• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brace kits still needed :(

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
The "Bulkhead" is the "Foundation" the entire chassis is built / based off of. So hence "Ill Conceived Chassis" stands. IMO

There is no way they did adequate R&D when the sway bar binds and Torques the Bulkhead with enough stress to explode (within it's range of travel). Additionally; There is no way they did any accurate FEA of the chassis, when it disintegrates even without hitting anything solid (a glancing blow to one ski should not total a sled, period / regardless). Bottoming one shock out should not end in a totaled sled either. Because that typically happens a dozen times a day in the mountains (sidehilling, jumping, off camber approaches and departures).

They could have made it bullet proof without any additional weight penalty if they had really looked at the real / actual stress forces and distributed those forces correctly thru out the castings. And of course eliminate the binding and torquing as the suspension travels.

Enjoy your sleds!

Good play of words there, calling the s and e mods the chassis. That would mean, in your opinion, that Polaris has the strongest chassis which we all know isn't even close to true. The s mod is one component to the chassis, just like Polaris' weak azz tunnel and weak arms are just one part of their chassis.

The s and e mod need redesigned, not the chassis. Obviously the arms and tunnel are quite strong and they also are a part of the chassis.

Savy?

Last edited:

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Good play of words there, calling the s and e mods the chassis. That would mean, in your opinion, that Polaris has the strongest chassis which we all know isn't even close to true. The s mod is one component to the chassis, just like Polaris' weak azz tunnel and weak arms are just one part of their chassis.

The s and e mod need redesigned, not the chassis. Obviously the arms and tunnel are quite strong and they also are a part of the chassis.

Savy?

I agree that the s mod and e mod are a component of the chassis, but one could argue that they are the most critical component of a chassis yeah? More so critical than the set of arms or tunnel that bolt to it?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I agree that the s mod and e mod are a component of the chassis, but one could argue that they are the most critical component of a chassis yeah? More so critical than the set of arms or tunnel that bolt to it?

More critical than the tunnel? Whatever.

Lol.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The Glue does indeed work, when designed and executed correctly!

Because that worked so good for Polaris, right?:face-icon-small-hap

Actually it does, for their bulkhead and other chassis parts. It would have worked for the A-arms, if they hadn't F'd up the glue's ratio and hadn't forgot to do the appropriate pre-glue prep; and driveshafts too, if their quality control people would have caught the out of tolerance problem and rejected the mis-machined ones.

Whatever you currently are driving; is largely glued together. Any airplane that you have flown on in the last decade; is glued together. If you have a quality enclosed trailer; the wall panels are glued together. I'd put money on the G-4's new tunnel cooler design being glued together as well!

The list is long;

You own both Brands, why all the anti-Polaris Hate?

Guess You're just a Troll

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Actually it does, for their bulkhead and other chassis parts. It would have worked for the A-arms, if they hadn't F'd up the glue's ratio and hadn't forgot to do the appropriate pre-glue prep; and driveshafts too, if their quality control people would have caught the out of tolerance problem and rejected the mis-machined ones.

Whatever you currently are driving; is largely glued together. Any airplane that you have flown on in the last decade; is glued together. If you have a quality enclosed trailer; the wall panels are glued together. I'd put money on the G-4's new tunnel cooler design being glued together as well!

The list is long;

Lmao. Don't get all offended/defensive. I'm just trolling the troll. Haha. You come troll the doo section and expect people to not dish it back?

You've got to be sh!tting me on the glue that's used in everything that we use every day. I had no fawkin clue. Lmao. Jk

I actually haven't even ridden my axys for more than a few minutes at a time yet because it's been in and out of the shop for several weeks. It's had a bogging/low power issue. So I'm not exactly all pumped about the POS. Hopefully this last trip to the dealer finally got it fixed but if it didn't then they say I need a whole new wiring harness. I sure hope not. I haven't made a big deal about the problems I've had with it, but now that you call me out, you know why I feel the way I do. If it needs a new harness I'm selling it once it's fixed and will be buying another doo. It sucks cuz I really like the axys chassis but damn, I'm sick of not being able to ride it, and it's not the only axys I know of that's been having a lot of electrical issues. So it's just a pick your poison situation. I'll take the sled that actually runs when I want it to.

Last edited:

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
I actually haven't even ridden my axys for more than a few minutes at a time yet because it's been in and out of the shop for several weeks. It's had a bogging/low power issue. So I'm not exactly all pumped about the POS. Hopefully this last trip to the dealer finally got it fixed but if it didn't then they say I need a whole new wiring harness. I sure hope not. I haven't made a big deal about the problems I've had with it, but now that you call me out, you know why I feel the way I do. If it needs a new harness I'm selling it once it's fixed and will be buying another doo. It sucks cuz I really like the axys chassis but damn, I'm sick of not being able to ride it, and it's not the only axys I know of that's been having a lot of electrical issues. So it's just a pick your poison situation. I'll take the sled that actually runs when I want it to.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet your Axys made it off the hill under its own power unlike this 850... I guess POS is all a matter of prospective.

IMG_1448.jpg

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Ouch! What happened, anymore to the story?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the details. Sled is owned by a friend of a friend.

B
Feb 18, 2009

The list is long;

Sounds like you are troll!

B
Feb 18, 2009
I actually haven't even ridden my axys for more than a few minutes at a time yet because it's been in and out of the shop for several weeks. It's had a bogging/low power issue. So I'm not exactly all pumped about the POS. Hopefully this last trip to the dealer finally got it fixed but if it didn't then they say I need a whole new wiring harness. I sure hope not. I haven't made a big deal about the problems I've had with it, but now that you call me out, you know why I feel the way I do. If it needs a new harness I'm selling it once it's fixed and will be buying another doo. It sucks cuz I really like the axys chassis but damn, I'm sick of not being able to ride it, and it's not the only axys I know of that's been having a lot of electrical issues. So it's just a pick your poison situation. I'll take the sled that actually runs when I want it to.

I'll bet your Axys made it off the hill under its own power unlike this 850... I guess POS is all a matter of prospective.

That is hysterical that you call out an 850 engine problem considering Polaris couldn't make reliable 800 for about a decade! Sounds like they may have finally solved their engine issues with is great news for Polaris owners. This is the first production year of the 850 and first major engine issue I have heard of I would say the new 850 is looking really good so far!

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
That is hysterical that you call out an 850 engine problem considering Polaris couldn't make reliable 800 for about a decade! Sounds like they may have finally solved their engine issues with is great news for Polaris owners. This is the first production year of the 850 and first major engine issue I have heard of I would say the new 850 is looking really good so far!

What is hysterical is taking a thread about the 850 and trying to turn it into a Polaris hate thread.

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
Just stopped at the dealer to grab some oil and started bullsh##ing about the new sled..they have 3 gen4's in the shop with broken bulkheads and one with a blown up chaincase..:face-icon-small-con

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
For those curious as to how skidoo sealed the heat exchanger to the tunnel.

Skidoo used a process NASA uses on space craft. Named Friction Stir Welding.
As it supposedly is the only weld that will not leak from pressurized atmosphere to vacuum of space.

https://youtu.be/m3pOe8gk0Jo

L
Mar 8, 2008
I'll bet your Axys made it off the hill under its own power unlike this 850... I guess POS is all a matter of prospective.[/QUOTE]

That is no 8 fiddy engine:)

Last edited:
B
Feb 18, 2009
What is hysterical is taking a thread about the 850 and trying to turn it into a Polaris hate thread.

Maybe you don't understand English well or just not real smart? Clearly I said Polaris figured out their engine issues so not sure how you would read this as trying to turn this into a Polaris hate thread. You are the alternate brand guy trolling the arch rival's thread so maybe think about what you post before making stupid claims!

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY

I'll bet your Axys made it off the hill under its own power unlike this 850... I guess POS is all a matter of prospective.[/QUOTE]

Lol. It has to first make it up the hill before it can make it off the hill. And I'm pretty sure that isn't an 850 engine. But hey. Good try.

Premium Features