• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What’s Next?

J
Nov 25, 2019
Stellar dealer
Yes and no.

When the shaft broke the bottom qd2 sprocket damaged the mounting plate for the qd. They’ve been waiting for a month to get glue to put it back together. Another friend found glue at the next closest dealer and picked it up. Now the dealer has been waiting 2 weeks for an applicator gun....... Local lordco said they could get the gun over night.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yes and no.

When the shaft broke the bottom qd2 sprocket damaged the mounting plate for the qd. They’ve been waiting for a month to get glue to put it back together. Another friend found glue at the next closest dealer and picked it up. Now the dealer has been waiting 2 weeks for an applicator gun....... Local lordco said they could get the gun over night.

Pathetic........

F

FirstAscent

Feb 25, 2021
West Coast
I want them to add their new 7s display to the RMK line-up :) which I'm guessing would only happen if they go to the matryx chassis.

Steinegal

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2013
My guess/wishlist:
-Shorter Tunnel (mostly confirmed)
-New tunnel design that is lighter and has better cooling (Think they will save some weight here to bring the 850 down to Axys 800 weight)
-Stiffer and lighter front chassis
-Nonslip drivers as a remedy for failed driveshaft
-No turbo this year

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Here's my guess:

Matryx RMK
*Narrower bodywork will allow for 2" narrower ski stance
*Sled will be higher out of the snow - following the progression of Pro-Ride --> AXYS.
*Short Tunnel
*QD2 / Series 8 track carries forward
*800 goes away. No 850 Turbo
*Khaos continues

Want but Doubt:
Khaos shocks available on a Pro

I'd add some kind of SHOT-type starter to this list too.

Last edited:

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
There is a place in the market for polaris to take advantage of........ (specifically oem pump gas at 180-190 hp with the ability to tune it to 220-230 on a racegas mix)

The doo factory turbo can only flow 4.5 ish lbs of boost. (Silber stage 3 tune gets you this at sea level)

After that you are looking at swapping the unit.
Can they only get that orrrr is that all they are doing for now? They may/probably have more in it that they will release in later years to keep buyers buying.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Im not joe mechanic. So the turbo is limited and can't be tweaked, or computer changed, for more boost?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Airflow through the turbo is limited by actual turbo size.

My post above referenced the Silber reflash which bumps the boost up to 4.5 psi which is max. (This means changing the computer)

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I would really rather not see Polaris go to a fancy gauge. The best thing Polaris ever did was to adopt the motto "keep it simple, make it light, make it work" at least in the mountains that was their motto anyway. A fancy pants gauge doesn't seem to fit in with that motto that is what has made them great the last 10 years.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I would really rather not see Polaris go to a fancy gauge. The best thing Polaris ever did was to adopt the motto "keep it simple, make it light, make it work" at least in the mountains that was their motto anyway. A fancy pants gauge doesn't seem to fit in with that motto that is what has made them great the last 10 years.
Yeah I'm surprised how many people didn't go for the PIDD gauge and now they are bringing out another fancier one. There's only one rider in our group of regulars that has the PIDD. I think you have to have the 7s to get the infinitely adjustable handwarmers which is very high on my wife's wish list.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The fancy gauge will be an option, don’t want, don’t get it.

I don’t think the “make it light, make it simple, make it work” has to apply to the gauge. Having mapping/tracking features, topo, and other convenient features like an altimeter and code reading is exactly that- convenient. I am a sucker for simplicity, but have ordered PIDD on my last 2 sleds, and for sure would get the 7S if I were to snowcheck.

Now... that said, I haven’t been around the 7s, but I would expect that it doesn’t ad any significant weight, it should be simple to operate, and it should work well, all of the time.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yeah I'm surprised how many people didn't go for the PIDD gauge and now they are bringing out another fancier one. There's only one rider in our group of regulars that has the PIDD. I think you have to have the 7s to get the infinitely adjustable handwarmers which is very high on my wife's wish list.

After having a pidd which I bought on a used sled I really like it.

I dunno if I would pay the extra at snowcheck time but shopping used it is definitely a plus.

Premium Features