• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bars way too tall!!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
When standing up straight and hanging onto handlebars I want my forearms level. (not reaching down)

OK, went riding yesterday & paid a bit more attention to the height.
They are about hip height, meang my forarms do bend down slightly.
I would be comfortable with them level, but would be concerned about the steering post in a rollover.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
its to tall, its to wide, its to heavy its the wrong color, its not what I told them I wanted, sound like a bunch of girls shopping for a prom dress

is it September yet, Christ

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Never had a riser on any sled, anytime I climb on someone's sled that does have a riser I instantly feel like I am fighting it. Only makes sense to have the bars down so you can get your center of gravity down and use your body to roll the sled rather then up like some chopper and fighting the sled with your arms fully extended. I'm really not here to teach all of you how to ride or argue with you about what you think you know. Just saying cat should do something with the bars before production because they are too tall. It's much easier to add a riser for additional height then to replace the entire steering post to get them lower.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
for open mountain riding i prefer them lower, for any sort of bump riding, cornice bashing or jumping i prefer them higher and my elbows up to absorb the landing/force of the break through the cornice ect.

-Aksnopro

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Forgot ditch bangers ride mnt sleds to, when you learn how to ride in the mnts with that mnt sled you will understand what we are saying by bars all the way down.

I can understand why you little fellers would want them lower.
(BTW, you seem like an arrogant little man)
My back will simply last longer if I ride standing straight up without having to lean forward.
If that's wrong, well I content being wrong......little man.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I can understand why you little fellers would want them lower.
(BTW, you seem like an arrogant little man)
My back will simply last longer if I ride standing straight up without having to lean forward.
If that's wrong, well I content being wrong......little man.

Actually it's the other way around. Unless you ride with both skis on the ground (in that case, none of this matters) all the time, it's YOUR back that's taking the beating.

We run bars in a position so that we can be standing straight up, and reaching our arms down to the bars. This makes it so when you start to pull the sled over, you're doing it with your weight, not with your arms & back.

With your arms in the position that you mention, you have to beat yourself up to sidehill because you can't simply use leverage.

I could care less about some video, it's just common sense. When I put a new bar setup on my 09, at first it was up higher, and I couldn't believe how much harder it was to pull the sled over, there's no comparison.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Actually it's the other way around. Unless you ride with both skis on the ground (in that case, none of this matters) all the time, it's YOUR back that's taking the beating.

We run bars in a position so that we can be standing straight up, and reaching our arms down to the bars. This makes it so when you start to pull the sled over, you're doing it with your weight, not with your arms & back.

With your arms in the position that you mention, you have to beat yourself up to sidehill because you can't simply use leverage.

I could care less about some video, it's just common sense. When I put a new bar setup on my 09, at first it was up higher, and I couldn't believe how much harder it was to pull the sled over, there's no comparison.

I know im just one of those "stupidflatlanderposerswhorides2xayearbutcouldntpossiblybeagoodrider".....but I agree with BCIL, haven't seen Schooled, prob wont cause hopefully I will spend all my $ on a new poser proclimb(so I look like I know what im doin when I go out west) but thats the only way that makes sense to me. Had adjustable steering post, rode it not quite fully extended and I am 6'3'.

Laws of geometry state... the higher you have your post the closer you are to the sled when trying to throw a side hill and therfore you lose leverage, and one your post creates a bend in your arms you start to lose leverage again and you continue to lose the higher you go....you do look cooler hoping down the trail tho. you have to factor that in.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Lifters

Maybe we could make some lifters for you.
High hill snow Boots?

:loco:

Can somebody connected to the top of cat let them know their bars on the adjustable posts are way too tall. Climbed on that thing and in the very lowest position they still felt uncomfortably high. I like my current bars all the way down for boondocking and the new one's clear down felt like they were close to the middle for my 09. I am 5'9" so pretty average height.

Anyone else experience that?

Premium Features