• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP wants us our fix our sled and pay for it!!

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)
W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
2008 154 summit x with 115 miles---had to buy my 19 tooth gear to fix BRP's screw up and pay for my new belt till thet decide if they will cover it,,what a bunch of bu!! $hit..didnt cost me a dime on the 07 to get it right and this cost my about 170.00 .:mad:

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
I don't get it.What screw up?19 tooth gear??

last years sled was geared 19-45 ,this year they come with 21-45 and have clutch heat and belt issues.. i think the gear should be no charge and the belts should be warrantied no questions asked,,30-115 miles per belt is crap

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Stop Whining

Did you ever think it might be the dealer and NOT Skidoo? If you are a valued customer that is'nt always whining, would'nt they just throw a new belt at you.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
2008 154 summit x with 115 miles---had to buy my 19 tooth gear to fix BRP's screw up and pay for my new belt till thet decide if they will cover it,,what a bunch of bu!! $hit..didnt cost me a dime on the 07 to get it right and this cost my about 170.00 .:mad:

hey! i thought all was perfect with your new ride? when i posted belt problems a month you replied no problems. whats up. about every 2 rides need new a belt? sound about right? at least my dealers been covering my belts and yours should 2!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Do you know why a lower geared sled will all of a sudden cure your belt issues? Or does it really matter to you? Just wanna get out and ride I assume eh?

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
took mine 3 rides to pull the threads out,,hate to tinker on the sled just like to ride with no issues as much as possible..thats why i buy a new sled every year to have a good warranty that should fix this problem.imo

H
Nov 26, 2007
Preston, Id.
Are you sure that the dia. of both clutches and the drivers are exactly
the same..as your previous sled?

How could a company that just built the leading edge of light weight 2 smokes
be that far off on clutching or gear ratio..

They probably don't think its the problem, and your fix may just be a
bandaid to the problem as well..

I gear all my sleds way down to gain track speed on the hill, which helps
lower clutch temp and belt wear. Thats my choice, if I was a flat lander
I would most likely gear up..Should BRP pay for that as well?

All you proved is that BRP chose middle of the road gearing to try
and make the majority of the people happy..

I hope like he11 thats all I have to ***** about on my new ride..;)

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
Especially if you buy a new sled every year!

i almost didnt get the new gear and was going to let the dealer shell out a couple more belts while BRP finds a cure BUT cooke has some good snow and i dont want to ruin a good days ride with belt issues.My dealer has been very good to us , cant say the same for BRP,, if our dealer wasnt so good it would make it a lot harded to own a 08 after all the problems with the 07 but he went out of his way to keep the 07 running 95% till he figured it out.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Powville, WA and BC
IMO Ski Doo changed there clutch configuration completely this year and to get it to work good they had to gear it up. Downside, they love to eat belts with this clutch set-up. Let us know, but I bet you will be less than satisfied with the performance of the sled with it geared down and stock clutching. You will have to re-clutch to see the performance match or beat your stock set-up. Once we get these sleds all figured out it is going to be off the charts. Just wait and see. It is going to take at least a month to get there though.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Meeker, Colorado
Thats the one thing i dont understand with all of you doo guys. All the problems from last year and you go back with more money on a new sled not knowing if the problems have been fixed, i guess theres a plus/negative side to being one of the first released 08 sleds.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
170 bucks???? For a top gear and a belt?? WTF?? I would ask my dealer to "SHARPEN" his pencil. Did that include labor for the 10 min job??

Ace

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
170 bucks???? For a top gear and a belt?? WTF?? I would ask my dealer to "SHARPEN" his pencil. Did that include labor for the 10 min job??

Ace

i'm installing the gear. the gear was 39.00 dont know about the belt till the wife gets home ,havet bought a belt in 2 years i'm guessing on the 170.00

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
How many miles do you ride a year? Sounds like a lot. Let us know how it shakes out

Good luck!:)

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO

I thought the new XP was perfect in every way ?????? :eek::face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features