• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very disappointed in you arctic cat guys

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
You can but we plan on using a titanium infused carbon kevlar weave in the belts just to cover up any problems in the drive train since there will be no real deep snow testing before we sell them, just make sure to break them in. Iceage rails will be stock on the big air models.

do you sell the iceage rails with no cutouts, and if you do, do you recommend minor porting of the track to shed the snow?

also the kevlar carbon belt, will that decrease my rpm?

also will this belt be water cooled similar to the 12 cats??

-Aksnopro

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
For the last time cat did not get rid of Suzuki, they are just going to be manufacturing them here in the states! Cat officials stated that Suzuki will still be part of making cat motors, they still own large shares in cat!

Maybe you're being sarcastic & my meter is broken this am, sorry if that's the case.

Cat bought back all it's shares from Suzuki... a move that was PRAISED by the shareholders... and should have disgusted anyone that cares about having a good motor, as now the ONLY reason to buy a cat will no longer be involved in the production of their motors in any way.

If Suzuki still had shares I'd have much more confidence in the new motor, but that's not the case, and now cat (keep in mind their recent decision making) is on their own, doing it "their" way... which has been working out great for us lately.:sorry:

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
For the last time cat did not get rid of Suzuki, they are just going to be manufacturing them here in the states! Cat officials stated that Suzuki will still be part of making cat motors, they still own large shares in cat!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

Yep sorry HOOCH but you're 100% wrong on this one. Heres a quote from a published article on arcticinsider.com

Dec. 28, 2011-- Arctic Cat Inc. today announced that it has purchased all of Suzuki Motor Corporation’s approximately 6.1 million shares of Arctic Cat Class B common stock for a purchase price of $79.3 million.

They will supply arctic with motors through the 2014 model year, after that its arctic motors.

Heres the link:
http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Arctic-Cat-Buys-Back-Suzukis-Stock-Shares

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Yep sorry HOOCH but you're 100% wrong on this one. Heres a quote from a published article on arcticinsider.com

Dec. 28, 2011-- Arctic Cat Inc. today announced that it has purchased all of Suzuki Motor Corporation’s approximately 6.1 million shares of Arctic Cat Class B common stock for a purchase price of $79.3 million.

They will supply arctic with motors through the 2014 model year, after that its arctic motors.

Heres the link:
http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Arctic-Cat-Buys-Back-Suzukis-Stock-Shares

Yep sorry still don't care you must be a poo supporter, might as well as change your avatar...traitor!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
You accept it... I'm going to fix it. People like you "accepting" mediocrity are the reason the sled is what it is right now in the first place. Because someone said... throw em both in the same sled... it'll be good enough.

No other MFG is doing it, for good reason.

It's a forum about how to make the sleds better... if you like it the way it is... then STFU & go enjoy your awesome sled, nothing to talk about, NO reason for you to be here in the first place.

Maybe I should get the finger paint out & explain THAT to you, since you're clearly to dense to get it.

So sick of the people on this forum that think that they need to defend a MACHINE by attacking people. GO AWAY TROLL.
WHOS ATTACKING WHO i,m not happy that with the way the proclimb ended up, i would have rather seen it narrower and lighter too, if you have constructive ideas how to improve the proclimb feel free to share but every sentance does not have to include my pc sucks and i want a pro, how dare cat trick me into buying a pc. i'M SICK OF EVERY THREAD THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE IMPROVE THEIR RIDE TURN INTO A BASH CAT PRAISE THE PRO. IF I WANTED ONE OF THOSE PIECES OF CHIT I WOULD HAVE BAUGHT ONE.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
First off, if your going to do a major mod like a polcat, you want the '13 or its not really worth it, i e the better boards, belt drive, all those little things that add up and make it work and keeping it light. So since they are still warrantied there wont be many laying around, I would also like to start new so there is no other blame for problems like warn out parts.

The other, it will add weight, just from the engine and cooling alone. i'll have to figure out the balance when I get there, But how much of a diff can you tell full tank or not?

The PC will hold a line easier on hard pack up to the point or where it panels out, if anyone listened I have said it several times, I think its the better sled for the guy that only uses it to that point. For my style and several others around I know, with the M and pro out there the PC is only good up to 80% of what we need in the backcountry.

Let me put it this way, If I knock of the top 20% of what I know, (considering the fact I do know the difference and call that 10% of the 20%) and the other 10% for the top of riders, so from a 80% standpoint I agree with you guys 100% that it is the chiznit, slickest badest thing to hit the snow.
Other than fat kitty isn't my thing and buying belts in bulk sucksssssssssssssssss.

Lets just start there, its heavier than before and Belt issues are worse than a mod m1000, WTF! Lets here your justification.

To the OP, " very disappointed in you arctic cat guys"
Thats odd because some of us are "very disappointed in arctic cat" we held them to higher standards and they failed.
Even if on only one factor of the destructive belt issue alone, there response to this fact is by far one of the worst ever. Even the poo motor has a warranty but we get screwed on belts. There so called fixes are a slap in the face.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WHOS ATTACKING WHO i,m not happy that with the way the proclimb ended up, i would have rather seen it narrower and lighter too, if you have constructive ideas how to improve the proclimb feel free to share but every sentance does not have to include my pc sucks and i want a pro, how dare cat trick me into buying a pc. i'M SICK OF EVERY THREAD THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE IMPROVE THEIR RIDE TURN INTO A BASH CAT PRAISE THE PRO. IF I WANTED ONE OF THOSE PIECES OF CHIT I WOULD HAVE BAUGHT ONE.

Last time I checked AC advertised it as being the new badazz replacement for the M,
but heavier, wider, worse belt issues, less steering, but hey its way better on the bumps and steers easy
And we are supposed to just agree??? chit you better find those crayons I must have missed it.

Notice we arent bashing the 4 stroke, because it is what we expect, yami competition. Over there they are doin great.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I'll tell you one thing, last winter a buddy of mine rented a pro when we were out west. and one day while we were waiting for the rest of the group I rode on one ski on hard pack with the PC and I could have gone forever. My buddy tried it on the poo and he couldn't keep it up, it either wanted to fall down or just tip over. So I figured Id try it on the poo, same thing.. didn't have a "sweet spot" either too much or not enough. Granted hard pack doesnt really show much, but the PC definitely had the better "sweet spot" But of course the know it alls will chime in and completely bash your question CatR, but I figured id give you my personal input.

There is something wrong here, we don't need to here about your buddies personal issues.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Wyo - I would take you up on what you have stated previously except for the fact that even google would break down trying to search what you have said. Lol

Seriously, so you just said the PC holds a line better on hardpack up until a certain point. Panelling out, of course, is a different issue. So what makes for that stability one sled has and another doesnt? Like I've stated ditchbangers usually have great stability on their sides and imo make great boondockers traction and floatation willing.

You've gone down the panel route and raised some limits there. But I am still not believing the stability issue has much to with sharing chassis. Not challenging just thinking out loud.

Note too that another poster said he thought the pc was more stable on hardpack.....

Others join in as wyos keyboard should wearing out eventually.:face-icon-small-ton

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
when sidehilling hardpack you have the edge of ski and track touching the ground.somebody needs to make a bendy edge track so it doesnt wash out.LOL.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wyo - I would take you up on what you have stated previously except for the fact that even google would break down trying to search what you have said. Lol

Seriously, so you just said the PC holds a line better on hardpack up until a certain point. Panelling out, of course, is a different issue. So what makes for that stability one sled has and another doesnt? Like I've stated ditchbangers usually have great stability on their sides and imo make great boondockers traction and floatation willing.

You've gone down the panel route and raised some limits there. But I am still not believing the stability issue has much to with sharing chassis. Not challenging just thinking out loud.

Note too that another poster said he thought the pc was more stable on hardpack.....

Others join in as wyos keyboard should wearing out eventually.:face-icon-small-ton

Go put it on a 50* slope and the pro is stabil, the pc will be rolling to the bottom. So again, how stabil is it.

In stock form, they each have strong points. The suspension on the PC for what it is capable of is the best I've ever seen on a cat or most sleds all together. The pro is a little weird but still effective, it is very light on the skis, the track is close to the skis where it meets the ground if I remember right?? So if you put a 40" set of a arms on the pro and a few suspension tweaks it would be just as easy. Also those stupid skinny skis help on the PC when holding it on one ski going down a rode. So are you sayin you like those dumb skis

So basically what you guys are pointing out is all BS,,
For instance, "Going down the road on one ski" , really poser

spining cookies it works great , poser

I like ape hangers, poser

Difference, yeah I do that chit too so I get it but I also put this thing places that if my insurance company saw would cancel every policy down to renters insurance. Give me some real world info, not hypothetical BS of spinnin donuts. fawk.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Bit**in`. Who`s bit**in. Not me.

I`m officially a Poo troll now LOL. PC`s gone. Being a past bit**cher I thought I might help lol.

So,,,, I thought I would put this Pro-PC comparison in a totally objective Poo owner point of view lol (since you PC owners continue to bicker amongst yourselves, lol).

Rode one last year and didn`t think handling needed a thing changed. So I`m not lol lol lol.

Rode it back to back with the PC and it didn't have the top end power but had plenty of mid pull. I'm real and figured that I don't keep it pinned for more than 5% of my riding (I know, I know real mountain men need turbos) so I'm not changing a thing lol lol lol. Wanna drag lol lol lol?
I didn't even buy extra warranty because I feel so lucky I know i will be I the top 95% lol lol lol.

Weighed it PDIed with tool kit, spare belt (that I will never need) and owners manual lol (sorry about so many lol's but it's how i feel every day when I pick up and drop both ends before I go to bed lol). 429 lol lol lol (where you at CatR, started it up and done the real scale thing yet?).
So I'm leaving it there lol.

Worst issue I have had so far is today. I feel like I should be doing something to make it more "mountainable" (like some other brands). But It doesn't need a thing lol lol lol.
So I think I'll just go out and chop wood and lose more weight lol lol lol.

Anyhow I though you may like to know how to quit bickering amongst yourselves. Just buy the Pro instead of comparing them. You know you want to.

How's that for a first trolling post. Snowmobiler, does it get your approval?

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada

true story ..the first year proclimb seems to be a better backcountry,boondocking,ditch banging,great jump sled.at least the HC is...
see "slednecks 15" many proclimbs/high countrys,very stable and jumps flat.
which is perfect for me.i'm not disappointed with my 2012 proclimb HC at all...FOR MY APPLICATION...it is what they said it would be.
so fast forward to now 2013...all first year proclimbs(2012's) are being fixed,and if yours isn't... time for a new dealer.mine is at my dealer right now getting clutching and a new 2013 TCL...to fix the belt issue!
as for the the second year proclimbs(2013's) most first year glitches have been fixed.....and next year will be even better!
as for the wash out at 50' pitch...nah...i seen it at 60' to 75' before wash

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Go put it on a 50* slope and the pro is stabil, the pc will be rolling to the bottom. So again, how stabil is it.

In stock form, they each have strong points. The suspension on the PC for what it is capable of is the best I've ever seen on a cat or most sleds all together. The pro is a little weird but still effective, it is very light on the skis, the track is close to the skis where it meets the ground if I remember right?? So if you put a 40" set of a arms on the pro and a few suspension tweaks it would be just as easy. Also those stupid skinny skis help on the PC when holding it on one ski going down a rode. So are you sayin you like those dumb skis

So basically what you guys are pointing out is all BS,,
For instance, "Going down the road on one ski" , really poser

spining cookies it works great , poser

I like ape hangers, poser

Difference, yeah I do that chit too so I get it but I also put this thing places that if my insurance company saw would cancel every policy down to renters insurance. Give me some real world info, not hypothetical BS of spinnin donuts. fawk.

So everyone is a poser unless they extreme sidehill? And everyone is full of bs but you dont call names. And you dont get simple logic in troubleshooting but could discuss the most technical engineering aspects of tribology with me?

Dude, you take the cake. Anyway, done with any attempt at discussing handling with you but I will stay tuned to your posts as you talk to yourself. I'm going back to my hypothetical life.lol

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Yep sorry still don't care you must be a poo supporter, might as well as change your avatar...traitor!

Haha I don't support poo, if you saw my garage you would see what I support. I'm just pointing out the facts, and I was joking about the polaris picking up the suzuki.. Cant anyone joke around here anymore? I like cats, poo came up with a nice sled. I wouldn't buy one, but they are nice. I ride cats and support cat, but I cant deny that poo doesnt have a good sled.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO

LOL. Someone points out the facts and instead of admitting your wrong you get mad and call someone a traitor? Jeeze your profile might say your 27 but I'd guess your about 13. When you decide to be a big boy and grow up you can start posting till then perhaps you should get out those legos and build a sled or something.

I hope it isn't just me that sees this as immature. Does the rest of catland agree with this type of crap or what?

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Bit**in`. Who`s bit**in. Not me.

I`m officially a Poo troll now LOL. PC`s gone. Being a past bit**cher I thought I might help lol.

So,,,, I thought I would put this Pro-PC comparison in a totally objective Poo owner point of view lol (since you PC owners continue to bicker amongst yourselves, lol).

Rode one last year and didn`t think handling needed a thing changed. So I`m not lol lol lol.

Rode it back to back with the PC and it didn't have the top end power but had plenty of mid pull. I'm real and figured that I don't keep it pinned for more than 5% of my riding (I know, I know real mountain men need turbos) so I'm not changing a thing lol lol lol. Wanna drag lol lol lol?
I didn't even buy extra warranty because I feel so lucky I know i will be I the top 95% lol lol lol.

Weighed it PDIed with tool kit, spare belt (that I will never need) and owners manual lol (sorry about so many lol's but it's how i feel every day when I pick up and drop both ends before I go to bed lol). 429 lol lol lol (where you at CatR, started it up and done the real scale thing yet?).
So I'm leaving it there lol.

Worst issue I have had so far is today. I feel like I should be doing something to make it more "mountainable" (like some other brands). But It doesn't need a thing lol lol lol.
So I think I'll just go out and chop wood and lose more weight lol lol lol.

Anyhow I though you may like to know how to quit bickering amongst yourselves. Just buy the Pro instead of comparing them. You know you want to.

How's that for a first trolling post. Snowmobiler, does it get your approval?

Geo... You're my hero! lol lol lol

Premium Features