• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very disappointed in you arctic cat guys

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Suzuki laydown in a pro chassis is going to be quite a hack job.. I put together two polaris pros at the dealer yesterday and then put together an M800 and compared. It would be tough to keep the angle of the 800 in the pro bulkhead, since the pro bulkhead is made for a vertical motor, not horizontal/laydown.. whatever you prefer. Sure you can mod the bulkhead to fit the 800 suz. but will you get the angle right for the motor? Not to mention fitting the pipe inside the pro "A" frame.. Might as well just wait another year and see if polaris picks up suzuki since cat bought their shares back..haha.. A lot people around the area seem to think yamaha is going to buy cat, now wouldn't that be a **** show lol. At least if that happened it would give a lot of guys something else to bitch about for a while.

But good news everyone, I finally found a sled that is skinny enough for wyo and it doesn't have a polaris motor, or belt problems and super skinny running boards!

Here you go, the answer to all the problems! :face-icon-small-sho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--H9TvC9mKw

Im being completely and totally sarcastic about the link by the way, for everyone that can't take a joke. :face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
C

CHAOS RACING

Mar 5, 2012
North East
i have allways rode ski-doo , and liked them . but after soo many motor problems i decited to switch to a/c for the 13 season . i knew it wasnt the best sled on the mt ... yet. But the a/c people were always the bigest die-hard guys , seeing this i figured there was a reason why. but now that i have switched all i hear is bitching and moaning. I realize that these proclimbs have problems, but what first year sled/trucks/atv's ect. do-not . being such die-hard guys during the good times , you sure dont seem to stick together during the bad .

Im done venting , but wish switching would have been a exciting experience . Insted im am in no way excited to jump on that m8 this winter

Love mine,,, Im not bitchin! Welcome to riding the best thing on snow. How's that ?? :yo: But I mine better than they did for 2013

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
We all don't have film crews, and yes, don't even bother with POV, the GoPro has become the death of amateur video. However, we all ride with a buddy right? I guess maybe not, you're way more manly than me if you don't ride with a buddy. Just give your buddy your iphone for a minute at the bottom of a steep hill full of trees, and we we'll mostly just hear your sled (because the trees are so thick I assume) until we see you at the top.

Something is better than nothing, and we all have access to a buddy and an iphone.

Try it, never works, then factor in your buddies have to be able to follow or get to where you are, then stay in focus and get close enough if there is no zoom.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
oh and to bring up previous post the M was way easier to side hill to the clutch/DD side. i could do it on the right no problem too but the effort was more.

you even have to add 5 psi to one side of the sled to get it to land/fly strait

i think a lot of the easier to throw to the left theory has to do with the clutch forces spin a gyro in your hand and watch the funny forces your had gets when going up down left and right with it....

-Aksnopro

Well since I had a 3.4lb can on my PC it was the pretty much the same bs

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Wyo, If you stick a cat motor in a pro how is that gonna change the weight, center of gravity and overall handling of the pro chassis?

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Flew across the country today, log in and you guys are still pounding away. No horses left so beat the dead cat.......

Wyo and ak are still defining what constitutes a mountain and now I know that Alaska is so freaking big that two guys might be riding different terrain.:face-icon-small-hap

So what is the chassis difference that makes a mtn sled vs a trail sled? Still stuck on that one. All I know is that some of the best sleds I've ridden in the mountains were modded ditch runners. Stable, balance on edge, flickable, etc. Great at boondocking but weren't the best climbers. Better boondockers than the PC.

And when I say chassis I dont mean running board, skid, ski type. I mean the damn bulkhead and tunnel.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Holy crap do i have to spell it out to you guys in crayon, mayby we could finger paint it . its a fact right now we are going to share a chassis with the four stroke crowd. accept it or move on to a pro and go bug those guys

You accept it... I'm going to fix it. People like you "accepting" mediocrity are the reason the sled is what it is right now in the first place. Because someone said... throw em both in the same sled... it'll be good enough.

No other MFG is doing it, for good reason.

It's a forum about how to make the sleds better... if you like it the way it is... then STFU & go enjoy your awesome sled, nothing to talk about, NO reason for you to be here in the first place.

Maybe I should get the finger paint out & explain THAT to you, since you're clearly to dense to get it.

So sick of the people on this forum that think that they need to defend a MACHINE by attacking people. GO AWAY TROLL.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
So what are the big compromises that cat made in this chassis to accommodate both motors? Heavier build? Maybe. Does it force the 800 to be poorly placed ? Dont think so. Cause suspension geometry changes? I'd be surprised.

Maybe the bigger exchanger was put in last year and the Mg chaincase for sure, but those are being changed or are cheap to change.

What is it then that causes this thread that is proving the op's point? I'm sounding like a broken record, I know......

Question for those that have ridden the poo and pc on hard pack. If you ride each on one ski what is the balance like? Want to see if we can separate panelling out from just balance.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
So what are the big compromises that cat made in this chassis to accommodate both motors? Heavier build? Maybe. Does it force the 800 to be poorly placed ? Dont think so. Cause suspension geometry changes? I'd be surprised.

Maybe the bigger exchanger was put in last year and the Mg chaincase for sure, but those are being changed or are cheap to change.

What is it then that causes this thread that is proving the op's point? I'm sounding like a broken record, I know......

Question for those that have ridden the poo and pc on hard pack. If you ride each on one ski what is the balance like? Want to see if we can separate panelling out from just balance.

I'll tell you one thing, last winter a buddy of mine rented a pro when we were out west. and one day while we were waiting for the rest of the group I rode on one ski on hard pack with the PC and I could have gone forever. My buddy tried it on the poo and he couldn't keep it up, it either wanted to fall down or just tip over. So I figured Id try it on the poo, same thing.. didn't have a "sweet spot" either too much or not enough. Granted hard pack doesnt really show much, but the PC definitely had the better "sweet spot" But of course the know it alls will chime in and completely bash your question CatR, but I figured id give you my personal input.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Well im trying to find a poo carcase to stick a suziki in and i will sponsor wyo to ride it. We will give him a film crew and he will dominate so hard everyone will want one. Then when we get it all figured out we will custom build the proHO's for people with their choice of skid shocks skis boards etc. motor fits just fine if you drop it from the upstairs deck it slips right in and modifies the bulkhead real quick! Then no one will have anything b!tch about because the HO CATPOO will be perfect and snowest will be a ghost forum!

Last edited:
A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Well im trying to find a poo carcase to stick a suziki in and i will sponsor wyo to ride it. We will give him a film crew and he will dominate so hard everyone will want one. Then when we get it all figured out we will custom build the proHO's for people with their choice of skid shocks skis boards etc. motor fits just fine if you drop it from the upstairs deck it slips right in and modifies the bulkhead real quick! Then no one will have anything b!tch about because the HO CATPOO will be perfect and snowest will be a ghost forum!

Someone would bitch because it's red. Or people would argue if it should say polaris or arctic cat on the outside lol. Or it wouldn't be right because "they" didn't do it themselves, or "they" could do it better. haha its a never ending story White Rad! But I do enjoy you bringing some humor to the thread!

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Suzuki laydown in a pro chassis is going to be quite a hack job.. I put together two polaris pros at the dealer yesterday and then put together an M800 and compared. It would be tough to keep the angle of the 800 in the pro bulkhead, since the pro bulkhead is made for a vertical motor, not horizontal/laydown.. whatever you prefer. Sure you can mod the bulkhead to fit the 800 suz. but will you get the angle right for the motor? Not to mention fitting the pipe inside the pro "A" frame.. Might as well just wait another year and see if polaris picks up suzuki since cat bought their shares back..haha.. A lot people around the area seem to think yamaha is going to buy cat, now wouldn't that be a **** show lol. At least if that happened it would give a lot of guys something else to bitch about for a while.

But good news everyone, I finally found a sled that is skinny enough for wyo and it doesn't have a polaris motor, or belt problems and super skinny running boards!

For the last time cat did not get rid of Suzuki, they are just going to be manufacturing them here in the states! Cat officials stated that Suzuki will still be part of making cat motors, they still own large shares in cat!

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
There should be endless burned down pros out there to donate a chassis to the cause and the PCs are so terrible im sure someone will just give us one in hopes that the motor finds a better home...

And to avoid any bitching they will be badged as arcticpoo or poocat to make both camps happy. Stock colors will be pink w brown stripes because everyone loves that combo. In fact brett already said he will leave doo and sign with us if wyo doesnt and snowmobilers gramma just showed up to see if she could help with so much experience on laydowns and makin it fit!

Last edited:
A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
There should be endless burned down pros out there to donate a chassis to the cause and the PCs are so terrible im sure someone will just give us one in hopes that the motor finds a better home...

And to avoid any bitching they will be badged as arcticpoo or poocat to make both camps happy. Stock colors will be pink w brown stripes because everyone loves that combo. In fact brett already said he will leave doo and sign with us if wyo doesnt and snowmobilers gramma just showed up to see if she could help with so much experience on laydowns and makin it fit!

can i test the belts and rails???

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
can i test the belts and rails???

You can but we plan on using a titanium infused carbon kevlar weave in the belts just to cover up any problems in the drive train since there will be no real deep snow testing before we sell them, just make sure to break them in. Iceage rails will be stock on the big air models.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Man, my head is spinning! Real heavy s*** guys. Thanks to those trying to lighten it up. I think if some of you guys met on the hill and didn't know any better, you might actually get along! Whew!

Premium Features