• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Soggy Butt Syndrome (SBS)

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Anyone try the Fly snowbike pants?

Finally got two good days in with the Fly pants. The snow here is around seat depth right now, so it's all you can do to keep your helmet from filling up! Good problem to have...

The temperatures are colder than normal (single digits to mid teens) so even when sitting for long periods, the snow on the seat is not melting very much. Will have to see how they perform when the more typical temps return.

First impression is great. Very comfortable, not restrictive, the gaitors work well to stay attached to my boots and keep from riding up (very important when you are only 5-9 and the snow is over nut depth.) They are warmer than I had expected them to be. Even with the insulation removed, there is a silky liner that adds a layer. I don't generally get cold, so I prefer to just have a waterproof shell with one layer of technical layering underneath. Nike dry-fit is my personal preference. These bibs are definitely warmer than the Sled Necks pants they are replacing. Due to the depth of the snow, I did not open the vents. Maybe I'll try that today.

For the investment, I am very happy so far.

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
Klim havoc pants leaking Water after only 60 rides.
Hmmmmm. "Only" 60 rides? Thats about 3 seasons of riding for a lot of people. If you ride for a living, as a guide or whatever,5 days a week,thats one full season. By that time they're gonna be stinky and dirty and shredded anyway.You must do a helluvalot of riding. Thanks for filling us in that they're junk.

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just a little side note -- we run snow deflectors over the open section of the track to keep the snow from hitting the hot pipe. This dramatically reduces the steam coming from the muffler and pipe and also helps with SBS. Steam is much harder on Gortex than snow or even water.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Any new development in gear for prevention of SBS, soggy butt?

What did klim do to make there seat tougher?

The abrasion between my pants and the bike seat is something else.
Way more than on my snowmobile seat.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Klim havoc.

If you think they are too much money, just wait till you’ve bought 3 other pairs of junk (motorfist etc) first, and then have to buy em anyhow bc they are the only ones that work. I ride ~40 days a year and they are the only ones I’ve found that hold up

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Klim havoc.

If you think they are too much money, just wait till you’ve bought 3 other pairs of junk (motorfist etc) first, and then have to buy em anyhow bc they are the only ones that work. I ride ~40 days a year and they are the only ones I’ve found that hold up

I am about to buy my third pair of klim havocs. I get two years out of them and then the third year is questionable. This is year three on my second pair. I have 8 to 10 amazon stick on patches on them, most of the seams are failing and there is a hole in the bottom of one pocket. Still. Seems like they are the best option so probably about to drop another $450.

M
Jan 14, 2004
A buddy of mine did that for a few seasons, worked not bad but they weighed a ton by the end of the day.

M5

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
There has to be a good way to make a durable waterproof butt.
I think it wouldn't even need to be breathable if its just the butt area.

I've got a dry suit that keeps water out while I sit on my ass in the raft, but I suppose its less abrasive than sliding around on a bike seat.

P
Nov 30, 2013
I just picked up a KLIM Scout Onezie. Apparently modeleld off the Havoc bibs so hoping to get a couple seasons maybe...?

Wont hold my breath but would be nice if they work better than the Ripsa gear I just thrashed.

A
Nov 14, 2017
I just picked up a KLIM Scout Onezie. Apparently modeleld off the Havoc bibs so hoping to get a couple seasons maybe...?

Wont hold my breath but would be nice if they work better than the Ripsa gear I just thrashed.
Where did you order from? I am not seeing stock anywhere on the Scout

Premium Features