• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

> > > Winter Project: An Alaskan Backcountry Documentary (Updated 1-23-14)

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Dumb question; does Kickstart shut off upon reaching the goal or does it allow us to overfund them? Just curiosity on my part and likely others who may get paid early due to the holiday weekend? I hope we are able to overfund them, seems like it would go to a good cause and be put to use properly with those involved in this undertaking. Good luck gentlemen! May Ma' nature smile on your film!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Dumb question; does Kickstart shut off upon reaching the goal or does it allow us to overfund them? Just curiosity on my part and likely others who may get paid early due to the holiday weekend? I hope we are able to overfund them, seems like it would go to a good cause and be put to use properly with those involved in this undertaking. Good luck gentlemen! May Ma' nature smile on your film!

Thats a great question and I honestly don't know.
I would guess if they had MORE MONEY they would buy MORE AIRTIME.

Of all the costs that go into the movie, I would have to guess the HELI time is the biggest single line item cost, AND the one that yields some of the very best shots!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
<table class="wrapper" align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr> <td class="content" style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-TOP: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px"> Project Update #13: $1200 and closing fast!!!

Posted by Hybrid Color Films ♥ Like </td></tr> <tr> <td class="content" style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-TOP: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px"> Just about there!!

</td></tr></tbody></table>

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Thats a great question and I honestly don't know.
I would guess if they had MORE MONEY they would buy MORE AIRTIME.

Of all the costs that go into the movie, I would have to guess the HELI time is the biggest single line item cost, AND the one that yields some of the very best shots!

They can continue to collect and it will go towards making the film that much better!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Icon-Of-Congratulation-.png

WINTER PROJECT IS FULLY FUNDED

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Project Update #16: We kickstarted this! ----> VIDEO UPDATE
Posted by Hybrid Color Films ♥ Like
Hello backers,

Here is a quick video we made about meeting our mark! We've also posted some new stretch goals to see if we can possibly get funding to do an urban segment in our film... check out the video now!

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/80431407?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=ff6600" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="250" width="500"></iframe> WINTER PROJECT - FUNDED! from HYBRID COLOR FILMS on Vimeo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Now that they have made their target of $140K, this is what they will do if they go beyond the 140K mark!!

Backers

$150,619
pledged of $140,000 goal

days to go

<figure>
d84e2bb79d498d055bdfcf4b8a0767ac_large.jpg
</figure>
<figure>
69f2a66d79cb5ac208aa99a1f2c905ef_large.jpg
</figure>

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I just backed it.
I spent 12 years in Alaska riding every chance I could with some of the best riders/people I seen anywhere in the world! I still get e-mails from people all over the world that have traveled to Alaska to snowmobile using the link I built here on Snowest forum in the Alaska section titled "Directions to favorite Alaska riding areas"
This film is going to Rock, there is so much talent in Alaska and so many unbelievable riding areas. Its staring some of the pioneers of the sport and of course the heroes like Paul Thacker that keeps riding despite injury. (the only thing holding Paul back now is kryptonite).
I now wander the lower 48 like a snowmobiling Nomad looking for anything as incredible as Alaska....
God Bless you guys, good luck with your film and watch out for the "Kenai Crazy's"

Premium Features