• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HPS can

K
Nov 25, 2016
I see the hps cans are available now. Got a text rexburg has them in stock. Any body tried one yet? Website claims a 5hp gain.

B
Nov 3, 2016
Just ordered one so it should be here this week. I'm not counting on 5 hp gain but they do make a good product. Will get back after I run it.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
HPS Quality + performance

If you desire the best aftermarket mufflers buy a HPS. They have no peer in this aftermarket arena.

For the 2017 SkiDoo Gen 4 they have out done themselves. Performance, lightweight, exceptional fit & finish. Plus install instructions which is up and running on their website..... hpsusa.net ...... Product page, (Gen 4 850).

Lets talk about performance. I am hearing reports of the 850 fading to 7500 rpm on a > 30 second pull wot. With the only change to HPS, there is no fade. The added 5 hp midrange keeps you right in the sweetspot - 7950.
The specs:
-9.9 lbs,
+5 HP (mid range 7200 rpm), +3 HP (top end 7950 rpm).
When run against a stock 850 At elevation 8500 +.) the difference is VERY apparent !! ����

Check out the website video for install directions.

Order your HPS, Hurry they are flying off the shelves for a reason !

Ride hard, ride HPS ��

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
30 second WOT? Only time I do that is when I'm doing Burandt's famous pin and wiggle lol There is nothing in the USA you need to be pinned that long :face-icon-small-dis

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
30 second WOT? Only time I do that is when I'm doing Burandt's famous pin and wiggle lol There is nothing in the USA you need to be pinned that long :face-icon-small-dis

No 30+ second climbs for you?? I would think there would be in your area, I know of several here in Colorado.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
I've run the HPS cans on my XM's, had very good luck with them also with my Trygstad 872. Should have the one I ordered for my 850 later next week, excited to get my hands on it.

K
Nov 25, 2016
Got mine put on last night, If you have a 14mm tap run it through the probe threads first. Mine were not in good shape from the ceramic coating I think.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
If you desire the best aftermarket mufflers buy a HPS. They have no peer in this aftermarket arena.

For the 2017 SkiDoo Gen 4 they have out done themselves. Performance, lightweight, exceptional fit & finish. Plus install instructions which is up and running on their website..... hpsusa.net ...... Product page, (Gen 4 850).

Lets talk about performance. I am hearing reports of the 850 fading to 7500 rpm on a > 30 second pull wot. With the only change to HPS, there is no fade. The added 5 hp midrange keeps you right in the sweetspot - 7950.
The specs:
-9.9 lbs,
+5 HP (mid range 7200 rpm), +3 HP (top end 7950 rpm).
When run against a stock 850 At elevation 8500 +.) the difference is VERY apparent !! ����

Check out the website video for install directions.

Order your HPS, Hurry they are flying off the shelves for a reason !

Ride hard, ride HPS ��

So a can is curing a heatsoak or clutching issue? Interesting. And total crap. When you get product for free, you are supposed to sell it. Not oversell it. Everyone knows that HPS makes the best cans, and you pay for it. But cans do not make horsepower, they make sleds lighter. And louder. Your post cheapens HPS reputation.

B
Apr 4, 2008
NW MT
Got a couple rides on broke in 850 with new HPS. Been running their stuff for years. Very quiet. Dropped a clicker. Great fit and finish. As usual, nice product.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
So a can is curing a heatsoak or clutching issue? Interesting. And total crap. When you get product for free, you are supposed to sell it. Not oversell it. Everyone knows that HPS makes the best cans, and you pay for it. But cans do not make horsepower, they make sleds lighter. And louder. Your post cheapens HPS reputation.

Interesting comments, and totally wrong on all accounts. Sounds like you have an agenda.

Pretty sad that someone who was around in the beginning of this forum and has always held manufacturers toes to the fire because I cannot stand it when we as snowmobilers get ripped off on products that don't work, have to see your kind of pitiful response when I offer information to those that want to get the best product they can for their money. But you carry on cupcake.

Last edited:
E
Jan 8, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I have been itching to pull the trigger on an HPS can and thanks to these reviews ill be getting one. A buddy got the MBRP Race but i dont really like it i ran one on my XM so id like to try something new.

This is what the MBRP is like.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RMrNel8yVKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

E
Jan 8, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I have been itching to pull the trigger on an HPS can and thanks to these reviews ill be getting one. A buddy got the MBRP Race but i dont really like it i ran one on my XM so id like to try something new.

This is what the MBRP is like.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RMrNel8yVKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does anyone know a place to buy the HPS Can in canada? Even better would be alberta. Just wondering if it would be cheaper than the $600CAD or so it would be to get it direct from them after shipping and exchange rates... thank you.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
Got a chance to ride my 850 with new HPS can. As usual great quality with great sound, dropped clicker one position from stock can setting.

Premium Features