• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Random Bogging

E

E Money

Aug 7, 2011
I had an SLP can that the back of the outlet was lower than the front, acting as a scoop.
It was really only an issue in heavy snow, but it would plug the exhaust and damn near choke out the engine.

I cut the pipe at an angle, almost 1 in off the back, left ~1\4" past the body. It helped tremendously.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Same SLP can. Trimmed it down and problem gone. Been lots of wet heavy snow this season.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
New deflector coming.
I built an extension onto the exhaust deflector a couple weeks ago. I hangs down another inch from the stock one. Got to try it last week in Revy in deep powder, that in combination with a silicone 90 to replace the weak stock 90 on the turbo inlet and I never had a single bog in 3 days.

E
Apr 29, 2017
We had a 9r ride with us for 3 days, it also had the 5000 ish rpm bog. Snow had been handlebar deep last few rides, but even in a few tracks, air intakes clean it will do it.
Hi Damx, dealing with same issue on my 9R. Not sure what your solution was? I have no snow build up on intake frog skins! Could you elaborate.
Thanks

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Add the Fire and Ice intake kit and you won't have problems with bogging in deep snow.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Its not my sled, but was in the group and I rode it a bit. Fire and ice intakes won't help. Its almost like the exhaust vales aren't opening fast enough or not all the way mabe . Or some werd fuel map issue in that rpm range.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Its not my sled, but was in the group and I rode it a bit. Fire and ice intakes won't help. Its almost like the exhaust vales aren't opening fast enough or not all the way mabe . Or some werd fuel map issue in that rpm range.
This is what i am sensing also

Premium Features