• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 mountain cat efi

C
Jan 8, 2024
Brookings sd
I got a 2001 mountain cat was a 800 someone put a 600 in tho it had a electrical problem when I got it found it was the stator I replaced it and now it will start but dies right away it will run a little longer if you put Gas in the intake but I can't figure out what's wrong with it

Jerry2star

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 25, 2021
I got a 2001 mountain cat was a 800 someone put a 600 in tho it had a electrical problem when I got it found it was the stator I replaced it and now it will start but dies right away it will run a little longer if you put Gas in the intake but I can't figure out what's wrong with it
Carb or efi?

Jerry2star

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 25, 2021
1. Check fuel pump by supplying it with 12vdc, you should hear itand with the cap off you can see/ hear the fuel being returned to the tank.

2. Check throttle safety switch.

3. Look at injector nozzles to see if they are plugged and on the side of the injector they have either a square, circle, or triangle that should match the symbol on the ECU.

Was the sled stored with a full or empty tank?

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
I got a 2001 mountain cat was a 800 someone put a 600 in tho it had a electrical problem when I got it found it Tutuapp 9Apps was the stator I replaced it and now it will start but dies right away it will run a little longer if you put Gas in the intake but I can't figure out what's wrong with it
Can you post a photo of it ?

Premium Features