• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

very disappointed in you arctic cat guys

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
OMG.

With all of the different F word references in this thread, SW should just allow 1 F word per post.

Back to you...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
AKsno, you dont ever ride lost lake, carter lake, nellie juan, or eureka? hmm..I do and all have steep/deep/tree riding ..yeah we have areas here without trees..but we also have tons of steep/deep tree riding as well............

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
AKsno, you dont ever ride lost lake, carter lake, nellie juan, or eureka? hmm..I do and all have steep/deep/tree riding ..yeah we have areas here without trees..but we also have tons of steep/deep tree riding as well............

lol i knew you were going to reply, yes i do i ride lost lake a lot never been to carter lake, nellie juan, but eureeka we go to a couple times a year, hunt and sled there we usually only play in the trees when we have to (tops or good areas are all windblown :)

i said "most commonly" just for you AK :)~ :)

around the valley and anchorage most the terrain is treeless past 1000-2000 feet.

i will give alaska credit and say you literally can find any type of riding you want here, the amount of terrain is so vast it would take a lifetime for a guy to say hes rode a 1/4 of it.

just remember you can drive 18 hours and still be in alaska!

but theres no denying, valdez, paxson, turnagain, get a lot more snow each year and dont have trees heres some pics from valdez, paxson, lost lake, and arctic man!

yes you boondockers can get your fix here too.

-Aksnopro

valdez.jpg lostlake.jpg deep snow.jpg lostlake2.jpg deeep.jpg articmanpaxson.jpg

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
AKsp, this is why I continually repeat myself.

I rarelly ride the huge open (avalanche) sidehills and can have just as much fun on a 60* road cut dodging trees or not. Maybe you need to realize something. What does M series stand for,
MOUNTAIN SERIES and it will do things the PC wont
and the PC
PRO-CLIMB and it will out climb a M, as long as its more or less a straight line. Well since around 05-07 when you could make almost any sled go straight up if you wanted the mountain riding style changed dramatically (even though some where always sidehilling) to all around backcountry riding.
So since the M is a mountain sled I think your version is off and don't get me wrong I have no problem with your in ability of admitting all you need is a bad azz trail sled like a Rev. Great thats you.
The PC wont do this and neither will the M, but you can easily get the M to do it where as the PC is a huge mod.
attachment.php

a pic from the BBA teaser

go here to see it in action at 1 min 40 sec (1:40)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9FXPOQNmdY

IMG_20121012_150719.jpg

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
all you talk about is going up, we go up, down, sideways, diagonal, zig zag, etc............................................. you go try whats in that pic right there and it will be a pro getting your azz out not a cat.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
heres something for you to consider, I posted this somewhere else but I think it got deleted. Cat and doo must have got butt hurt or something.
This shows the angle on average, not perfect but close of the angle before panels hit, (the XM is worse than in the pic because its hard to account for track roll which will just lessen the angle) The M is dang near the same as a pro and if you drop the skid on the M it is the same, (although the pro panels work better)
attachment.php

img039.jpg

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I'm done bitching. I voted with my checkbook and bought the sled that is built for the way I ride. Oh, and the dealer just called and its in:bounce:

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Video=Truth

Alright, Wyo, I'm not hatin on you, I'm really not...I promise...but we need some video. You have to have some video up on youtube or something of you sledding in the steep and deep trees right?

I really don't mean to imply that I'm doubting that it exists,as I'm not. However, we all need to see it.

This will be a perfect learning experience for all of us. You can post up your tree riding on your new 2013 Pro with the Suz engine in it (how is that project going anyway? I really look forward to seeing your results.) and we can all say "here is the kind of "mountain" riding that the Pro is best for.

Then AKsnopro can post up video of him launching and climbing on his 2013 PC and we can all say "here is the kind of "mountain" riding that the PC is best for.

Then we can all be so happy that AKsnopro and Wyoboy1000 have officially settled and agreed to disagree on the definition of a "mountain."

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Alright, Wyo, I'm not hatin on you, I'm really not...I promise...but we need some video. You have to have some video up on youtube or something of you sledding in the steep and deep trees right?

I really don't mean to imply that I'm doubting that it exists,as I'm not. However, we all need to see it.

This will be a perfect learning experience for all of us. You can post up your tree riding on your new 2013 Pro with the Suz engine in it (how is that project going anyway? I really look forward to seeing your results.) and we can all say "here is the kind of "mountain" riding that the Pro is best for.

Then AKsnopro can post up video of him launching and climbing on his 2013 PC and we can all say "here is the kind of "mountain" riding that the PC is best for.

Then we can all be so happy that AKsnopro and Wyoboy1000 have officially settled and agreed to disagree on the definition of a "mountain."

He posted some vids last year. If you've ever shot POV, you know how useless it is at showing angle with the super wide lens. most of us don't have a film crew.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
hmm

did i or anyone disagree with your side hilling theory?

but please continue to show us how your right again and again??? dood i can get on my proclimb and whip donuts over and over, i dont think its as ill handling as you make it out to be.....

all your it cant attitude makes me want to do is show you what it can (uploading more vids!!! lol)!!!

keep throwing it out there, like you continuously do even though i don't think anyone's disagreed with you?

i said im not sure if its for me, but that doesnt mean i disagree with your theory and sleds ability!!

expect some vids from me thats all im gonna say! :)

kapeeeesh?

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
hmm

did i or anyone disagree with your side hilling theory?

but please continue to show us how your right again and again??? dood i can get on my proclimb and whip donuts over and over, i dont think its as ill handling as you make it out to be.....

all your it cant attitude makes me want to do is show you what it can (uploading more vids!!! lol)!!!

keep throwing it out there, like you continuously do even though i don't think anyone's disagreed with you?

i said im not sure if its for me, but that doesnt mean i disagree with your theory and sleds ability!!

expect some vids from me thats all im gonna say! :)

kapeeeesh?

YOU

ARE

WRONG

I

AM

RIGHT

capiche?

Oh... and your Italian sucks.:face-icon-small-win

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
Holy crap do i have to spell it out to you guys in crayon, mayby we could finger paint it . its a fact right now we are going to share a chassis with the four stroke crowd. accept it or move on to a pro and go bug those guys
We're talking about mountain sleds here... 4 strokes aren't even part of the equation.

In the years I've been riding I've had one buddy dumb enough to buy a 4 stroke, and I've seen him ride it 2 times.

4 strokes aren't mountain sleds, and I couldn't give a crap less about what they did to this sled because of the 4 stroke. They couldn't even be bothered to give us a real oil tank because of that stupid azz motor.

Sick of hearing that excuse, as if it benefits us in some way... IT DOESN'T.

If it saved US $1000 to have a 4 stroke chassis that would be one thing, but it didn't. The ONLY reason they did that is for the shareholders, it has NOTHING to do with making a good sled.

F*** four strokes

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
Own both proclimb and pro, proclimb sucks. Bought xm for this season so we will see how it does. Don' t be disapointed in cat guys but be disapointed in CAT.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Because spinning a donut is proof??? AK, I know its hard for you to believe but I knew 97% of what the PC could do within a few rides, then I modded it and made it go further and further while others watched because there PC couldn't compete.
I never once said it wont do what you said it would either, I'm just way past elementary school. stirrrrr..

I don't have good video, like said its not easy without a film crew.
But if you take all the videos out there, you wont find a PC doing what a pro will. And a few M's. But I learned a few things and maybe this year I can get a better vid. no promises though.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Holy crap do i have to spell it out to you guys in crayon, mayby we could finger paint it . its a fact right now we are going to share a chassis with the four stroke crowd. accept it or move on to a pro and go bug those guys

then why is the pro just slaying it with sales. I'm just curious. heII there even selling to trail guys. Hmmmm.....

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Film Crew

We all don't have film crews, and yes, don't even bother with POV, the GoPro has become the death of amateur video. However, we all ride with a buddy right? I guess maybe not, you're way more manly than me if you don't ride with a buddy. Just give your buddy your iphone for a minute at the bottom of a steep hill full of trees, and we we'll mostly just hear your sled (because the trees are so thick I assume) until we see you at the top.

Something is better than nothing, and we all have access to a buddy and an iphone.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
vids last year

I must have missed those vids last year. Do you have a link to the thread or anything? I really am being honest and sincere that I would love to see the dude ride.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
heres something for you to consider, I posted this somewhere else but I think it got deleted. Cat and doo must have got butt hurt or something.
This shows the angle on average, not perfect but close of the angle before panels hit, (the XM is worse than in the pic because its hard to account for track roll which will just lessen the angle) The M is dang near the same as a pro and if you drop the skid on the M it is the same, (although the pro panels work better)

So drop the skid 1.5"s and you'll sidehill the crap out of the Pro!!!! LOL!!

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
oh and to bring up previous post the M was way easier to side hill to the clutch/DD side. i could do it on the right no problem too but the effort was more.

you even have to add 5 psi to one side of the sled to get it to land/fly strait

i think a lot of the easier to throw to the left theory has to do with the clutch forces spin a gyro in your hand and watch the funny forces your had gets when going up down left and right with it....

-Aksnopro

Premium Features