• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Random Bogging

U
Nov 26, 2007
22 matryx 850. 400 miles. Probably 8-10 times a day it’ll randomly fall on its face. Seems to be when I am on/off the gas. Get on it quick after coming off the throttle and it’ll fall flat. Totally random times unfortunately usually when you need it. Happened today when hopping across a creek

Buddy of mines 22 doing sane thing I guess.

Anyone else have this issue?

U
Nov 26, 2007
Snow ice weren’t a problem. Snow was soft but not super powdery so no build up

I do not have the latest flash (hopefully this week)

Are people noticing a a cleaner running sled?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yes they are. Also if you have an aftermarket can…switch the stocker back on and try that…very often the culprit.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Had mine out yesterday for its first ride and it is doing that. Right around 5000 rpm. Just picked it up a week ago so should be full up to date with all updates. It is random and seems to be more when a bit cold, just after taking a break. Didn’t do it for first half of day then just started acting up. It’s like there is a flat spot as you pass the 5000 rpm point of the throttle. Not TSS have a bypass and MVM throttle block. Everything else is stock.

U
Nov 26, 2007
Mine was probably in that same RPM range. Kinda when you just start getting on it

I’m running stock everything. No can

U
Nov 26, 2007
I somewhat recently did the plug cap thing. Probably 5 rides ago. Was shocked how much dust came out of them. I did not do dielectric grease

I do have fresh plugs unit at the same time

How often you guys blowing out the caps?

U
Nov 26, 2007
Blew out my plug caps again. Unreal how much dust came out. Not sure if that’s issue or not I’ll test next ride but feel the plug cap thing might need to be done more often regardless

E

E Money

Aug 7, 2011
I have the same issue, i have noticed the most after coming down hill usually slowly picking way down through trees after a pull in deep snow. When i turn around and rip it to go back up i often hit that dead spot. I chalked it up to snow in exhaust tip, usually only happens 1 time until next pull... my remedy was to try and stay on the gas more on downs. Not sure if that is the culprit. Running slp can as fyi.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Is your throttle cable adjusted properly? If it’s a little too tight it can really mess with the TSS

U
Nov 26, 2007
I am in non-ethanol mode and always run clean gas with no ethanol. Pump by my house has its own handle of ethanol free gas

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Confirmed mine is snow build up in exhaust tip.
I had an SLP can that the back of the outlet was lower than the front, acting as a scoop.
It was really only an issue in heavy snow, but it would plug the exhaust and damn near choke out the engine.

I cut the pipe at an angle, almost 1 in off the back, left ~1\4" past the body. It helped tremendously.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
We had a 9r ride with us for 3 days, it also had the 5000 ish rpm bog. Snow had been handlebar deep last few rides, but even in a few tracks, air intakes clean it will do it.

Premium Features