• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Smart Warmers on 7S Mountain Sleds

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I gotta love Polaris's official spin on it: "sorry if you got confused by things we actually said, but we had to do it that way to build you the best sled ever!" I'm guessing what happened was they fully intended to incorporate it when the sled was designed, but then supply shortages and rising costs hit, so they weaseled out. I call BS on the idea that Pro Taper handlebars have anything to do with it: a modified wiring harness would be the only difference (again, more cost).

Come to think of it, I do hate the hand/thumb warmer setup they've been using for the past decade. Only two settings, compared with three (handles) plus two (thumb) on my old sled - six settings, effectively - and on the console, where it used to be on the handlebar and you could adjust it without moving your arm. I think I'd actually like that more than fully adjustable heat that I have to poke at a screen for; I'd rather be able to quickly thumb the heat off when I jump off trail, then crank it again when I'm ready to head back.

That said, this wouldn't be the end of the world for me, and I'm not remotely a power user. The most I'd expect from Polaris would be to let me step down to the basic display, if the sled hadn't been built yet, or let me cancel if it were that big a deal. I do think they quietly made the change because they knew most users would be glad just to get their sled, and I'd probably be in that camp. If I were, I'd still complain a little (why not see what you can get), but unless something were already drawing me to jump ship, I'd just go out and enjoy the sled. So yeah, Poo is blowing some smoke up your skirt, but at the end of the day, it seems like small potatoes.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I ordered a new Lariat F150 in '12. Spec'd it out the way I wanted it and when I was able to view the build sheet the salesman had forgotten to add the backup camera. I was not happy. The sales team thought they were going to make me take the truck anyway despite them screwing up the order. I told them I'd wait for the next truck built to my spec. Glad I did.
I don't think Polaris gets off Scot-free on this. They promised and didn't deliver.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
You know wokeism has crept into a mountain snowmobile forum when you see Complaining from an obvious human oversight on a publication about the lack of one function of a component that didn’t get included yet the overall function is still on the sled and has been the same since 2009.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
5 years ago "OMG if they ever build a factory turbo sled with warranty, I will be the first in line and never ask for anything else as long as I live!!1!"

Now "meh 190hp factory turbo sled is ok I guess...read somewhere it has the wrong handwarmers tho, might still be interested if they offer me a coupon or somethin...dunno."

F
Jan 2, 2022
Minnesota
SMF, I totally understand where you are coming from, especially through these rough times. We should be happy to have the opportunity to do - what we can do. Polaris is doing what they can, we all know that. Praise them for that.

But, their disclaimer needs to have a limit on what they can change, or not give you. If a person spends an extra $500 and not get it in return, I’m fine with that. But let’s say something is worth $1k and Polaris swaps oranges for the apples. There needs to be a limit. What is the limit, no one knows. I guess it’s just part of the game we play and the enjoyment we have on the snow.
Polaris specs show smart warmers on all matryx sleds, regardless of display. I think they just didn't pull it off for mountain sleds. I doubt it will be easily added either, if/when they do release it, likely needing a new wiring harness along with the rest.

I get that it's frustrating, but they are getting a lot of complete sleds delivered in very challenging times.

I spent 5 hours in -20 last weekend, my hands stayed warm.
I just installed 7s display on my 22 Khaos matryx smart warmers show up on 7s but I cannot adjust. Thumb warmer does not work at all. I just got back from Wyoming I took it to a dealer out there and they tested it on the Polaris digital wrench and thumb warmer worked. Left there back to the hills and thumb warmer does not work.

Premium Features