• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to stay and ride around NE utah

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Our group rides some place different evey year for one trip and we were talking about riding around vernal or some place like that on the ne corner of utah. Coming from south dakota. Would like some local input on where to stay and ride. Would like a place with it's own kitchen and there will be 4-5 guys.

Thanks

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Vernal is just closer for us but it don't realy matter when your driving a 1000 miles anyway. I just figured the further I stayed away from slc the better it would be as far as crowds go. Anybody else have any other spots.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Vernal is just closer for us but it don't realy matter when your driving a 1000 miles anyway. I just figured the further I stayed away from slc the better it would be as far as crowds go. Anybody else have any other spots.

The reason Vernal is not that great of an option is because we are spoiled here in Utah with good snow, the snow Usually is not that great on the Vernal end of the Mtn range, (mind I say usual anything could change). So if your driving 1000 miles out here to stop at Vernal you will probably get black hills snow conditions with zero crowds. If distance, good snow, and terrain is your main purpose then stop in Northern Colorado or come all the way to What sleadhead suggested Evanston, Wy area(which is about 3-4 hrs longer drive then Vernal or 2 hrs from SLC)

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Thanks for the info we ride N. CO quite a bit just looking for something new and terrain and good snow is the mission for our group. So if we stayed in Evanston wy how far is it on 150 to where they close the road, and is the parking lot fairly big to turn around a 30' trailer.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
28 miles from Evanston to the Gate. There is a huge parking lot less than a block from the gate. Never gets full unless you come at Christmas or New Years. Even at those times I wouldn't worry too much. Bear River Lodge is only a stones throw away from the gate. But it will be a bit more expensive than something in Evanston. Also you can leave your trailer at the parking lot so you don't need to tow back and forth. What time of year are you planning your trip? I would be happy to line you up with some areas to ride. Maybe even play tour guide for you. What sleds do you guys ride?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
What's the best time to ride there? It would be either first part of feb or the end of march.

As far as sleds go I have a IQR 162 there's a M8, 08 xp, a couple of 800 159edge rmks and maybe a king cat or two depends on who goes for sure. That would be great if you would show us around I'm sure we could find an extra beer or two for you.:beer;

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
That's not a crazy statement I seen a husband and wife riding turbo nytro's last year and the wife was out climbing her husband. I'll be sure to get a hold of you when we get a date set. Thanks again for all the info!!!

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Just my $.02 but Bear river service sounds like just what you need. I dont ride that side much but have seen it ALOT. Good stuff up there. :D

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Just my $.02 but Bear river service sounds like just what you need. I dont ride that side much but have seen it ALOT. Good stuff up there. :D

Kevco: you have an open invitation to join us anytime on the Mirror Lake side. I think the Utah crew should plan some organized rides this year. I've never riden the Bountiful, farmington or Fairview areas, but would love to check it out.

Last edited:
C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
Depending on how long your staying, you might want to try up towards Heber city. Take him up around tower Mt. You have Park city for the night life, and awesome riding up there. There's no question, I'd head to the Uintahs over Vernal. There's alot more good riding area up that way. It's all within a few hours drive.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
For sure SH, I ride with a few guys who have horsepower (turbos) to compensate for talent but they are generally able to keep up and shouldnt slow us down too much.

I crack myself up:D

M
Dec 28, 2007
Tremonton, Utah
Vernal

I rode above Vernal once last year with a Bro-in-law who lives in Vernal. We took the Red Cloud Loop then busted off from there. I usually ride up Logan and would recommend you keep heading west.:D

A

ARTIC CAT BUM

Dec 8, 2007
Hansen,Idaho
Sledd'n

I'LL trade you some good Pheasant hunting for some guiding, U Need to ride a couple of different areas if you come to this area..How long are you guys coming to ride? We have great riding in Idaho also...

Our group rides some place different evey year for one trip and we were talking about riding around vernal or some place like that on the ne corner of utah. Coming from south dakota. Would like some local input on where to stay and ride. Would like a place with it's own kitchen and there will be 4-5 guys.

Thanks

Premium Features