• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHAT did you Pay? 2023 Ski-Doo Summit X 165 Turbo Expert w/Large Display

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Epic winter would be wonderful,the issue then would be when to you get a second job to pay for fuel.Joe Biden is going to give 50 billion to Indonesia to stop using coal fired power plants,can anyone tell me what the US taxpayer is getting besides the shaft again
Nobody likes a coward

Agreed. Fun is mandatory, especially as you get older.

As I tell my wife, I don't have a lot of new sleds left in me. Hence, I am fighting the potential recession with my new sled purchase (and of course, many accessories too).

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
I guess it depends on the dealer for prices , the extra made up fees is what is so different from one dealer to the next , location is key too , number of sleds dealer can get all plays into there profit margins, in the end I’m very happy with what I paid as I know what a lot of other guys paid was 3k to 3800$ more , I would love to support my local dealer he’s only 20 miles away but he was well over 3k more , 500$ I would not even think twice but 3k is a lot .
In 2 years when I want to sell this 23 to get a new one I can advertise it for 3000-3500 less than most others and sell it quickly.
I took the 3+k I saved and put it towards a new mxz 120 for the grandkids

Ok I’m heading to the shop to take my new turbo apart ?

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Wow........the $17,000 I paid for the 2022 Summit Expert Turbo R 165 is looking really good compared to the $21,000++++ for a Gen5 Turbo.

Glad to have a great sled to ride while this crazy market condition runs its course.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I’m assuming lots of guys didn’t get pricing before or while they snochecked.
I got pricing on both the big gauge and the little gauge. IMO a big gauge sled price should not be compared to last year’s prices.
I do feel dealers are trying to make up for a reduction in allocations in their sled price by upping the MRSP of the sled.
This year is a crazy one with prices going up and dealers gouging due to a lack of product, anyone try to find a new car or truck in the last 10 months?

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
Wow........the $17,000 I paid for the 2022 Summit Expert Turbo R 165 is looking really good compared to the $21,000++++ for a Gen5 Turbo.

Glad to have a great sled to ride while this crazy market condition runs its course.
ditto. I almost canceled my 22. The 23's came out before I even received my 22. I was PISSED. When I looked at the prices.... Well, I decided to take delivery of my 22 and i'm very glad I did. the G5 is cool, but not 3-4k more than my 22 cool.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
ditto. I almost canceled my 22. The 23's came out before I even received my 22. I was PISSED. When I looked at the prices.... Well, I decided to take delivery of my 22 and i'm very glad I did. the G5 is cool, but not 3-4k more than my 22 cool.
gonna be interesting to read some ride reports comparing the G4 and G5 once winter is in full swing. it's like pulling teeth trying to get a ride review from the ambassadors, forums, magazines that have all had early access to the new chassis. They all point out the new changes which anyone can read about but none have really said how it performs on the snow except in generalities.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
maybe but that's an example of what i'm talking about. why is it better? what does it do that puts it in a new league?
do you have any time on one?

Not me, but I know guys that rode the prototypes and their new sleds this year.
Lots of refinements, new rear suspension geometry, power, skis, lighter weight, all those things add up, I cannot see a G4 having the same capability the G5 has. Skidoo built the sled I was going to build my turbo into, it was cheaper for me to order new than spend money on the G4.

The iPad gauge may be a waste of money at the moment, but BRP pulled a fast one and gave everyone the two button gauge when they said it was going to be the compact gauge instead.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I would like ten people to respond on the price remarks,how many out of the ones who respond to this,bought your machine outright or did you finance it?Just doing this to see if the financed ones don't think the price is so high .

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
Caper11 that was not a fast one lol that was a misleading announcement. When I talked to brp customer service on the 2 button gauge a month ago the guy at brp said exactly what the rep told me in the spring only sleds after that date would possibly have compact gauge.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
will be financing mine and I typically put half down and then pay it off within 2 years in time for the next sled. if the Freeride comes in sans shocks, they can keep it and I’ll snowcheck next year.
yes, the price is high but I don’t have the knee jerk reaction that things are high due solely to greed. it’s a niche sport in a time when materials and transportation are at an all time high.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I would like ten people to respond on the price remarks,how many out of the ones who respond to this,bought your machine outright or did you finance it?Just doing this to see if the financed ones don't think the price is so high .
Bought mine outright.

Sleds cost too much, but I won't be riding when I'm dead, so it's worth every dollar!

Last edited:
Premium Features