• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 mountain cat 800

N
Apr 30, 2008
i want to do some mods to my sled. nothing to crazy, cause I would like to get a new sled this year. I already have an MBRP exhaust. I want to be able to get a little more HP with out throwin down a lot of cabbage. any suggestions?

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
I had v-force reeds in mine, and it made it run rich. I thought it ran better with the stock ones. I would pipe it, drop and roll the chaincase, go to a 151 or 159, ditch the stock airbox and go for some filters, and get rid of the stock skis for some PP's or Simmons. That should make it a perty fun sled to ride.

J
Feb 17, 2003
wyoming
I had an '01 800 that I did quite a bit to--HRP a-arms, drilled jack-and drive-shafts, liteweight rotor, Boss seat, 1M airbox, 151", among other things. After the weight loss (about 35-40lbs), it was a much more fun sled. I originally ran it with a PPP can, and it broke out around mounts, so I bought an SLP pipe/can, and that really made it run great! I enjoyed that sled quite a bit.

Premium Features