• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Smart Warmers on 7S Mountain Sleds

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Polaris specs show smart warmers on all matryx sleds, regardless of display. I think they just didn't pull it off for mountain sleds. I doubt it will be easily added either, if/when they do release it, likely needing a new wiring harness along with the rest.

I get that it's frustrating, but they are getting a lot of complete sleds delivered in very challenging times.

I spent 5 hours in -20 last weekend, my hands stayed warm.

S
Nov 3, 2010
Any comp
Polaris specs show smart warmers on all matryx sleds, regardless of display. I think they just didn't pull it off for mountain sleds. I doubt it will be easily added either, if/when they do release it, likely needing a new wiring harness along with the rest.

I get that it's frustrating, but they are getting a lot of complete sleds delivered in very challenging times.

I spent 5 hours in -20 last weekend, my hands stayed warm.
Any comparison to axys RMK warmers?

And I agree these are challenging times but they should be refunding money for a feature we've paid for that isn't being delivered.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Any comp

Any comparison to axys RMK warmers?

And I agree these are challenging times but they should be refunding money for a feature we've paid for that isn't being delivered.
Significantly hotter than 2018 Axys 800 handwarmers.

Read the fine print in the snowcheck agreement……

S
Nov 3, 2010
Significantly hotter than 2018 Axys 800 handwarmers.

Read the fine print in the snowcheck agreement……
Okay that's good. And I did and know things are subject to change. But with a an upgraded feature this significant that people have paid extra for and expected, I don't think it is reasonable for them to just brush it off by referencing that disclaimer.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Okay that's good. And I did and know things are subject to change. But with a an upgraded feature this significant that people have paid extra for and expected, I don't think it is reasonable for them to just brush it off by referencing that disclaimer.
They have offered snowcheck deposits back to anyone who wants it.

At least my dealer has.

I think it falls under the “human error” portion of the disclaimers.

S
Nov 3, 2010
This a message from a friend who called Polaris customer service today about this topic:

"So just confirmed with Polaris on the callback, their technical team stated that all RMK models come with standard warmers. Smart warmers are not even available As an option on any RMK branded machine."

No word about reimbursement or anything.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
They have offered snowcheck deposits back to anyone who wants it.

At least my dealer has.

I think it falls under the “human error” portion of the disclaimers.
SMF, I totally understand where you are coming from, especially through these rough times. We should be happy to have the opportunity to do - what we can do. Polaris is doing what they can, we all know that. Praise them for that.

But, their disclaimer needs to have a limit on what they can change, or not give you. If a person spends an extra $500 and not get it in return, I’m fine with that. But let’s say something is worth $1k and Polaris swaps oranges for the apples. There needs to be a limit. What is the limit, no one knows. I guess it’s just part of the game we play and the enjoyment we have on the snow.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
This a message from a friend who called Polaris customer service today about this topic:

"So just confirmed with Polaris on the callback, their technical team stated that all RMK models come with standard warmers. Smart warmers are not even available As an option on any RMK branded machine."

No word about reimbursement or anything.
What did the prototypes have? I thought I recalled someone talking about the warmers. I could be wrong though. Maybe someone that had a chance to test ride one can chime in.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It falls under customer service sucks or is completely non existent right now and as long as people keep making excuses for everyone over this stupid covid bs it will never change. if i screw someone's concrete up i have to make it right or i don't get paid. How come nobody else does? I guess it's a matter whether you need them worse than they need you. At the moment they believe you need them more because someone else is in line behind you. That is your customer service these days.
I was actually looking forward to those warmers also.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
SMF, I totally understand where you are coming from, especially through these rough times. We should be happy to have the opportunity to do - what we can do. Polaris is doing what they can, we all know that. Praise them for that.

But, their disclaimer needs to have a limit on what they can change, or not give you. If a person spends an extra $500 and not get it in return, I’m fine with that. But let’s say something is worth $1k and Polaris swaps oranges for the apples. There needs to be a limit. What is the limit, no one knows. I guess it’s just part of the game we play and the enjoyment we have on the snow.
The other consideration is insane material, shipping and assembly line retooling cost increases from snowcheck time. (They are changing the assembly line almost daily based on parts arriving or not)

Remember that in the fine print they can also change the price……… (but they haven’t)

If they went out of their way to “honor” everything printed that disappoints people but actually is easily wedged into disclaimers?

They probably wouldn’t still be producing sleds next year.

I’m one of the ones that wanted smartwarmers, but if they aren’t included I’m still wanting to buy the sled.

Either buy the sled or buy a different brand sled.

That’s the consumer’s voice.

Or start building a company that’s global resources are larger than many countries and quickly see the writing on the wall about how quickly a giant can be broken by a small business “do only good for others” modus operandi.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It falls under customer service sucks or is completely non existent right now and as long as people keep making excuses for everyone over this stupid covid bs it will never change. if i screw someone's concrete up i have to make it right or i don't get paid. How come nobody else does? I guess it's a matter whether you need them worse than they need you. At the moment they believe you need them more because someone else is in line behind you. That is your customer service these days.
I was actually looking forward to those warmers also.
But……

If you had the redi mix supplier tell you after you bid the job that concrete went up $12 a yard for a 120 yard pour? You might just eat the cost…….. if the client then complains that the concrete edge details weren’t what they expected would you willingly tear it out and redo it?

Might you then bring up the cost increases you absorbed?

Now run that scenario with 40% materials cost increases?

I think the snowcheck prices for 2023 will knock a lot of peoples socks off…….

S
Nov 3, 2010
What did the prototypes have? I thought I recalled someone talking about the warmers. I could be wrong though. Maybe someone that had a chance to test ride one can chime in.
The prototypes had it enabled on the 7S display but it did not work (third hand info that came from Polaris engineer). Test riders likely didn't realise that the feature didn't work, especially being late season with limited time on sled... Handwamers on hi/lo/off obviously worked though.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
But……

If you had the redi mix supplier tell you after you bid the job that concrete went up $12 a yard for a 120 yard pour? You might just eat the cost…….. if the client then complains that the concrete edge details weren’t what they expected would you willingly tear it out and redo it?

Might you then bring up the cost increases you absorbed?

Now run that scenario with 40% materials cost increases?

I think the snowcheck prices for 2023 will knock a lot of peoples socks off…….
I give estimates. I have heads up when concrete is going up. If there is any issue it is brought up before i start. Not after. I get it. You can stay home and go broke. Not going to work and go broke. Polaris is supposed to have it figured out when they price stuff or it is their fault not mine. If i stamp concrete and tell them I'm using tile red and charcoal grey, that is what they get. I don't just do it with tile red and say i can't get charcoal grey after the fact. You would let that be known up front.
I'm sure we don't agree on some of this. Not going to argue with you. You are one of the one's that I respect your opinion on stuff on here. I will say i completely tired of covid excuses. I told my dad that people should have to get their shots from veterinarians because hospitals don't work on sheep.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Don't get the hate for the "old style" Axys warmers? I can't ride with them on high for more than 10-15 mins, MAX. They stay on low all day, only turn them onto high after a stuck, and hands are wet/buried in snow for any length of time.
I'm looking at a 650 Matryx RMK for the wife, and was wildly disappointed when he informed me that sled didn't have the new warmers. Wife gets uncomfortable quickly in colder weather, so anything I could do to mitigate that, and make the day last a but longer, I was all in on...

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I give estimates. I have heads up when concrete is going up. If there is any issue it is brought up before i start. Not after. I get it. You can stay home and go broke. Not going to work and go broke. Polaris is supposed to have it figured out when they price stuff or it is their fault not mine. If i stamp concrete and tell them I'm using tile red and charcoal grey, that is what they get. I don't just do it with tile red and say i can't get charcoal grey after the fact. You would let that be known up front.
I'm sure we don't agree on some of this. Not going to argue with you. You are one of the one's that I respect your opinion on stuff on here. I will say i completely tired of covid excuses. I told my dad that people should have to get their shots from veterinarians because hospitals don't work on sheep.
I’m just guessing polaris is as blindsided by everything going on as we are in construction. We just took a $60k bath on a job that could not be passed on to the clients. All covid price escalations.

S
Dec 30, 2007
SD
Do we really know if there is a shortage of smartwarmers or did they never intend to install them because of the different handlebar controls from the trail sleds?

Premium Features