• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

> > > Winter Project: An Alaskan Backcountry Documentary (Updated 1-23-14)

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
So am I understanding this right, they want money to produce a film about backcountry snowmobilers. The teaser isn't working:(

I'll give a 1,000 bucks if I get to be in it.

Yikes, i hope the teaser is working, we don't have time for that!

I'm not sure what link you tried but I just tried the one on winterproject.net and it worked.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Update
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/78782613?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=ff6600" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/78782613">Winter Project Kickstarter Update #2</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/hybridcolor">HYBRID COLOR FILMS</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Winter project: I got your back
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/79439605?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=ff6600" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="250" width="500"></iframe> WINTER PROJECT - I GOT YOUR BACK from HYBRID COLOR FILMS on Vimeo.

Finally our Story
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/79281635?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=ff6600" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="250" width="500"></iframe> WINTER PROJECT from HYBRID COLOR FILMS on Vimeo.

I
Nov 26, 2007
If that were the case they would be much closer to the needed funds. As they have mentioned about ten riders to date. Should be over $100,000 were that the case.

The pro riders in the film are paid to be in it, if anyone else wants to be in it there's a 10k donation package.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
If that were the case they would be much closer to the needed funds. As they have mentioned about ten riders to date. Should be over $100,000 were that the case.

Haha, so true, we wouldn't even need kickstarter! We wish!

The pro riders in the film are paid to be in it, if anyone else wants to be in it there's a 10k donation package.

Yeah Mike, we have something for everyone on our kickstarter. We were hoping people would see merit and be onboard with some change in snowmachine films that will hopefully transpire into a positive spotlight into the sport we all love. So we have packages for everyone from the individuals who are interested in our film for various reasons, corporate sponsors, and also that 10k package was added for the people that wouldn't other wise have access into the backcountry and want to be apart of an exciting film.

Truth be known, we have more riders lined up for this film - all of which are Alaskan riders but for the sake of our kickstarter we tried to keep things as clean and simple as we could. We also didn't want to get anymore elaborate than we already have because 110% of our energy is going into get this funded first.

We hope this message finds everyone having a great weekend!

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Trending progress report

HUGE HUGE thank you to everyone that has supported us! We still have a battle the next two weeks but we are grateful to all of those that have helped us get this far!

picture.php

I
Nov 26, 2007
Haha, so true, we wouldn't even need kickstarter! We wish!

Yeah Mike, we have something for everyone on our kickstarter. We were hoping people would see merit and be onboard with some change in snowmachine films that will hopefully transpire into a positive spotlight into the sport we all love. So we have packages for everyone from the individuals who are interested in our film for various reasons, corporate sponsors, and also that 10k package was added for the people that wouldn't other wise have access into the backcountry and want to be apart of an exciting film.

Truth be known, we have more riders lined up for this film - all of which are Alaskan riders but for the sake of our kickstarter we tried to keep things as clean and simple as we could. We also didn't want to get anymore elaborate than we already have because 110% of our energy is going into get this funded first.

We hope this message finds everyone having a great weekend!

I hope you guys make your goal, I've loved everything hcf has made so far. I half expected chad to throw down for the 10k make the cut package :D

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
I hope you guys make your goal, I've loved everything hcf has made so far. I half expected chad to throw down for the 10k make the cut package :D

Thanks man we appreciate it!

Chad was actually the first company to back us, he pledged 5k - we were pumped on multiple levels!!! We've asked a ton of companies to join our team and have been getting positive responses but a good portion of them usually include statements about tight budgets and such.... so to have a small shop like chads on-board speaks volumes to us.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska

When are you or any of your Yamaha girlfriends gonna write a check Mike, you big baller you? Or will that cut into your helicopter budget? Or your wedding budget? :D

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Backers

$73,668
pledged of $140,000 goal

days to go

Only $66,332to go!

Come on SnoWesters.
Lets help these guys make a movie about our sport!

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Pledged my 70$ today... good to see a local Soldotna kid continuing the dream. I used to ride with Cory's dad back in the day. Great family from a great place in Alaska. Hoping for some caribou hills footage Cory.... I'm sure there will be plenty of lost Lake stuff! Look forward to following the journey.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Pledge $5 or more
10 backers
THANK YOU PACKAGE:
Official WINTER PROJECT updates and our eternal gratitude. Basically this is the digital equivalent of buying us a brew - we greatly appreciate it - cheers!

Pledge $25 or more
26 backers
DIGITAL COPY PACKAGE:
An official DIGITAL DOWNLOAD of WINTER PROJECT and a thank you on our website.

Pledge $35 or more
40 backers
DVD PACKAGE:
An official DVD of WINTER PROJECT and you will receive the updates, the digital download, and a thank you on the project website. (See project description for international shipping list)

Pledge $45 or more
17 backers
POSTER PACKAGE:
A special edition WINTER PROJECT POSTER exclusively available to kickstarter backers and you will receive everything from the $35 reward level. (See project description for international shipping list)
Estimated delivery: Oct 2014
Add $10 USD to ship outside the US

Pledge $55 or more
74 backers
T-SHIRT PACKAGE:
A special edition WINTER PROJECT T-SHIRT exclusively available to kickstarter backers and you will receive everything from the $35 reward level. (See project description for international shipping list)

Pledge $70 or more
20 backers Limited (265 left of 285)
EARLY BIRD HD PACKAGE:
An official BLURAY of WINTER PROJECT, our special edition t-shirt, updates, and a thank you on the project website. (See project description for international shipping list)

Pledge $80 or more
9 backers
HD PACKAGE:
An official BLURAY of WINTER PROJECT, our special edition t-shirt, updates, and a thank you on the project website. (See project description for international shipping list)

Pledge $100 or more
111 backers
BACKER CREDITS RESPECT PACKAGE:
A thank you including your name in the credits at the end of the film for the world to see and everything included in the T-SHIRT PACKAGE. (See project description for international shipping list)

Pledge $250 or more
37 backers Limited (23 left of 60)
AUTOGRAPHED PACKAGE:
This package includes an autographed DVD and POSTER by an X-games medalist. In addition to that we will be sending you the kickstarter edition TSHIRT. You will also receive a special thanks in the credits! (See project description for international shipping list)

Pledge $500 or more
12 backers Limited (8 left of 20)
SHOUT-OUT PACKAGE:
This package includes a personalized video message from an X-games medalist and our award winning director. You also receive everything included in the AUTOGRAPHED PACKAGE. You will also receive a special thanks in the credits! (See project description for international shipping list)

Pledge $2,500 or more
1 backer Limited (9 left of 10)
VIP DINNER / WORLD PREMIERE:
This package includes VIP dinner (for two) with an Emmy Award winning team member, the executive producer, and key cast including Cory Davis, Paul Thacker, and others. In addition to the dinner, it includes (2) VIP tickets to the world premiere of WINTER PROJECT that will be held in Anchorage, Alaska. (Airfare and lodging not included)

Pledge $5,000 or more
2 backers Limited (12 left of 14)
SILVER SPONSOR PACKAGE:
Your companies logo placed several places throughout our WINTER PROJECT campaign including: closing credits slate for trailer and film, film poster, on production vehicle wrap (vinyl graphics), and on our partners website. Everything from the HD PACKAGE is also included.

Pledge $10,000 or more
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
BE IN THE FILM / PRODUCER PACKAGE:
You will get to be in our film - it might be riding a sled, it might be in a bar, but nonetheless you will make the final edit. This includes a trip into the Alaska Backcountry with at least one crew member and one of the riders featured in the film! If you do not have a sled we can provide one for you. You will also get a producer credit in association with Hybrid Color Films! On top of that, everything from the HD PACKAGE is also included. (Travel / lodging not included)

Pledge $10,000 or more
2 backers Limited (6 left of 8)
GOLD SPONSOR PACKAGE:
Your companies product placed in our film AND your logo placed several places throughout our WINTER PROJECT campaign including: closing credits slate for trailer and film, film poster, on production vehicle wrap (graphic on vinyl wrap), on production snowmachines, and on our partners website. Everything from the HD PACKAGE and (2) VIP tickets to the world premiere of WINTER PROJECT that will be held in Anchorage, Alaska is also included. (Travel / lodging not included)

Premium Features