 006.jpg gen 2  watercraft triple 007.jpg

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
So Jay you have the Holz mod one, the IQR one you built and now this one for 3? :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Ya thats right, I was behind the times, as usual, when I discovered the 1200 triples, but I know about them now. :face-icon-small-hap Honestly 5 minutes on one of these things and you couldn't beat the grin off your face with a stick. That 1375 Sledstew is building is IMHO possibly the perfect sled, handling, power, and reliability. If polaris would build that sled they would put everyone else out of buisness. Last weekend when I finally got my wifes running she took off with some friends for a ride while I setup the BBQ and organized the cabin, when she came back I said well what do you think? She actually started laughing like the wicked witch of the west, you know that kinda crazy cackling? I think she likes it.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
That's awesome! I just got my first triple also... Seems like a lot less work then my turbo. And no race gas, that was getting old!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Ya thats right, I was behind the times, as usual, when I discovered the 1200 triples, but I know about them now. :face-icon-small-hap Honestly 5 minutes on one of these things and you couldn't beat the grin off your face with a stick. That 1375 Sledstew is building is IMHO possibly the perfect sled, handling, power, and reliability. If polaris would build that sled they would put everyone else out of buisness. Last weekend when I finally got my wifes running she took off with some friends for a ride while I setup the BBQ and organized the cabin, when she came back I said well what do you think? She actually started laughing like the wicked witch of the west, you know that kinda crazy cackling? I think she likes it.

Thats awesome. That Holz one that you have I almost bought but you beat me too it! Looks like it went to a good home at least, not to someone that would just wreck it.

I've been trying to find a 1200 or 1050 ever since then to put in my Gen 2 van amburg chassis so I can move this XCR 800 into my edge. After riding one 2 years ago Im sold as well. Maybe I should sell my 910 Ryan is right race gas SUCKS!

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I can't tell you how happy I was to buy that Holz, it's the sled I was born to ride. When the guy handed me the title he literally had a tear in his eye to say goodbye. I moved heaven and earth to but that thing. 36 hours driving in 48, had a good friend drive me down to washington state in his truck, man it was a trip. That's the main reason I'm building another one, it's kinda a beater, if I roll it down a big hill I won't get to bent, if I rolled my holz I think I'd throw up. So this ones for fun, sunny days and just get stupid.:face-icon-small-hap Nothing personal x2freeride but that holz is never going anywhere, glad I beat you to it.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Here she is Ryan. Took these 10 minutes ago. Look at the sky, we all know where I should be today. She was one of two built by Mark Holz, he did the chassie. Jack Struthers pulled a few favours with his contacts at polaris and the engines were literally built by polaris. I believe Jack ported the cylinders. So you see polaris could build these things if they wanted to. I dunno, I'm thinking they could sell a few of these. 20 mph across the meadows and if you nail it, it will lift the skis a foot in the air and pull like you can't believe. Pulling hills is stupid, it just keeps accelerating no matter how steep it is. Had a fun climb against a buddy on his 1000 artic cat, started right at the base of the hill from a dead stop. 1 2 3 go and he just faded away, it was kinda embarrasing actually. :lol: The other one is dead and gone, this is literally the only one of a kind.

Edit: I brought an old thread up to the top in the general section that has a few pics of this sled fooling around in a hayfield, gives you an idea of how this thing accelerates.

Baby 001.jpg Baby 002.jpg Baby 003.jpg Baby 004.jpg Baby 005.jpg Baby 006.jpg Baby 007.jpg

Last edited:

ctaddict

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Van Amburg chassis

Picked up a Van Amburg tunnel this fall and got it together just in time for a week in Cooke City. Has dropped and rolled chain case and big heat exchanger in back. Just got back from Cooke and had a great time! Sled worked good and looks great. 159" track, Light weight hood from outlaw composites and a stock 800,.... for now.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I can't tell you how happy I was to buy that Holz, it's the sled I was born to ride. When the guy handed me the title he literally had a tear in his eye to say goodbye. I moved heaven and earth to but that thing. 36 hours driving in 48, had a good friend drive me down to washington state in his truck, man it was a trip. That's the main reason I'm building another one, it's kinda a beater, if I roll it down a big hill I won't get to bent, if I rolled my holz I think I'd throw up. So this ones for fun, sunny days and just get stupid.:face-icon-small-hap Nothing personal x2freeride but that holz is never going anywhere, glad I beat you to it.

I can totally see it, its a specimen for sure. One of the nicest gen 2 1200's i've ever seen. Hey Jay no hard feelings at all if It had to go to someone im glad it went to you since I know you will take good care of it.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Well I found a 1200 WC I think im going to pull the trigger on. Then I can join the 1200 club too :face-icon-small-hap. I dont know that I will ever have 3 though!

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Dead stop right now :face-icon-small-hap It's calving season right now, I'm selling the odd bull or heifer and the wife is hauling them all over the country, my hot water tank in the house just fried, I'm trying to get down to prince george for a richie bros auction, etc, etc. Summer, if it ever gets here, is hair straight back around here. It actually snowed here yesterday, I woke up to 1" of snow on the ground, I even took some pics. There still is good riding around here, your on snow right from the parking lot, so on weekends I'm still up at 5 a.m. looking to see if it's a sunny day or not. If you go early you can catch the frozen ground, get in a good ride, have a few beers and still be home by lunch. When I start making some progress again I'll put up a few more pics

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Damn, why did I have to see this thread. :face-icon-small-blu It's getting real close to starting on sleds again. Had an excavator here all day today, put up some gate posts, fixed a water line leak and then started putting up poles for a bull shelter. First hole, hit another waterline :face-icon-small-con Absolutely dead nuts, you couldn't have hit it better if you had a map. I have a gravity feed well so I had to have the excavator did a deeper hole beside the first one and basically bail as fast as he could while I climbed down in the muck and fixed the waterline, what a pita. I have to service my square baler, get this shed up and then I WILL start on that sled. I'll keep you posted.

Here's a couple of pics as she sits right now, I did score a real nice U cooler this summer thats going in it.

not there yet 001.jpg not there yet 002.jpg

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
me thinks you better donate that sled project to me and then you can not have the stress of it calling you and you can concentrate on the other chores..

Premium Features