• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best boondocking area in the Thompson/Okanagan?

Take the squilax-anglemount road. turn left on to eva road, turn left again on the adams pit road. Go through the pit and stage just after going through cow guard. You can see it using google earth. Its about 20 miles in. If the trail is pounded it can be a long ride. Went up Saturday. powder was choice. lots of play areas. A couple of cabins up there. First one has large open play areas, some small hills to jump off but some nasty little running creeks that can gobble you up. Second cabin is a old placer mining cabin, it still have some of the cores in one of the rooms. Close to some small lakes. Pretty area. Here's a shot from Saturday.

tn_Adamsstaging.jpg

tn_IMG00012.jpg

BC-XP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Kamloops
If youre not into riding hills porcupine ridge is close.Sunpeaks has some meadows and lots of tree riding. I would suggest crowfoot for an easy day with lots of snow there is just too many people there on wknds.

Weekends at Crowfoot aren't a problem, just stay away from the crowds, pick any area, hop over the hill and you find untracked fresh snow. Lots of people just stick to the staked route across the mountain. There can be 100 sleds leaving the parking lot and you won't see anyone all day except at the cabins. Just have to get off the beaten path. I've been riding up there for years and love it. Fog can be a bit of b1tch tho.

So my vote goes for Crowfoot \ Grizzley riding area due to vast terrain available. From open meadows to steep and deep, just need to know where to go.

Premium Features