• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 sled weigh off

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
New Poo has some impressive numbers. Does it come with the belt drive and monotube shocks or whatever they said or are those extra?

EDIT: Looked it up and it appears they do come like that. 2 gallons more fuel in the Poo and weighs 40 less? Balsa wood?

Last edited:

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
dang...poo 850 is 40lbs lighter than doo with a bigger gas tank, and doesn't smoke belts..

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure we can be certain on the belt life yet. Hopefully the oversquare setup has less vibration and is easier on belts, but for now we only have Polaris's word on it. Not that I don't wish I'd had $15k to burn back in March...

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
I wish they could have used a x model because they are lighter and would have not had shot and also road each sled in over the hood deep snow for a hour and then weighed them all. That would be a good real world on the hill weight test

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
I wish they could have used a x model because they are lighter and would have not had shot and also road each sled in over the hood deep snow for a hour and then weighed them all. That would be a good real world on the hill weight test

Shot is only 2-3lbs over regular pull start.

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
I'll be giving them a good look over the next couple years.. then when my warranty is up I'll make a decision. Very impressive work on the weight by Polaris!

I had it narrowed down between 165 X and 163 Patriot and I went with Doo as I have one currently. Buddy got a 163 Patriot..I’ll let you know just how much that 40lbs matters.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
snowest weighed a 2017 g4 165x3 full wet and was 536lbs...why does a 2019 154x2.5 weigh 17lbs more?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I had it narrowed down between 165 X and 163 Patriot and I went with Doo as I have one currently. Buddy got a 163 Patriot..I’ll let you know just how much that 40lbs matters.

Not one bit if Polaris cannot deliver the sled. Or if when it is delivered there is a recall so that it can not be released to customer.
;) Love stirring the pot. One buddy's sled has been "shipped" three times now, it never was. Other buddy sled is sitting at dealership waiting for a fuel pump. If there was snow, I am pretty sure that 40 pounds wouldn't make one bit of a difference.
Good vid, would have been nice to compare apples to apples a bit more, but it is true that SP/X models don't compare to Snowcheck/in season Poos as far as shock packages.
Be neat to see a "best of the line" weigh off. Lightest 154 Doo vs 155 Poo vs 153 Alpha/Mt Cat.

Premium Features