• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

p-85 on 800 what clutch bolt ?

S

super swede

Nov 26, 2007
I want to try a p 85 on my hawk and i figured now is the time
it seams like the skidoo bolt is a litle short
anyone done the swap on a 800
some pointers would be great
also is anyone running the simmons gen 2 without the trail set back
i run the setback and would like some opinions on running a straight
mount in the mouintains
thanks
Jonny

/

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
I used the stock bolt and it works fine. But you need to have the p-85 re tapered for the Rotax crank. I also run the Simmons with out the set back. I love it but do not ride trails often. I have heard others say once you get comfy on your Hawk to get rid of the set back unless you are a trail rider. There has been many post's about clutching some like the tra others the comet and the p-85 the only down fall to the p-85 is getting it re-tapered. but I LOVE mine hopes this helps.:)

T

toys-4-us

Dec 9, 2007
Ditto to IBBROKEN, I have run the p-85 for a year, and love it. would go back to a tra, anything that I can do to get away from canadian makes me happy. TOO MUCH MONEY FOR PARTS!!! By the way I have 2- 600HO motors for sale complete, all wiring, and electrical, motors and all, going to polaris! Easier to tune, mods much better and more HP. call if you need anything. Thanks Steve 1-435-512-3043

Premium Features