• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx RMK

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Is it just me? Or did every sled in the Matryx platform GAIN weight vs their Axys sisters?
I really wanted a 650 RMK Matryx with the QD2 and series 8...
Maybe next year :)

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
How sure are we that the next gen RMK is going to be a matryx? Could matryx be a dedicated trail/cross platform? Seems pretty much pointless absent something big we don't know about (maybe turbo?). Who cares about increased wind protection/deflection on a mountain sled. Otherwise we are talking about a face lift. It also looks like the hood would not shed snow well due to the shape of the side panels and how they sort of flare up.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Ski doo went up in weight from 09 on to many warranty claims. Could we see Polaris doing the same looks likely.
It's disappointing.

C
Nov 29, 2008
How sure are we that the next gen RMK is going to be a matryx? Could matryx be a dedicated trail/cross platform? Seems pretty much pointless absent something big we don't know about (maybe turbo?). Who cares about increased wind protection/deflection on a mountain sled. Otherwise we are talking about a face lift. It also looks like the hood would not shed snow well due to the shape of the side panels and how they sort of flare up.
Body panels are 4"+ narrower ... Looks like engine is moved inboard slightly and exhaust is tighter so 2"+ on each side ..how much of a gain this translates to as stock Axys with react front end is pretty nimble ...at some point a single ski would prove preferable to a very narrow 2 ski set up. Would be great to see some testing on alternative front ends to see where the limits are ...next brand new sled for me will likely be either a factory snowbike style that is simpler, more powerful and lighter than a bike kit (if ever developed) or an electric sled that matches my Axys...till then I'll probably stay with current setup.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
They could lose some weight with the next RMK by cutting out those lousy footholds. A lightweight starting system like Doo's SHOT would be cool too.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Body panels are 4"+ narrower ... Looks like engine is moved inboard slightly and exhaust is tighter so 2"+ on each side ..how much of a gain this translates to as stock Axys with react front end is pretty nimble ...at some point a single ski would prove preferable to a very narrow 2 ski set up. Would be great to see some testing on alternative front ends to see where the limits are ...next brand new sled for me will likely be either a factory snowbike style that is simpler, more powerful and lighter than a bike kit (if ever developed) or an electric sled that matches my Axys...till then I'll probably stay with current setup.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
A single ski setup will panel out way earlier than 2 skis setup. You'll just slip on your plastics in sidehill.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Do you think Polaris will add a front cooler to the next RMK Pro if they chop the tunnel, to add back some cooling, especially with the new 2.75 lug track?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
They did figure out an alternative to SHOT, surprisingly. I thought it would be impossible with semi-direct, but they rock the crank back and forth to push the fuel into the cylinder. It'll be out in 2022, likely along with the removable battery/key for the first start of the day. I'm also guessing mountain sleds will have a tether and no standard key. You didn't hear this from me.

No front cooler needed, just a finned design for more efficient cooling. Their current cooling setup didn't have much thought put into it...

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
On the 650 I think you'll have a choice of the 2.6 or 2.75 in a 155 only..
I'd go the 2.75 myself, if it comes to pass

Premium Features