• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP wants us our fix our sled and pay for it!!

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)
Hey TA, how are your handwarmers, mine crapped out today riding the snowies. I had about 3/4 of an inch of cord coming out of the belt, clicked up to 4 and did not have any more coming out. I have all the pin weight from the factory in my sled and at 10,600 was pulling 8000-8100 rpm in 3-5 feet of powder.

Need to get the warmers working as my freaking hands are about the only part of me that gets cold.

Hope things get sorted out for you.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
Hey TA, how are your handwarmers, mine crapped out today riding the snowies. I had about 3/4 of an inch of cord coming out of the belt, clicked up to 4 and did not have any more coming out. I have all the pin weight from the factory in my sled and at 10,600 was pulling 8000-8100 rpm in 3-5 feet of powder.

Need to get the warmers working as my freaking hands are about the only part of me that gets cold.

Hope things get sorted out for you.

so far the hand warmers are ok on our 2 sleds.i just think BRp should take care of us especially after the 07 clutch problems..as far as regearing ,if BRP had left the 08 like the 07 [19-45] i wouldnt be regearing and probably wouldnt be buying a new belt !

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Come on T/A dropping the top gear is along the same lines as swapping a helix's or a spring imo. As for the heat in the clutch creating belt issues well that just another skidoo/tra trademark that i believe skidoo has a patent on. LOL

Im just waiting for my shaft to arrive from Goodwin, so i can fix what skidoo historcally fails to want to fix, address or cure.

Most of my Primary & Secondary cure has arrived just waiting for the part from Goodwin to arrive.....Theres a reason 99% of Skidoo own racers prefer TEAM.

0011-1.jpg

Last edited:
J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Thats the one thing i dont understand with all of you doo guys. All the problems from last year and you go back with more money on a new sled not knowing if the problems have been fixed, i guess theres a plus/negative side to being one of the first released 08 sleds.

kinda like yamaha riders knowing there sleds are fat and slow, so spent 10 grand to make it go? it goes both ways oldskool!

D
Nov 30, 2007
Those parts are looking good!!!!!!!!
I've got mostly the same, hyperlite, shaft, but no sled....picking that up saturday.:p And, as a side note, I'm having a few shafts made by my freindly local machinist......

:beer;

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
TA-I'll bet you a steak dinner that it's more than just gearing. My Dragon pulls 20/41 (2.05) with a 2.4-163" track, no clutch heat, no belt dust etc. Wonder why the XP can't pull lower gears-maybe different driver size? Some could be setup but you said yours was good. So what about the jackshaft in line with the engine pulses?
Hope they find a cure, you guys don't deserve another year like we had in 07.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i almost didnt get the new gear and was going to let the dealer shell out a couple more belts while BRP finds a cure BUT cooke has some good snow and i dont want to ruin a good days ride with belt issues.My dealer has been very good to us , cant say the same for BRP,, if our dealer wasnt so good it would make it a lot harded to own a 08 after all the problems with the 07 but he went out of his way to keep the 07 running 95% till he figured it out.

quick, someone call 911......wyo t/a has been kidnapped and this imposter is posting in his name.....no way a derogatory post could be from the REAL t/a

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
TA-I'll bet you a steak dinner that it's more than just gearing. My Dragon pulls 20/41 (2.05) with a 2.4-163" track, no clutch heat, no belt dust etc. Wonder why the XP can't pull lower gears-maybe different driver size? Some could be setup but you said yours was good. So what about the jackshaft in line with the engine pulses?
Hope they find a cure, you guys don't deserve another year like we had in 07.

Ron, Poo also stepped up and pay's the extra $$$ to have a TEAM secondary on all there sleds....Plus Poo's primary allows for plenty of cool airflow to minimize internal heat, plus,plus,plus,plus.

ot

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Come on T/A dropping the top gear is along the same lines as swapping a helix's or a spring imo. As for the heat in the clutch creating belt issues well that just another skidoo/tra trademark that i believe skidoo has a patent on. LOL

Im just waiting for my shaft to arrive from Goodwin, so i can fix what skidoo historcally fails to want to fix, address or cure.

Most of my Primary & Secondary cure has arrived just waiting for the part from Goodwin to arrive.....Theres a reason 99% of Skidoo own racers prefer TEAM.

0011-1.jpg

DITTO!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
last years sled was geared 19-45 ,this year they come with 21-45 and have clutch heat and belt issues.. i think the gear should be no charge and the belts should be warrantied no questions asked,,30-115 miles per belt is crap

Did you have the 159? What do you have this year.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
LMFAO, suck it up t/a, you got all the free belts BRP gave out last year. What a whiner, and the truth comes out.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Ron, Poo also stepped up and pay's the extra $$$ to have a TEAM secondary on all there sleds....Plus Poo's primary allows for plenty of cool airflow to minimize internal heat, plus,plus,plus,plus.

ot

Good move OT, the Team driven solves half the clutching problem. Did you know that the TRA primary weighs 12 lbs vs 7 for the P85? BRP missed an easy 5lbs for the diet of the XP. Rotax could have built the engine internals for a lighter primary and the second benefit would have been more HP to the track.
I put a Team on my 07 Summit but couldn't pull as much helix as with my 05 Polaris 800. Both engines had about 151HP but the Doo had more torque and broader power band. Poo 66-44-.42 vs Doo 58-42-.36. Some could have been the track but most the inefficient TRA. I thought about adding the P85 too, but was afraid to risk it with the cranks blowing like popcorn.
With the high jackshaft I think I'd be adding a torque arm to the clutch side and a torque stop to the mag side to control torsional vibes. I see Cudney is adding a solid UHMW piece to the rear engine mounts to stiffen things. You can only tie it in so tight before transferring the vibes somewhere else though.
I'll be watching, sure like the weight of the XP but not the rest of the package-yet!

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
I only have about 30 miles on my sled, and did notice about 1 inch of cord sticking out of my belt. After all the talk of people regearing from 21 to 19, i was thinking about throwing that 19 tooth gear in, and was wondering if i need to touch my clutch at all? I have also thought about putting some flowrites on my clutch side, pannel to get a little more air flow.
Thanks

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
kinda like yamaha riders knowing there sleds are fat and slow, so spent 10 grand to make it go? it goes both ways oldskool!

Ahh,,,but Yamaha riders go in buying willing to spend the money to have a bad *** sled , the Ski Doo rider bought a sled assuming that warranty and the company would look after them.;)

C

ChrisM8

Dec 3, 2007
Just rode Revy last week with my buddy and his brand new Summitt. Put on a couple hundred miles with no belt/clutch issues. sounds like you have a setup problem? Maybe your clutch needs to be shimmed or your engine isn't quite square or something?? Just my 2cents.
Cheers
ChrisM8

K

khaddon2110

Aug 17, 2006
Idaho
Just rode Revy last week with my buddy and his brand new Summitt. Put on a couple hundred miles with no belt/clutch issues. sounds like you have a setup problem? Maybe your clutch needs to be shimmed or your engine isn't quite square or something?? Just my 2cents.
Cheers
ChrisM8

LOL! You really think it is the setup? Crap! Why didn't we think of that?:eek:

S
Nov 27, 2007
Centerville Utah
This sound so much like an 05 900 rmk! It's really kinda funny. People will justify until the end and still tell everybody that the sled rips until they have bought 15 belts, 3 trips to the dentist cuz their molars have shaken out, more torque stops, gearing, handwamers, fire hazard, lower hp etc.... This is just funny to me, I just like to ride. But hey it's light right?

Premium Features