• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011-2013, differences, Are they that different?

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I'm just speculating, but I'm expecting a new engine pretty soon. I thought there would be a new one for '13. This will be the 6th season of the cleanfire 800. How many other 800's have been around for that long? none. Btw the 60th anniversary will be the 2015 model year.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/polaris-industries-inc-history/

Says here they were incorporated in 1954

Could be either I supose considering this

"Other orders followed that year and the company, which renamed itself Polaris Industries after the Latin name for "north star," worked on improving the original concept with each consecutive model. Five machines were built in the winter of 1954-55"

Last edited:
V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
I'm just speculating, but I'm expecting a new engine pretty soon. I thought there would be a new one for '13. This will be the 6th season of the cleanfire 800. How many other 800's have been around for that long? none. Btw the 60th anniversary will be the 2015 model year.

My bad, 2015 is the 60th anniv.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah

Ummm....? The Suzuki 800 going on it's 7th year!:face-icon-small-dis

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Not really though. The HO was a big enough change I would consider that a new era of Suzuki 800. They came out in what, 2010?

It would be awesome if Poo came out with their own 800 HO. The Pro would be even more amazing!

Nope. It's the same motor with weight taken off the crank. Hoping Polaris doesn't do that!

Last edited:

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Nope. It's the same motor with weight taken off the crank. Hoping Polaris doesn't do that!

If it wasn't for suzuki arctic cat wouldn't even be in the game anymore, but wait they are going to start building their own motors in '14, good luck with that! Polaris sales were up fourty some percent in '11 which leaves a lot more room for research and developement. The dragon is old news and a mistake, the pro is the best chassis ever built to date and keeps getting better. They market the chassis but not all the updates to the motor, who admits to failure. They updated the crank shaft from '11 to '12 and then redesigned the cylinders from '12 to '13. The '13 is going to be an amazing sled just as long as the belt drive holds up for the hard core riders. The consumer asked for it and Polaris produced it. So when arctic cat starts building their own motors polaris will be light years ahead, so enjoy it while u can, JUST SAYIN. Truth be told u wish you had a pro or you wouldn't be on this form.

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
Ok, I can't have people spreading untruths, so I had to go check some old magazines to find out about the 2010 cat engine. In the words of that magazine, the new engine is an all new mill, loosely based on the old mill. One of the many differences is the crankshaft is over 4 lbs lighter. It also made over 20 more horse. I know my '09 dragon used to beat up on the older cat 800's all the time. But the 2010 engine is all new, just still a lay down motor

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
A source, three major things are coming, one was the belt drive, two will a new motor, three don't know. 2014 is the 60th anniv. Will be awesome.

Your source tells you there will be a belt drive in 2014 (or 15) ????

Mine tells me there is one for 2013. LOL

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
It seems as if '14 will be a great year to own a pro until they mix it up again in '15, but that is a long ways away :face-icon-small-hap

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
It seems as if '14 will be a great year to own a pro until they mix it up again in '15, but that is a long ways away :face-icon-small-hap

Yeah ive played the waiting for the "NEW" chasis with yamaha for like 5 years now. Gave up this year and traded the yami on a pro. My advice is buy want you want now. Dont hope for the next best thing next year.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah ive played the waiting for the "NEW" chasis with yamaha for like 5 years now. Gave up this year and traded the yami on a pro. My advice is buy want you want now. Dont hope for the next best thing next year.

Yeah, that's like chasing the next best computer or something. Never gonna stay on top of that game.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Ok, I can't have people spreading untruths, so I had to go check some old magazines to find out about the 2010 cat engine. In the words of that magazine, the new engine is an all new mill, loosely based on the old mill. One of the many differences is the crankshaft is over 4 lbs lighter. It also made over 20 more horse. I know my '09 dragon used to beat up on the older cat 800's all the time. But the 2010 engine is all new, just still a lay down motor

that must be the same magazine that said the pro motor was all new and all the poo guys on snowest bragged and bragged about it all year in 2011 season only to find out its still sht. fact is they are both the same motor with little changes to them in 6-7 years.

the suzuki is still a better mill than the poo and i'm not the only one waiting for one of them to build a better motor than they are now. pretty easy for poo to do it! cat on the other hand will have to work a bit harder as they have their hands full with that pos proclimb debacle.:face-icon-small-dis

so.... yeah i'm lookin at polaris to put a real motor in that real chassis. till then it's old turbo'd suzuki's. put a turbo suzuki in a pro and it'd be PERFECT!:hail:

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
The 2013 Pro will be the lightest, best handling, most power to weight, most refined, most wanted and envied and most dependable 800 ever put on the snow!

How do I know this?. I don't, it's just what I have been telling myself all summer lol and I know it will bug some people that are itching to own one just to see lol.
Days are getting shorter!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cat had thousands & thousands of miles on the proclimb too...:face-icon-small-sho

Just cause the gimp testers have a bunch of miles driving in circles doesn't mean it works. (but I'm pretty confident in the belt drive... I'm buying one)

HAHA. LOL

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada

I realize it's a refined version of their old motor. I wouldn't put it in the same class as the old ones at all though, if you want to, that's fine. Isn't that we want Polaris to do anyway? Refine this one? More power, some more reliability, and we'll be golden. Or they could take a shot at a brand new motor. I don't really care, as long as they make it work.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Zuke will continue to build the 800HO and sell it to ACAT for the M's in 2014 and beyond. Until the EPA stops them. ACAT is already building their own 4s's, that's what St. Cloud is for. I would say Jason Houle is the reason ACAT is still in the mt. sled game. The Pee-specials were pretty lame, the M-cats a stopgap (remember the parabolic ski?) and JH was the designer of the M. In a way, that chassis combined with the laydown 700 trail motor, and a dose of Rasmussen and Burandt, changed mainstream mountain sled riding, vertical to off camber. The zuke 800HO was a TRF redesigned motor, the original 800 laydown was designed by Japan, just a bigger 700. First real 2S that TRF's did on their own. They own the intellectual property on the motor, not zuke.

Last edited:
I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
The 2013 is an awesome sled and will blow your minds as to how much easier it is to ride and put in technical situations then previouse year Pro's. I know this cause i was one of three people running the polaris demo tour this last season and logged over 500 miles on a '13. There are a ton of small changes with the '13. The big changes are suspension; Front and rear shocks have completely different valving giving the '13 way different and better feal both on and off trail. Also Bonded front a arms, carbon fibre overhead structure, Lightweight jack shaft, light weight belt drive, extruded aluminum driveshaft, extruded aluminum servicable running boards, kill switch relocatated and divoriced from throttle block, light weight short freeride seat. and a lot of other tiny refinements. The LCD display is refined also giving you the ability to change a few options such as ethanol to non-ethanol switching at the push of a button instead of switching a resistor around under the hood. all that Plus some killer color options. the white/silver was my favorite.........

snowest add 019.jpg

snowest add 020.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features