• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What’s Next?

C
Dec 14, 2020
Sheesh, if the thing holding Polaris back from offering me a factory turbo polaris with warranty is some guy's unwillingness to dump some race gas in it, then call me a sad sad camper. For such an amazing sled, I would have no problem putting in a gallon or two or three of race gas for every tank.

Not all of use want to run enclosed trailers and carry a drum of race gas. There is 1 gas station here in a town of 60k can you actually buy race gas. They have 5 gallon cans of VP110 for $15/gallon. Next town over 150 miles away I can find 2 dealers for VP. Same silly prices. There is no racecar scene in the great white north to generate any demand. And I'll just keep hauling my sled in my truck to avoid the traffic jams that happen in any popular spot after the first few guys park like idiots.

Honestly I am impressed with 4 year warranty on sleds. The fact that none of my bikes come with as much as 24 hour warranty lol makes me irritated as a new 300 TPI Husqvarna is near $10,000 for a little frame and two wheels with a little single two stroke yet we can get multiple years on much more machine that proportionally isn’t a heck of a lot more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd bet that bike runs a lot longer without issue and parts are way cheaper, and it's not being held at 100% throttle and 100% load for 5/10/20 minutes on end to make a hill. I still have a 96 WXC 360 in my garage and the last time it got a top-end was 06. It's hammered now, but it comes out to play whenever guys tell me "those 2t can't make torque". When it hole-shots their 450 they have a big let-down. I've yet to do anything other than maintenance on my 16 300, but I really only bought it because parts don't exist for the old 360 anymore.

Would be really cool of them to at least offer a 6 month warranty on the enduro models so you could ride it for a summer and get some help if it's a lemon.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Would be really cool of them to at least offer a 6 month warranty on the enduro models so you could ride it for a summer and get some help if it's a lemon.
My YZ250X came with a 30 day warranty, it does seem like they could make them a little longer. But with that said I haven't had a single issue in 3yrs so I wouldn't have needed it anyways.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Not all of use want to run enclosed trailers and carry a drum of race gas. There is 1 gas station here in a town of 60k can you actually buy race gas. They have 5 gallon cans of VP110 for $15/gallon. Next town over 150 miles away I can find 2 dealers for VP. Same silly prices. There is no racecar scene in the great white north to generate any demand. And I'll just keep hauling my sled in my truck to avoid the traffic jams that happen in any popular spot after the first few guys park like idiots.

I'd bet that bike runs a lot longer without issue and parts are way cheaper, and it's not being held at 100% throttle and 100% load for 5/10/20 minutes on end to make a hill. I still have a 96 WXC 360 in my garage and the last time it got a top-end was 06. It's hammered now, but it comes out to play whenever guys tell me "those 2t can't make torque". When it hole-shots their 450 they have a big let-down. I've yet to do anything other than maintenance on my 16 300, but I really only bought it because parts don't exist for the old 360 anymore.

I get what you're saying. My current Polaris has 2 settings. One setting if you are giving it the goods, 91 ethanol free, and another setting for all other garbage gas. Maybe they could just add in another setting and make it really hard to get to that is for like 93 ethanol free or something like that.

Just trying to come up with some way they might have of keeping me happy and you as well.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They will come with a dummy proof, warrantied turbo just like doo has done. That is what aftermarket is for if you aren't happy. Nothing wrong with wanting more. Just don't expect a warranty. Everyone wanted lightweight and doo gave it to them. Then all you heard was it was going to total if it hit a pinecone. Now everyone is getting a turbo, from the factory with warranty, which most thought would never happen and it's not enough.

M

mchilcutt

Dec 24, 2007
My guess is it will be a factory low boost 800 or 850 6-9 lbs (depending on elevation) 190' ish HP sled with warranty that will run amazing, no det on 91 octane with or without ethanol.

And Dont be thinking boondockers current 850 turbo kits when your having this discussion.

No race gas needed period. they would never require that. also Polaris cant put something out that would require 91 non eth becuase its just not available enough and cost to much per gallon for most of us anyway.

Just my 2 cents

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Here's my guess:

Matryx RMK
*Narrower bodywork will allow for 2" narrower ski stance
*Sled will be higher out of the snow - following the progression of Pro-Ride --> AXYS.
*Short Tunnel
*QD2 / Series 8 track carries forward
*800 goes away. No 850 Turbo
*Khaos continues

Want but Doubt:
Khaos shocks available on a Pro

J
Nov 25, 2019
A friend bought a 21 kaos 163, qd2 this season and broke the drive shaft sometime around the start of jan. The other day the dealership made him an offer to take back his sled and offer him a new sled. They offered him what they said would be the equivalent sled with the new chassis but not the turbo.

really hoping he’s being honest.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Race gas is a PITA, especially when traveling. And you and I both know good and damn well there would be a line out the door at every dealer of guys wanting a new motor after running straight pump.
We will NEVER see a factory sled that requires anything but pump gas.
I can confirm this.
“Everything we’ve been asking for and more”

Will be lots of 2021 sleds for sale soon..........
Just depends on price. I’m still walkin bull legged after my 21 Kahos. And I’m still hoping Polaris can get her to run a little cleaner. You would think the 3rd year of the 850 that **** would be dialed. Just imagine how ****ty the 22 might run if she really is a turbin

Premium Features