• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Glacier Cruiser's Avalanche Course

B
Nov 26, 2007
Sedro-Woolley, WA
Ok...here are the details for the avalanche training course on January 25th, 26th and 27th

We are going to meet Friday night at the Sedro Woolley Community Center, which is on Pacific Street between Central and Ball. You can Google 715 Pacific Street and get really close. We will meet at 6:00 for dinner and socializing with the class to begin at 6:30. We plan to go for 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours that evening.

If you are planning on bringing any family members who are not signed up as participants Friday night, please pm me or call me so we can plan accordingly.

The "on snow" portions of the class will follow on Saturday and Sunday. Though we are thinking the meadows at Schreiber's, we may do alternative locations depending on weather and snow conditions. We will discuss that Friday evening.

On both Saturday and Sunday, we want to have you at the snowpark, with gear on and ready to ride at 9:00. The more organized and timely we can make it to the hill the more instruction Niko can give before it gets dark. This is a lot of good stuff including much beacon use and multiple burial scenarios, so we want to get the time in.

Each class participant will only ride one day...either Saturday or Sunday, NOT BOTH. We have tried our best to accommodate the requests for days and will go over the assignments on Friday evening. If there needs to be adjustments, we will try our best to shift things around but we are trying to keep the class evenly split on both days.

Lunch WILL be provided on the hill both days. We will serve chili and hotdogs, coffee, cocoa, pop and water.

If you have any questions or would like to know what day you are scheduled on, please pm me or call me at 856.6137. You can also call Mike Couch if you have questions.

Thanks a lot and see you then,
BroT
Travis

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Looking forward to it. Thanks for putting it on.

Is it true that that you're providing new Dragon's for the field trip activities on Saturday?? That is just SO nice of you all... :p Thanks a bunch, really.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Sedro-Woolley, WA
Looking forward to it. Thanks for putting it on.

Is it true that that you're providing new Dragon's for the field trip activities on Saturday?? That is just SO nice of you all... :p Thanks a bunch, really.

Actually...the multiple burial scenarios we will be teaching deal with buried people...not dragons :eek: :D heh, heh

Lookin' forward to meeting you,
BroT

Last edited:
Premium Features